Author Topic: An important call to all scenario players  (Read 910 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
An important call to all scenario players
« on: September 24, 2020, 03:53:28 PM »
If you -- scenario players in general -- want scenarios to continue, we need your help filling them.

If you don't help recruit, and figure others will do it instead, we aren't going to have enough players to run scenarios.

Most players do not read the message board.

The only way we reach new players is by player-to-player communication in the melee arena.

My network of connections is about 30 people, of which about half play in any given scenario.  But that's not enough to fill a whole scenario.

The October scenario is one week away from running.  It has 9 players registered for axis and 18 for allies.

Can the scenario player base add to that?  That's what we very much need.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: An important call to all scenario players
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 04:42:17 PM »
I wonder if we could talk HT into approving a number of incentive prizes to be awarded in this event. Nothing extravagant or expensive. Just perk points.

Example:

Highest scoring Allied fighter pilot: 500 fighter perk points
Highest scoring Axis fighter pilot: 500 fighter perk points
Highest scoring Allied bomber pilot: 500 bomber perk points
Highest scoring Axis bomber pilot: 500 bomber perk points

Granted, these awards might be won by pilots that have accrued tons of PP already and maybe that may not be the incentive we need.

A free month of AH each? That shouldn't be too much of a dent. A free month of AH should tempt a few to try their hand at being event top guns (or top bombs).

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 07:57:15 AM »
I wonder if we could talk HT into approving a number of incentive prizes to be awarded in this event. Nothing extravagant or expensive. Just perk points.
<SNIP>

You may run into the same thing I did in KOTH with prizes. People got the wrong impression that they wouldn’t have a chance to win any as they assumed the top players would get them and they had no chance. That impression would be completely wrong but it’s the one they got at least from the feedback the KOTH prize got.
I think it can’t hurt but KOTH and scenarios are apples and oranges.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 08:36:32 AM »
I noticed the Message of the Day in the Melee Arena now talks about the scenario and asks people to sign up, providing a link to the AH Events website.

I think this is a good idea, and a great way to reach players who don't follow this BB.   However, when following the link, all the webpages open up inside the small space of the clipboard, which is difficult to read.   Also, you need to be registered at AH events in order to use the webpage to sign up for the scenario, which could be another stumbling block for players.

I think its clearly a step in the right direction, though.  I want it to work.  Just pointing out the possible problems.

I didn't register this time because I couldn't reasonably expect to be present for 3 of the 4 sessions.  That requirement may also be reducing the number of registrants.   I plan to walk-on as my schedule permits though.