Author Topic: A Starlink short video  (Read 653 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
A Starlink short video
« on: October 07, 2020, 09:57:50 PM »
Dave?........Dave?........

Dave’s not here !

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: A Starlink short video
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 10:31:49 PM »
LOL good luck with that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 09:18:28 AM »
There was a discussion about this recently on these forums and some people just didn't "get" the difference between low earth orbit and 1/10th of the way to the moon orbit (geo) and how latency compares.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 10:15:45 AM »
Putting a lot of garbage in low orbit that will be coming back 5 years or so. Then launch more. I bet those tree huggers and climate folks are in a husky fit.

I am sure the folks who study planets are not happy.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 11:56:45 AM »
Some cant live without facebook so we polute our night skies with gimmicks like this

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 01:59:46 PM »
There was a discussion about this recently on these forums and some people just didn't "get" the difference between low earth orbit and 1/10th of the way to the moon orbit (geo) and how latency compares.

And some people just didn't "get" the issues with ground handoff and routing across a network zipping at thousands of km/h around the earth.

Also they are claiming low latency but giving a first hop latency of 25-35ms. Not comparable to cable or fibre (here's a clue, first hop latency on fibre is 1-2ms).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 02:07:53 PM by Vulcan »

Offline Haskell

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 05:27:24 PM »
Putting a lot of garbage in low orbit that will be coming back 5 years or so. Then launch more. I bet those tree huggers and climate folks are in a husky fit.

I am sure the folks who study planets are not happy.

burning up in the atmosphere is no big deal, its not stuck in geo where it will remain forever.

and this will cheapen actual deployment of telescopes into orbit by financing spacex

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 03:16:38 AM »
burning up in the atmosphere is no big deal, its not stuck in geo where it will remain forever.

and this will cheapen actual deployment of telescopes into orbit by financing spacex
Climate change folks.... conundrum..... do I want gaming internet.... or do I push global warming?

ROTFLMAO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 05:55:28 AM »

Not forever, there are technologies in development to remedy space junk out there
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho