Author Topic: September 2020 KOTH Results.  (Read 813 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
September 2020 KOTH Results.
« on: September 13, 2020, 01:44:22 PM »
Don't think there is an issue that would change Rud3boi being announced as winner and the winning perkies information has been submitted.
There is an issue with logs as some  :old: forgot to run them. Only 6 films to look at so I might try and figure that out.

I've noticed a disturbing, at least to me, trend where people have to announce they are out of the fight as opposed to just exiting flight, which results in system messages 'you have been killed by so and so' or on the other end 'You killed so and so' and leisurely try to ditch or exit gracefully. IMO that takes TOO long when all you need to do is bail or crash, if say below 100' AGL. And when people linger on the ground that throws off the number of people in-flight, which I always use when doing the Last Four, Last Thee countdowns.
Some KOTHers like to check the number of kills they got during KOTH and we do include the top 5 killers in the results and not getting those system messages when you are shot down can effect those totals.

I will get the official results post up in the next couple of days.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
The 'Bf' of Bf 109s
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 11:04:27 AM »
A question came up in one of the many Bf 109 rounds we had as to what the Bf stood for in Bf 109, According to Wikipedia "It was designed by Willy Messerschmitt and Robert Lusser who worked at Bayerische Flugzeugwerke during the early to mid-1930s" They were also called Me 109s.

I have looked at the films for kill numbers and I was very limited in my view of fights as they weren't all captured in my films. I really didn't count any proxies and also assumed if I guy who's fight wasn't in my view but came into it and I was fairly sure they had won a fight I gave them credit for 1. They will not be accurate and probably less accurate than usual. Of course when people get eliminated from a round of KOTH they sometimes dilly-dally and do not bail and end their sortie, which has effected KOTH kill counts since we started counting them. Official results will be up in a day or three.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: September 2020 KOTH Results.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »
Another month where we barely had enough for a good event. The event lasted just over an hour and we had six rounds. We had en people at the start but that dwindled to six for much of the event. We did manage to get two wabbits and of the two Rud3boi pulled out the win. Congratulations and -{S}- to Rud3boi for the win. The Bf 110G-2 was chosen for October's first chariot of battle.

Round by round results:
1} Rud3boi in a Bf 109F-4
2} Wiley in a Ki-84-Ia
3} Rud3boi in a Bf 109G-14   {Wabbit}
4} Eagler in a C.202
5} Eagler in a Bf 109G-14   {Wabbit}
6} Rud3boi wins in a FM2.

TOC reservations earned by Rud3boi and Eagler, who had already earned their spot.
I forgot to run logs but looked at my films to come up with some numbers. They are NOT accurate but the way people exit a fight is becoming rather pathetic. Some KOTHers like to see those numbers and it only takes a small effort to exit in a quicker fashion. For what it's worth here are the totals.
Top five kill totals were: Eagler-8, Rud3boi-7, Wiley-4, and HORRIDO1 and Owl-2

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 03:02:58 PM »
Yeah....

Hehe, now I know why neither 2 of you that have my number did not attempt to call me until it was bought over

Just messing with ya...

Grats  Rudeboi
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 03:54:31 PM »
Well I tried both numbers I had for you and went to Melee and got Rud3boi on 200 and asked him. Didn't seem like he could get you either.
I'll pester you next month.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 05:30:58 PM »
I know Dave.... not sure why my house land-line phone number didn't work, weird....

But it's all good and now you know my new mobile phone number 👌

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 06:33:11 AM »
I think round 5 was a 109g2

Missed you TC - we needed someone who could kill Rude :)

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 01:37:45 PM »
I think round 5 was a 109g2

Missed you TC - we needed someone who could kill Rude :)

<S>

Eagler

That it was. Can't edit that post but I can correct the one on AHEvents.org.  I do think I got it right went I mentioned KOTH in Blinky's post. Checked, I did, 1 for 2, actually 1 for 3 if you count AH Events.