Author Topic: Aces High with Pimax 8kX  (Read 492 times)

Offline finnster

• Zinc Member
Aces High with Pimax 8kX
« on: October 01, 2020, 11:43:29 PM »
My pimax 8kx arrived the other day, and I've been working on setup with it for several hours. I have Aces High working pretty well. The game looks about as good as it does on my 24 inch monitor (although  my Pimax can work at a much higher resolution) and the wide field of view is .. incredible. I can check right back and left back just by turning my head as I would in real life! On the oculus, it was impossible due to the FOV limit of less than 90 degrees. The Pimax is set for 200 degrees diagonally and 170 horizontally. Wow!
I can't wait to see how some other sims work when I get a new graphics card. my Nvidia 1080 is well below the recommended spec for the headset.  I'm just waiting to see what the new "Big Navi" cards compare in performance and price. The upside would be equivalent performance to the 3080, with more ram and no need to buy a bigger powersupply.
When I figure out how to do full screen videos- or even reasonably sized window videos, I'll post some samples.
Cheers

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: Aces High with Pimax 8kX
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 12:21:44 AM »
Hows the head tracking?

Offline finnster

• Zinc Member
Re: Aces High with Pimax 8kX
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 11:17:42 AM »
The head tracking is just fine- I use two Index base stations about 4 meters apart.