Author Topic: Is a player allowed to have 3 accounts?  (Read 3632 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Is a player allowed to have 3 accounts?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2020, 04:55:46 PM »
A 'point' is pointless if it's based on mere conjecture.

Doesnt look like "conjecture" as it looks like Drane has quit because he believes someone using multiple accounts to his advantage.

Yeah I'd like to see how long you'd last against 3 sets of B17s flying formation. Not very long.

So in a 1 player against 1 player scenario, the guy with 3 accounts has big advantage.

With a little imagination and a corner desk, you could easily set up 3 screens with joystick/mouse/keyboard right next to each other to jump back and forth.

I thought this game was all about giving players equal opportunities in the game sandbox. I can't afford or justify the cost of 2 or 3 accounts and equipment to gain advantage. So, you all enjoy playing against these multi-account players with a distinct advantage against a single account player. I'm done with this game.

Now while Hitech said this.....

You may have more the 1 account.

You can not use the accounts to gain an unfair advantage.

HiTech

He should define what an "unfair advantage" is. To Drane it seems that the ability to carpet bomb a strat or town as a single player (with 9 planes, 108 500 lbs bombs) IS an unfair advantage, and may have cost HTC another customer

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2020, 05:01:28 PM »
The conjecture part is imagining the harm. It's kinda like the spying whines that eventually lead to the 12 hour side change wait limit. Some people imagine the worst then convince themselves of it .... then even quit.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2020, 05:12:01 PM »
Its not hard to imagine what 108 500 lbers can do on a single pass.  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2020, 05:38:47 PM »

Until you can convince me (make that prove) that three bomber formations can be slaved to make simultaneous bomber drops with accuracy on a single pass then, again, conjecture.

con·jec·ture

an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

Some people want to find more fault then is really there.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2020, 08:56:11 PM »
Until you can convince me (make that prove) that three bomber formations can be slaved to make simultaneous bomber drops with accuracy on a single pass then, again, conjecture.

con·jec·ture

an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

Some people want to find more fault then is really there.

Are you that slow that you cant figure out how to do this?

Heres my desk....

While I dont have 3 accounts how hard would it be to have 3 twisty sticks on that desk?

AH has a command to lock teammates together in formations so they can bomb together. The game also has salvo and delay dot commands. How tough do you think it would be to drive one formation of buffs to target slaving the other two to your movements. Calibrate only the lead buff and set salvos and delays for each group and when the lead is on target click one button on each stick to drop 108 bombs on a single pass?

It isnt conjecture, it is an easily learnable skill that could be repeated over and over.

The point here is, is it an unfair advantage? Or does paying an extra $30 a month and having a couple marginal (dont need a super computer to run buffs) laptops and some cheapy twisty sticks negate any advantage as "you get what you paid for"?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2020, 09:03:04 PM »
You have 3+ arms? Again, too much worry over nothing.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2020, 02:19:29 AM »
AH has a command to lock teammates together in formations so they can bomb together. The game also has salvo and delay dot commands. How tough do you think it would be to drive one formation of buffs to target slaving the other two to your movements. Calibrate only the lead buff and set salvos and delays for each group and when the lead is on target click one button on each stick to drop 108 bombs on a single pass?

I know about the command to lock teammates in formations and it works reasonably well with bombers. We've done that a few times. However, if memory serves me right the bombs don't drop by the command of the leader, the bomb button has to be pushed separately for each formation. It's doable but not too easy. Hitting a button on three separate joysticks within one second without nudging any of the sticks is a skill per se.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2020, 07:15:01 AM »
I know about the command to lock teammates in formations and it works reasonably well with bombers. We've done that a few times. However, if memory serves me right the bombs don't drop by the command of the leader, the bomb button has to be pushed separately for each formation. It's doable but not too easy. Hitting a button on three separate joysticks within one second without nudging any of the sticks is a skill per se.

Toon's accounts have different players running them (I've seen them spread out in a large bomb run with one as a fighter). Witnessing their mere existence and quitting the game over it is an overreaction of truly ignorant magnitude. Somebody needs to shake some sense into people before they step off the edge instead of watching it happen and posting on the forum that it happened and rationalizing it as to be expected.  :old:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 07:46:30 AM by Arlo »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2020, 08:08:37 AM »
Tunes has multiple accounts and has been doing this a while

And why block out names on the screenshot?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2020, 08:55:17 AM »
Tunes is a good guy in my books. I recall him having taken care of the whole enemy bomber fleet in a scenario!
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 10:22:49 AM »

You seem to miss the point. Flying 3 formations is not any different then 3 people fling together and doing the exact same thing.

HiTech

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 10:51:43 AM »
You seem to miss the point. Flying 3 formations is not any different then 3 people fling together and doing the exact same thing.

HiTech

Would probably be harder for one guy to do vs three players working in conjunction.
I can barely keep my own bombers together.  lol

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 12:59:23 PM »

HiTech
Actually it is: 3 people flying 3 formations also means 3 gunners to shoot the defenders down. How fair is that? 3 bomber pilots hoarding the poor fighter pilot! How unfair!

Kotisivuni

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 02:27:01 PM »
A 'point' is pointless if it's based on mere conjecture.

I am basing my conjecture on the nature of some people... not all can afford
multiple accounts
 :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 02:30:41 PM »
Actually it is: 3 people flying 3 formations also means 3 gunners to shoot the defenders down. How fair is that? 3 bomber pilots hoarding the poor fighter pilot! How unfair!

Be glad a buff isn't a death star as in Air Warrior  :rofl
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll