Author Topic: the debate  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: the debate
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2020, 09:54:37 AM »
The debate last night was sad for the country.

It is concerning either one of them is going to run the country for the next 4 years.

Afraid the US peaked some time ago and we as a nation are in the downhill slide..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2020, 10:06:20 AM »
PBS News and NPR are very objective and unbiased.

Also, how can someone who is slightly left of center love the lifestyle of living in an authoritarian regime? "Leaning Left" does not mean communist just like  "Leaning Right" does not mean Fascist, ya dig?

PBS no, very liberal.... the other I have no idea.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2020, 10:09:29 AM »
 :bhead
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2020, 10:13:44 AM »
PBS no, very liberal.... the other I have no idea.

This is simply not true. I am not sure how one can actually test the bias of something if one is also biased (so keep that in mind during this discussion). I will give you a link that contains a study which included random citizens to take a survey. To be included, they had to be familiar and regular watchers of various news outlets.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-biased-news-outlets-in-america-cnn-fox-nytimes-2018-8#here-are-the-net-bias-scores-of-news-organizations-from-pbs-news-to-fox-news-18

The study may be bogus, but I have watched PBS News quite a bit recently and it is very objective. The news is delivered fairly, without bias, and without commentary from either political side. We all know that CNN, MSNBC, and Fox are the worst outlets for news as it is not actually news but propaganda deliveries. So, if those are your basis, that is pretty accurate so long as they reside on the far end of the bias spectrum.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2020, 10:20:16 AM »

Chuikov

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2020, 10:26:57 AM »
Big small business guy here, both suck. However based on tax plans I have no choice but to keep it going the way it is. The economy under Donald is fantastic.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2020, 10:45:35 AM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2020, 12:01:40 PM »
This is simply not true. I am not sure how one can actually test the bias of something if one is also biased (so keep that in mind during this discussion). I will give you a link that contains a study which included random citizens to take a survey. To be included, they had to be familiar and regular watchers of various news outlets.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-biased-news-outlets-in-america-cnn-fox-nytimes-2018-8#here-are-the-net-bias-scores-of-news-organizations-from-pbs-news-to-fox-news-18

The study may be bogus, but I have watched PBS News quite a bit recently and it is very objective. The news is delivered fairly, without bias, and without commentary from either political side. We all know that CNN, MSNBC, and Fox are the worst outlets for news as it is not actually news but propaganda deliveries. So, if those are your basis, that is pretty accurate so long as they reside on the far end of the bias spectrum.

PBS is very liberal
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2020, 12:17:48 PM »
Name one. There are no true NEWS sources anymore.

Use the link I posted. Here it is again:  The Media Bias Chart: https://www.adfontesmedia.com/static-mbc

Also, and more accurately, I wrote this article on how to find the truth in media (as bias is to be expected to a degree):

https://oracledba.help/index.php/Articles/FindingTheTruth

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 12:27:38 PM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2020, 12:24:21 PM »
I am from a time when the News was reported without spin.  Cronkite, Huntley- Brinkley and Edward R. Murrow.  The networks at that time weren't being paid to influence politics etc. They determined that the American people were intelligent enough to make up their minds without spin or propaganda.  If you think about the process we don't choose who runs for President.  The keyword is RUNS.  The final candidate is determined by how much money and now how much propaganda can be pedaled.  Reporting the news is different now especially cable news.  Their credo is "We'll say/spin anything you want for the money."  Doesn't have to be the truth at all.  The problem is now with social media being prevalent anything can be said without proof and can be slanted in any direction.  Common sense is not prevalent in today's society.  The search for truth is not used and is right in front of everyone's' face.  If someone states something positive for the side they like they believe it, it should be is this the truth? Cable News is useless.  Even major networks and predominant news journals can be bought.  Hey!  It's more dollars!  They've become entertainment now instead of fact.  With all the trials that went on, the impeachment etc.that the public was able to witness apparently it didn't help to inform.  It was ignored and shouted down.  Pres. Trump was charged with obstructing justice while the other candidate, after having her records subpoenaed were destroyed or deleted.  Why wasn't she charged with obstructing justice?  When you ask yourself why did she destroy and delete media such as hard drives and cell phones?  The only answer there was something that could incriminate her. Why wasn't she charged with obstructing justice?

We have no presidential candidates that WE picked. Who determines who is to represent their party?

They are selected by those with money and power that have something to gain by the candidate they back.  Since the candidate, whoever they may be, if elected is behooving to those who financed his campaign.  Wake UP!   Yes they have voting in states to select a candidate but against money and power that is useless.  This is what our elections have degenerated into.  Heck even Sanders was paid off to stay out.  The people have lost control of who gets to run.  Are you going to tell me that these two now running are the best to serve?  Biden 30 t0 35 years ago would be a viable option.  Not now.  We're the victims lack of common sense and the search for the truth, of social media, cable News Networks, even major networks and major daily news journals..  Don't be a victim.  It's all about money and power, not serving the people of the united states.  And this includes all political elections now unfortunately.  It's our fault.  What Thomas Jefferson said 200 years ago is true.  That's chiefly why we have the second amendment.

We leave these people in office for 20 to 30 years, some more so and they can't help to be corrupt.  Who wants to leave the gravy train?  Term limits would be an excellent start imho.  The Senate and House would have to vote on a measure to limit the amount of time they serve.  You think they would pass that?   :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 12:31:45 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2020, 12:24:32 PM »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2020, 12:52:36 PM »
*Exercising restraint*  :old:

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2020, 01:02:16 PM »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2020, 01:07:40 PM »
When Citizens United blew McCain Feingold out of the water the handwriting was on the wall. Its only going to continue to get worse until Citizens United is done away with.
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »
Big small business guy here, both suck. However based on tax plans I have no choice but to keep it going the way it is. The economy under Donald is fantastic.
So you're basically saying you'll let the country burn and sell your soul to Satan if he makes sure you get your money. BRILLIANT!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"