Author Topic: ISO Duel Partner / Wingman  (Read 2588 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: ISO Duel Partner / Wingman
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 04:04:50 PM »
10-4 I like the K4. I'm not the best with it but she's fun! I'll look for ya!  :rock

I might add that you will have much better luck in the MA flying the G2 with goodies than the 109F. The gondies make a world of difference in taking down planes faster which avoids you getting picked easier. The G2 still turns about as well or better than a spit 8 and is faster than a 109f.

If you are having trouble aiming the K4, do your best to learn how to set up crossing or snap shots. Thats the best way to aim the K4. Dead 6 shooting is the most toughest way to hit a plane. Also, pull the trigger a split second earlier than you normally do when you calculate the shot. I have my 30mm at 400-500 convergence to avoid a sharp drop off when using a lead shot.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 04:06:31 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 04:27:03 PM »
Come shoot me down. I hardly fly these days but I enjoy a good fight. I'm an easy kill too. It'll make you feel like you have mastered your plane when you shoot down my big ol' 38.     :D

If you are free on Monday evenings...... watch for MNM (Monday Night Madness) We fly in the AVA and it is all fighting between two bases. Low fighting with a little fog and tall buildings. Take off and fight right away. It is a blast and will hone your skills.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 04:30:01 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2020, 05:41:22 PM »
I look forward to the next one! I remember coming 2nd one time to the P-51D. Fun times!  :cheers:
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 06:21:21 PM »
I'm an easy kill too.

You know, there are a variety of penalties for fraud.  You should be more careful.

- oldman

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2020, 06:37:49 PM »
The G2 still turns about as well or better than a spit 8 and is faster than a 109f.

I don't doubt your knowledge, but im just wondering what trickery you have to do to manage outturning a spit?  Im always forced to outscissor them, and dont even bother trying to turn with gondies.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 09:10:40 PM »
I don't doubt your knowledge, but im just wondering what trickery you have to do to manage outturning a spit?  Im always forced to outscissor them, and dont even bother trying to turn with gondies.

I guess I used the word "turn" in too broad of a sense. A seafire, spit5 and 16, maybe even an 8, can generally turn in a circle better than a 109g2, atleast im pretty sure. I never like to circle turn with a Spit. However, the G2 is better in the vert and getting angles using flaps and rolls and rudder. The G2 also gets flaps out more quickly than a spit which can lead to faster rolls early on as you burn E to get inside the spit. The G2 has much better stability with rolls and has a nasty right snap roll using vert. It is a more difficult plane than the spit however because of views and vertical ACM is something that is learned. Many players in the MA dont know vertical ACM, so learning it with a 109 will give you the advantage over most spits in the MA.

I always bring gondolas. All it takes is one pass to hurt them well. With 1 20mm you have more of a chance of not hurting the player enough in a quick pass. This means you can get picked easier chasing a plane and not putting enough bullets in them. It also means your opponent can take the advantage if you dont finish them off fast enough.  The only time you should not bring gondies is in a 1v1 dueling fight. You are so much better off in the MA killing them quickly with 450 cannons than you are with 165 20mm trying to pin point all of your bullets to make them count. Not shooting down a plane fast enough means you have to burn more E to shoot them down which puts you in a weak disadvantage to other enemies in the MA. Learn to turn well with them. Use your flaps and throttle quickly, and set up your shots for crossing shots using angles in the vert. Once you get this down, then you can use the 30mm better and have better aim with a single cannon. Using gondies helps you shoot planes from the dead 6 easier which is helpful for players who don't have good aim.

The 109 is a very good defensive plane that counter punches better than almost any plane. Learn defense maneuvers and shoot them with the crossing shot. You will get a lot of kills this way.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 09:29:55 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 09:16:11 PM »
well i flew with you all day and yesterday and we should wing up soon  :cheers:
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2020, 10:10:33 AM »
I guess I used the word "turn" in too broad of a sense. A seafire, spit5 and 16, maybe even an 8, can generally turn in a circle better than a 109g2, atleast im pretty sure. I never like to circle turn with a Spit. However, the G2 is better in the vert and getting angles using flaps and rolls and rudder. The G2 also gets flaps out more quickly than a spit which can lead to faster rolls early on as you burn E to get inside the spit. The G2 has much better stability with rolls and has a nasty right snap roll using vert. It is a more difficult plane than the spit however because of views and vertical ACM is something that is learned. Many players in the MA dont know vertical ACM, so learning it with a 109 will give you the advantage over most spits in the MA.

