Author Topic: Update won't download  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Re: Update won't download
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2020, 08:19:21 AM »
Patch 12 came out and there were a couple issues and Hitech quickly came out with patch 13.

When I did the update there was one file that took a long time to DL and install..... a few minutes even on my quick connection. Maybe just let it run longer?

Makes me wonder if folks that got that Patch 12 were able to successfully update.  I haven't been on for several days so I definitely missed patch 12.

:noid
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 08:21:48 AM »

... so I definitely missed patch 12.

Which by the way, is why I went out to the downloads page looking for the chain up update files (might be nice to have).  :aok
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Who7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 10:29:57 AM »
I Just tried the update again just now at 10:30am CST and it worked.   

Looks like they might have fixed it

Offline Skywarp7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2020, 09:03:03 PM »
It still isn't working for me. It almost completely downloaded and then I got an error message: initialization failed with -9 mainWLD_FAILED -1. Now every time I try to start the game, it automatically comes up with that error message.  :bhead

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2020, 09:41:42 PM »
It still isn't working for me. It almost completely downloaded and then I got an error message: initialization failed with -9 mainWLD_FAILED -1. Now every time I try to start the game, it automatically comes up with that error message.  :bhead

Normally when you get that error you should download the full game and install it as they say here

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,382061.msg5086378.html#msg5086378

As Im not sure if the main web page download link has been updated to the newest version I'd suggest going to your "temp" folder in the aces high folder, mine is here (default)

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\temp

Double click to newest EXE file to start the update. However, if that file is corrupt it may not help.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2020, 08:04:55 AM »
Was able to get back at it last night
Downloaded and installed first patch
Then it automatically went back and installed a second patch
Game worked somewhat okay.. I still suck - so the patch reallt didn't help all that much :)

NwBie

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."