Author Topic: Button mapping  (Read 563 times)

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
Button mapping
« on: September 06, 2020, 03:40:06 PM »
Is anyone else having problems with button mapping on the thrustmaster? I will map the controller and five minutes later I have to do it again. it does not stay mapped ! Now the same thing is going on with my X52 pro! Kind of hard to play when in the middle of the flight, I lose my buttons and auger new holes in the landscape!! Any help would be appreciated!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Button mapping
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 03:11:30 PM »
Hope you find a solution soon!

I’m in the market for a new stick and this is one on the list...

Please let us know when you find out the cause.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 06:51:06 PM »
My x52 was a good stick I couldn’t get used to the twisty stick though. The thrustmaster t 1600 I have is a great one as well. The nice thick is if you get the throttle with it, it has a rudder on the throttle. This makes it worthwhile for me!  If you’re looking, look closely at the thrustmaster with throttle!!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 01:29:54 AM »
Shppr01, have you checked that "auto select mode" isn't checked? A glitch might change it during flight.

Maybe more importantly, check if you have some button on any of your controllers or keyboard assigned to change mode! Both in Map Keys and Map Controllers under Global there's Mode 1/2/3/4 Select and if you have any of them assigned to a button you may accidentally change the mode during flight.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 02:44:53 PM »
I’ve looked and see nothing amiss. But then I have no idea what I’m looking at! One question is could it be my usb hub? I don’t think it’s 3.0. I’m not really tech savvy so I’m grasping all the straws! I guess I can still set up the thursday tank wars and no play. That’s kind of like putting me in front of a candy shop with 1000.00 and saying I can’t go in!!!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 03:04:17 PM »
But then I have no idea what I’m looking at!
Go to Map Keys/Global/Mode 1/2/3/4 Select and see if there's any key assigned. Then go to Map Controllers. From the drop down menu choose each of them including the Mouse and check if you have any button assigned to Global/Mode 1/2/3/4 Select.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 02:08:10 AM »
If you plug an older item into a USB 3.o it should work fine.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)