Author Topic: An important call to all scenario players  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
Re: An important call to all scenario players
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 08:07:56 PM »
OK, but if you want to give it a go, I'll ask another CM to be walkon wrangler for our next scenario.

Or you can register and be guaranteed the spot you signed up for.

Let me know, and it will be done -- I'm happy to have someone else do it instead of me.  :aok

I've assigned probably 100's of walkons over the many years I've been walkon wrangler.  I'm certainly not perfect at it, but not because I'm trying to screw anyone.  I want everyone to play and have fun.

My suggestion is don't let me be a barrier between you and fun.  I'm just one guy.  There are 50 other people involved in scenarios who didn't mess up anything.  They probably want you to fly, too.  :aok

Thank you, but no.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2020, 08:33:56 PM »
The registering suggestion was an awfully good one. You'd think someone who waited around as a walkon and apparently wanted to participate that badly would see it as a godsend.  :salute :cheers: :old:

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2020, 08:58:02 PM »
I can third this.  Its just honest feedback.  I tried walking on as axis a few events back as a walkon, was ignored.  Switched to allied and got hooked up with a p47 spot after basically begging.
Which event was this? Just curious as I have participated in the majority of recent Scenarios and always tried to pick up pilots who are either on Knights (in SEA) or are normally Axis players.

There have been multiple times where you've been AFK for what seems hours while in SEA, though.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 09:02:56 PM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2020, 09:00:26 PM »
The Russian side has more players than the Finns. But yeah, to draw pro-Axis participants there needs to be a trifecta advantage for the German rides.
Sorry, I wish you had a clue.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2020, 09:06:45 PM »
Arlo.

What's better?   Signing up for a scenario and letting the team down because you can't make it... or being willing to participate but due to real life you can not fully commit and therefore feel it is better to leave the spot open for someone who may actually be able to fully commit to all the scheduled days...For me...it is more of an issue if you take a spot and then don't show...

I agree with Lazer ... the big one day event I found much better when I did scenarios ... I have only been a walk on for one and had no issue with getting a place...

I'm not sure how clear it is when you are a walkon and type in the buffer as such...there is so much chatter... your request could easily get missed... how to get around that ...I don't know... adding a walkon channel just seems like one more step too much..

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2020, 09:42:17 PM »
Which event was this? Just curious as I have participated in the majority of recent Scenarios and always tried to pick up pilots who are either on Knights (in SEA) or are normally Axis players.

There have been multiple times where you've been AFK for what seems hours while in SEA, though.

Yeah ill log in early to download a map sometimes, and having a young child can change plans sometimes.

The event I was ignored on axis, and negotiated a seat in allies was a fortress europe event.

The other event, where the asking to be involved in a the overall team objective, after the registered squad fell apart, was Dieppe.  I also showed up an hour late for that, as the listed time was posted as eastern time, and I apparently cant read.   :D

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2020, 11:13:56 PM »
For tft, you can show up whenever you like.  For scenarios, need to show up at Show Up time.

Walkons get assigned to a side by a cm.  Once assigned to a side though, is up to that side's players to get the walkon flying.  It can get hectic for folks to be doing that while they are already playing and flying though.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2020, 11:41:21 PM »
Sorry, I wish you had a clue.

If you feel personally offended, don't. It was a generalization.  :D

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2020, 01:13:53 PM »
If you feel personally offended, don't. It was a generalization.  :D
I'm not. There are very, very few points in the planeset timeline throughout the war where the Axis have an advantage in any regard. I would say past 1942 the Axis don't have any noticeable advantages in fighters or bombers (jets excluded). The Axis side (in both FSO and Scenarios) is pretty much always made up of the same pilots of a few dedicated Axis squads.

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2020, 02:03:56 PM »
I like the 190A more than Spit IX.

Once there are P-51's, though, makes it tough on 190A's.

Once we get into periods of 190D, though, then I like that a lot vs. most anything.  Might be my pick for best scenario fighter.  The 109K is very nice, too.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2020, 02:28:13 PM »
There are very, very few points in the planeset timeline throughout the war where the Axis have an advantage in any regard. I would say past 1942 the Axis don't have any noticeable advantages in fighters or bombers (jets excluded). The Axis side (in both FSO and Scenarios) is pretty much always made up of the same pilots of a few dedicated Axis squads.

Here's to your perception and dedication.  :cheers:

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2020, 10:45:50 PM »
Yeah ill log in early to download a map sometimes, and having a young child can change plans sometimes.

The event I was ignored on axis, and negotiated a seat in allies was a fortress europe event.

The other event, where the asking to be involved in a the overall team objective, after the registered squad fell apart, was Dieppe.  I also showed up an hour late for that, as the listed time was posted as eastern time, and I apparently cant read.   :D

Hey Lazer, I apologize for the confusion in the Dieppe scenario. It was my first time as CO and had planned my comms around having all the squad leads on discord. I missed that the Spit V squad had even been formed, I should have been on top of it. I brought you guys on my vox channel once I realized what was going on. It wasn't intentional leaving your squad out of the loop, just poor organization on my part. I hope my screw up didn't sour you on scenarios.  :salute
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2020, 04:41:12 AM »
It didn't help that both Dan and myself had family that had to be taken to the hospital either. I was there for about 30 minutes before I got the call.

I got there early and was the only spit V pilot on. The scenario had not started yet.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2020, 02:57:38 PM »
Hey Lazer, I apologize for the confusion in the Dieppe scenario. It was my first time as CO and had planned my comms around having all the squad leads on discord. I missed that the Spit V squad had even been formed, I should have been on top of it. I brought you guys on my vox channel once I realized what was going on. It wasn't intentional leaving your squad out of the loop, just poor organization on my part. I hope my screw up didn't sour you on scenarios.  :salute

I guess my comments werent more for what a player sees when they go into there.  You dont need to apologize, i had a blast and appreciate all of the hard work you scenario guys do.  Like shuff said it probably didnt help our squad imploded.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2020, 09:00:37 PM »
Maybe the plane set is not the problem.

Maybe the problem is more fundamental.

Like what?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane