Author Topic: New map!  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Re: New map!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2020, 02:13:41 PM »
I made the map called "Northco".  The intent was to focus action and minimize sneaks.  Last night the action might have been a bit too <cough> focused on the Knits.  Saw the same 2v1 last time the map was active.  Not sure if it's the map or just the way the game is played these days.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.   :D

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 03:35:30 PM »
Must be because there is nothing secret about it.

HiTech

If there was nothing secret about it why wasnt announced is what I think he was saying.

IF you caught it that first time it was up you knew about it, but I think it came up during the day and it was reset before the numbers grew so only a small number of people saw it. The message board only had this note....

Well, it went live today and lasted about an hour.

First 23 Bish and 8 Rooks attacked 6 Knits, while ignoring each other.   Then, when the Bish had 25% of Knit bases, they attacked the Rooks who ignored them to fight the Knits who made no effort to recapture their bases from the Bish.

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but at least it was something new.   :D

"Added a virtual keyboard for VR...."  This is huge!! Only heard about it for a post in the bug reports.  :(

Anything new added to the game should have announcements here, the main web page, and all social media accounts HTC has. Get the word out, generate some "buzz" about the game.

The "News and Announcements" page was last updated on patch 9, we are on patch 12. The only place to see what has been updated is on the clipboard when you first sign in. To a new player it looks like the game isnt maintained. We all know it has many updates to fix things and this week we got a virtual keyboard along with a new map a few weeks ago, but all of that seems secret and you have to dig around to find the information.

Show the world that the game isnt neglected! Generate some buzz! POST POST POST!!!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2020, 06:43:21 PM »
Anything new added to the game should have announcements here, the main web page, and all social media accounts HTC has. Get the word out, generate some "buzz" about the game.

Agreed.  I was wondering what the changes were.

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2020, 10:13:35 PM »

Agreed.  I was wondering what the changes were.

- oldman

Patch 12 + 13

/********************** version 3.05 patch 13 ************************/ 
1. Fixed a distribution issue with htdlg.res not patching correctly

/********************** version 3.05 patch 12 ************************/ 
1. End Sortie now shows yellow if ending will cause a ditch.

2. Added virtual keyboard for vr, this can be disabled in the /options/preferences/vr

3. Fixed a bug that caused the Options/Arena Setup/CMTools/Weapons dialog not to work.

4. Fixed a bug crashing the film viewer when creating a 2nd avi of the same film.

5. rotated the some gauges on the f.2b to be vertical.

6. Moved the sights folder to the settings folder.

7. We now ship with a configured defsights folder that is read from if the file does not exist in settings/sights. This prevents conflicts with oculus trying to patch the sight folder.

8. Fixed a bug where the copy write string was showing threw the clip board in the VR title screen.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 02:45:22 AM »
Amazing how many just want to complain..... no matter what.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2020, 03:11:14 AM »

That sounds like a complaint  :P
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2020, 02:37:31 PM »
It’s the world we live in.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2020, 06:05:53 PM »
If there was nothing secret about it why wasnt announced is what I think he was saying.

IF you caught it that first time it was up you knew about it, but I think it came up during the day and it was reset before the numbers grew so only a small number of people saw it. The message board only had this note....

"Added a virtual keyboard for VR...."  This is huge!! Only heard about it for a post in the bug reports.  :(

The "News and Announcements" page was last updated on patch 9, we are on patch 12. The only place to see what has been updated is on the clipboard when you first sign in. To a new player it looks like the game isnt maintained. We all know it has many updates to fix things and this week we got a virtual keyboard along with a new map a few weeks ago, but all of that seems secret and you have to dig around to find the information.

Show the world that the game isnt neglected! Generate some buzz! POST POST POST!!!

100%. About as free as it gets

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2020, 04:03:11 PM »
Absolutely gorgeous map <S>

I came up in this game during a time when numbers were still high, large maps ruled, and sneaks were essential to winning the war of attrition. For someone like myself who mastered that aspect, this map gives the player a wonderful opportunity to both attack at will and swiftly defend when necessary.

Love the strat placement too. Having the Ack stations surrounding the AAA strats  :rock :aok while leaving the city in a tempting yet easily defendable location makes both attack and defending the strats guaranteed action.

5 stars ye wise ol feller

2v1 is a given on a map like this. You either come out swinging or you get ran over on both fronts. Looking forward to playing this one when im back beginning of next year :cheers:

FineTime

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 04:09:30 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »
<SNIP>
Haven't seen it, but I am happy to hear it!

Hear it????  We have maps that make noise?

OH, SHUT up fuzeman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Violator, I have something funny to tell you about the 2018 TOC prize I gave you.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2020, 07:12:46 AM »
Thanks, FineTime, glad you liked the map.   :salute

I uploaded a second one with fleets and a similar base capture strategy, "Reefs".  Not sure if it will get into the MA rotation.  Working on a third, "big island" layout.  These compact maps don't seem to last long in the MA, but that may be a good thing -- variety, spice, and all that.    :D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:50:22 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2020, 08:51:27 AM »
Thanks, FineTime, glad you liked the map.   :salute

I uploaded a second one with fleets and a similar base capture strategy, "Reefs".  Not sure if it will get into the MA rotation.  Working on a third, "big island" layout.  These compact maps don't seem to last long in the MA, but that may be a good thing -- variety, spice, and all that.    :D

I wanna see pics of these.  :) :salute :cheers:

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2020, 08:57:11 AM »
I wanna see pics of these.

I think that you can download "Reefs" from Choose Terrain in the game, and fly it offline.  The big island terrain is still in the oven.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2020, 09:06:20 AM »
Ah, 'reefs' wasn't what I was expecting. You do good work but that map is more like 'lakes.'  :old:

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2020, 11:24:13 AM »
Turned 71 a week ago
Not on that often, but keep the sub active for when the bug bites
Ground Pounders ...