Author Topic: ISO Duel Partner / Wingman  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: ISO Duel Partner / Wingman
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2020, 12:38:23 PM »
P-38L is one of the few I fear in my playstyle... Hope to see ya around ;) Beautiful bird!

I fly the J. It is usually missing a few parts. As long as I can mix frozen margaritas in it, I keep flying.   :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2020, 12:51:18 PM »
I fly the J. It is usually missing a few parts. As long as I can mix frozen margaritas in it, I keep flying.   :aok

Understandable! I can't fit a blender in my 109.... but maybe a margarita! I like mine with extra Kraut
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2020, 12:54:11 PM »
Was it you that i always used to sortie with especially in high ponies with BeeLowK/ Skyyr?
Ive thought it was you this whole time but i coildve sworn last time i mentioned it you said no. Either Dolby or Dobby  :joystick:

Nope, not with those two. I flew around with the TopGun guy for a while though.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2020, 01:00:24 PM »
Blink...going to DA now if you care to meet me there.

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2020, 01:18:55 PM »
Blink...going to DA now if you care to meet me there.

Sadly I'm stuck at work till around 5pm CST
But I'll be looking!

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2020, 01:19:43 PM »
Nope, not with those two. I flew around with the TopGun guy for a while though.

I know you from somwhere darnnit. Through someone!
It very well could've been "Dobbs" but I'll swear it was Dolby.
No matter, if you ever wanna wing or duel lemme know!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2020, 01:23:03 PM »
If the dar bar you are heading towards is larger than the green one, take a k4

If the red bar is smaller than the green one, take a f4 or g2 with gonds

Listen to Violator

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2020, 01:34:12 PM »
If the dar bar you are heading towards is larger than the green one, take a k4

If the red bar is smaller than the green one, take a f4 or g2 with gonds

Listen to Violator

<S>

Eagler

There's a 109 - er. I've seen a lot of you through the years, used to make a point to find you for some good 109 fights. Good to see you still around shooting me down all the time <S>

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2020, 02:16:38 PM »
Violator you've been one to always voice helpful info on posts like these. I go back and reference lot's you've linked to me and shown. Yet I don't think I've had the chance to fly with you, minus a few mess arounds back in the day when you hung out with Top Gun, The Damned, and 242nd Sloppy Terminators .I was just starting out then. Just Wendesday after a session with Sik1 I realized there was a basic fundamental I had been missing called "Lift Vector" LOL apparently it's a key fundamental as I picked it up pretty quick and it instantly changed my playability. Feel like a new pilot. I knew you mentioned weekends so I'll deff be looking out for you this weekend. I am a little curious about "vertical acms" and if that's something I already know and don't know I know. I like to think 9/10 my fight is in the vert (109's) and I'm pretty familiar with hammerheads, stalls, fake stalls, the occasional tailslide, and even hitting that "E" button when rolling right. The problem i was having was getting sucked into a knife fight then getting bnz'd but with this new found "lift vector" That changed a lot for me LOL.

I seem to remember JOACH1M and Anarchy teaching me the most about vertical fighting, as I seem to remember him doing it very well but it was so long ago.
Fortunately I'm still young and rather new to flying (maybe having 2 years total flying time) I've been around for years but never was serious about flying till about 2018.

Where I'd like to be is not having to use so much energy in fights but still setup good snapshots. I hate to speak of the devil around here but Skyyr was the best at this it seemed, as far as loading a roll and getting 2-3 kills out of the setup. I know you're very good at it too but I flew with him a lot more.
It'd be nice knowing exactly when I'm about to be able to setup a shot and not have to burn stupid amounts of E to get flaps out and get picked. *cough* 30mms. 

In short thanks for always voicing out and helping with tips / articles. I still reference a lot you've taught me, it's very helpful to have helpful people around. And to all who have shown me / flown with me. Thanks!  :cheers:

Thanks Blinky! I am not too good at actual flight terminology. You will have to bear with me. The way I write about air combat is the way I perceive it when thinking about flying. I always like to share Aces High knowledge about planes to help players become better at the game so they can have more fun and learn how to fight better.

If you want to learn how to E fight better while also being in a plane that can generally maneuver well. Id definitely recommend the P38. Its great for E retention and learning how to be a better E fighter. It can also duel quite better than you might think against most planes. It cannot out maneuver a really good 109 stick, but they nearly almost manuever identically as good and have similar characteristics. The 109 has a slight advantage with equally skilled pilots in a 1v1. The p38 is great for learning E because it prevents you from making quick rolls and decisions that burn E quickly, where you'd do it in a 109. The P38 holds E much better than a 109 and if the p38 has alt on the 109, it's generally game over unless the 109 pilot is very skilled in defense. After flying a p38 for a month, your E skills will greatly improve, plus it will make you feel like you can maneuver much easier when you go back to the 109.

The only thing I'd recommend with a p38 is that you don't use it for base defense unless you come from a back base. Id generally get about 12-15K in the MA to be the most successful. 

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2020, 04:23:11 PM »

The only thing I'd recommend with a p38 is that you don't use it for base defense unless you come from a back base. Id generally get about 12-15K in the MA to be the most successful.

Unless you have been flying them for awhile...............   :aok

If you can get off the ground, they work great for base defense. Folks see that big ol' 38 down there and think "Easy Target"..... then find themselves drinking coffee in the tower.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 04:25:39 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2020, 05:39:33 PM »
Thanks Blinky! I am not too good at actual flight terminology. You will have to bear with me. The way I write about air combat is the way I perceive it when thinking about flying. I always like to share Aces High knowledge about planes to help players become better at the game so they can have more fun and learn how to fight better.

If you want to learn how to E fight better while also being in a plane that can generally maneuver well. Id definitely recommend the P38. Its great for E retention and learning how to be a better E fighter. It can also duel quite better than you might think against most planes. It cannot out maneuver a really good 109 stick, but they nearly almost manuever identically as good and have similar characteristics. The 109 has a slight advantage with equally skilled pilots in a 1v1. The p38 is great for learning E because it prevents you from making quick rolls and decisions that burn E quickly, where you'd do it in a 109. The P38 holds E much better than a 109 and if the p38 has alt on the 109, it's generally game over unless the 109 pilot is very skilled in defense. After flying a p38 for a month, your E skills will greatly improve, plus it will make you feel like you can maneuver much easier when you go back to the 109.

Ok I will definitely try it! I never even thought about it like that, but I have come accross several great 38 sticks that could keep up with my 109 in turns and what not, but usually come out on top unless i mess up early and misjudge their e / climb which happens a lot lol.

Thanks!

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2020, 09:41:43 PM »
One of the best parts of this game is learning the different strengths and weaknesses of the planes. When you fet comfortable with one of them, it's time to move on to another!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2020, 08:38:52 AM »
One of the best parts of this game is learning the different strengths and weaknesses of the planes. When you fet comfortable with one of them, it's time to move on to another!

I have flow most of them some. The 38 is what I came here for and what I have always flown. I don't need a new plane every week.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2020, 08:55:23 AM »

Which another good reason to attend KOTH. We use most of the fighter and attack planes and you get to know their strengths and weaknesses, also gives you a chance to set up those views in them to prevent that being an issue.
Yea I know, there goes fuzeman again with KOTH, I'll shut up now.  :D
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2020, 06:26:54 PM »
Which another good reason to attend KOTH. We use most of the fighter and attack planes and you get to know their strengths and weaknesses, also gives you a chance to set up those views in them to prevent that being an issue.
Yea I know, there goes fuzeman again with KOTH, I'll shut up now.  :D

I often like to fly the plane that gives me the most trouble to fight against. And like you said even if you still don't like the plane it gives you a better understanding on how to defeat them.

Shuffler, I enjoy the p38J. Except its hard to catch people with it! Especially if starting the fight from below!