I always bring gondolas. All it takes is one pass to hurt them well. With 1 20mm you have more of a chance of not hurting the player enough in a quick pass. This means you can get picked easier chasing a plane and not putting enough bullets in them. It also means your opponent can take the advantage if you dont finish them off fast enough.  The only time you should not bring gondies is in a 1v1 dueling fight. You are so much better off in the MA killing them quickly with 450 cannons than you are with 165 20mm trying to pin point all of your bullets to make them count. Not shooting down a plane fast enough means you have to burn more E to shoot them down which puts you in a weak disadvantage to other enemies in the MA. Learn to turn well with them. Use your flaps and throttle quickly, and set up your shots for crossing shots using angles in the vert. Once you get this down, then you can use the 30mm better and have better aim with a single cannon. Using gondies helps you shoot planes from the dead 6 easier which is helpful for players who don't have good aim.

The 109 is a very good defensive plane that counter punches better than almost any plane. Learn defense maneuvers and shoot them with the crossing shot. You will get a lot of kills this way.

Violator you've been one to always voice helpful info on posts like these. I go back and reference lot's you've linked to me and shown. Yet I don't think I've had the chance to fly with you, minus a few mess arounds back in the day when you hung out with Top Gun, The Damned, and 242nd Sloppy Terminators .I was just starting out then. Just Wendesday after a session with Sik1 I realized there was a basic fundamental I had been missing called "Lift Vector" LOL apparently it's a key fundamental as I picked it up pretty quick and it instantly changed my playability. Feel like a new pilot. I knew you mentioned weekends so I'll deff be looking out for you this weekend. I am a little curious about "vertical acms" and if that's something I already know and don't know I know. I like to think 9/10 my fight is in the vert (109's) and I'm pretty familiar with hammerheads, stalls, fake stalls, the occasional tailslide, and even hitting that "E" button when rolling right. The problem i was having was getting sucked into a knife fight then getting bnz'd but with this new found "lift vector" That changed a lot for me LOL.

I seem to remember JOACH1M and Anarchy teaching me the most about vertical fighting, as I seem to remember him doing it very well but it was so long ago.
Fortunately I'm still young and rather new to flying (maybe having 2 years total flying time) I've been around for years but never was serious about flying till about 2018.

Where I'd like to be is not having to use so much energy in fights but still setup good snapshots. I hate to speak of the devil around here but Skyyr was the best at this it seemed, as far as loading a roll and getting 2-3 kills out of the setup. I know you're very good at it too but I flew with him a lot more.
It'd be nice knowing exactly when I'm about to be able to setup a shot and not have to burn stupid amounts of E to get flaps out and get picked. *cough* 30mms. 

In short thanks for always voicing out and helping with tips / articles. I still reference a lot you've taught me, it's very helpful to have helpful people around. And to all who have shown me / flown with me. Thanks!  :cheers:

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2020, 10:11:50 AM »
well i flew with you all day and yesterday and we should wing up soon  :cheers:

Definitely was fun! I'm down anytime. But I'm new to winging!

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 10:12:39 AM »
Come shoot me down. I hardly fly these days but I enjoy a good fight. I'm an easy kill too. It'll make you feel like you have mastered your plane when you shoot down my big ol' 38.     :D

If you are free on Monday evenings...... watch for MNM (Monday Night Madness) We fly in the AVA and it is all fighting between two bases. Low fighting with a little fog and tall buildings. Take off and fight right away. It is a blast and will hone your skills.

Never even heard of this, but it sounds fun as heck! I'll be looking for the next one!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 10:56:22 AM »
Bravo330  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2020, 11:22:44 AM »
Yessir thats me! Then it was Blinky due to warpyness

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2020, 11:36:05 AM »

Was it you that i always used to sortie with especially in high ponies with BeeLowK/ Skyyr?
Ive thought it was you this whole time but i coildve sworn last time i mentioned it you said no. Either Dolby or Dobby  :joystick:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2020, 12:13:24 PM »

You know, there are a variety of penalties for fraud.  You should be more careful.

- oldman
Why I'd never......  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2020, 12:31:41 PM »
Why I'd never......  :D

P-38L is one of the few I fear in my playstyle... Hope to see ya around ;) Beautiful bird!