Author Topic: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore  (Read 11949 times)

Offline Dragdad

• Zinc Member
Well guys, 19 years and Im done. A lot of decent folks in here, and I appreciate them. TO my squaddies and fellow wingmen / tankers, friendly enemies, and favorite adversaries, thanks for the friendships. Squanto has my contact info, if anyone wants to say hey or check in.

The game has deteriorated painfully to Bish hordes rolling maps in a few hours, while loyal Knights and Rooks get trounced with 1/3 of the numbers. It appears HT has turned a deaf ear or just ignores what's going on, and seriously, I'm not going to give someone my money anymore when they run it that way.

I see a reason for the demise, and I am speaking up like others have in the past. HT owns it, and he's apparently cool with it. If it changes for the better, I will come back, but it's just too danged frustrating right now. I have WAY better stuff to concentrate on.

Thanks for the fun times. I hope HT wakes up and it gets better.

I have a trash email I check weekly or so, if anyone cares to check in. bigdaddyhouseboater@gmail.com

feel free to say hi.

Salute, my friends.

DD

I was abandoned as a child and raised by feral weener dogs. To this day, I can't bring myself to eat a ballpark frank.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 01:27:46 PM »
late at night, we nights have the numbers and roll maps in a few hours. we own the night, bishops own the morning. maybe rooks are in need of time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 01:32:50 PM »
Well guys, 19 years and Im done. A lot of decent folks in here, and I appreciate them. TO my squaddies and fellow wingmen / tankers, friendly enemies, and favorite adversaries, thanks for the friendships. Squanto has my contact info, if anyone wants to say hey or check in.

The game has deteriorated painfully to Bish hordes rolling maps in a few hours, while loyal Knights and Rooks get trounced with 1/3 of the numbers. It appears HT has turned a deaf ear or just ignores what's going on, and seriously, I'm not going to give someone my money anymore when they run it that way.

I see a reason for the demise, and I am speaking up like others have in the past. HT owns it, and he's apparently cool with it. If it changes for the better, I will come back, but it's just too danged frustrating right now. I have WAY better stuff to concentrate on.

Thanks for the fun times. I hope HT wakes up and it gets better.

I have a trash email I check weekly or so, if anyone cares to check in. bigdaddyhouseboater@gmail.com

feel free to say hi.

Salute, my friends.

DD

Sorry to see you go. Best to just fight the horde the best you can and don't worry about score or anything. Come in high with a Temp or 262 and buzz everyone. Theres only so much you can do. In war there are winners and losers and typically it takes the team who puts the other sides troops down first to be able to take over the land. Thats just how it works and its never fair.

I know it can be frustrating sometimes. I log in and see the knights getting double teamed and there is nothing the knights side can do. One player cannot kill everyone and if your team is spread out. You have less fighters on each side so they cannot beat both hordes. If your team is fighting one horde then the other side has easy base takes. Its a tough spot. Eventually the other sides will have to fight each other, but that could be hours away when you aren't playing.

My solution to this problem is zones on the map that provide more points. So as one side loses bases, the other sides have zones that are worth more points. This might encourage the other teams to fight each other in those zones which would also create bigger fights because players would know where the importance of the fight is. Sometimes you log on, and there is no strategy or anyone playing for strategy so you don't know where to go. Zones would really help this situation.

This is the best solution in my opinion because it doesn't force players to do anything.

I know it involved coding and all, so I'm not sure how difficult it would be, though I think it would help a lot to stop double teaming hordes and to build bigger fights in areas for people to have fun.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 03:14:42 PM »
Base capture? Whats that?

This is an a2a combat sim to me

Wonder what would happen if it was only limited to that once again.

Best of luck DD

Let us know if you find a better ww2 on line sim out there

I have not

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 03:21:21 PM »

That would be a mistake. It's a hugely radical change involving the 'addition by subtraction' philosophy. HT would lose many more players than DragDad that way (and DragDad may catch a second wind/have a second thought and rejoin us).

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 03:38:22 PM »
You want Hitech to force people to play the way you want them to play. That's not how this game works.  We get this great big wonderful playground, and we get together and decide how to fight the war. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 04:30:20 PM »

Best of luck DD

Let us know if you find a better ww2 on line sim out there

I have not

<S>

Eagler

You get this.... Check it out!

Belittling players because they dont want to play the game your way..... "Base capture? Whats that? This is an a2a combat sim to me"
isnt a good way to keep players.

Change the GV format too much and the majority of the tankers left. Its very rare to see a good GV battle any more. TT was last night and someone posted it was one of the better nights, when I looked in at 830 est they had 11 players.

You want Hitech to force people to play the way you want them to play. That's not how this game works.  We get this great big wonderful playground, and we get together and decide how to fight the war. 

Unfortunately the majority want to horde and roll bases. It leaves a lot to be desired to those players that are looking for strategy missions and co-ordinated ops. Even the fighter guys are getting disheartened due to only seeming to have pickers and runners to go against.

At this time it looks like Hitech doesnt care how the game plays. As you said he gave us "this great big wonderful playground" and left us on our own. Unfortunatley the hordes seem to have the pull these days.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 04:49:14 PM »
Well this sucks! I've been staying rook to try and add to the guys trying to slow the horde, maybe think about it and fight against it?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 04:50:14 PM »
Well this sucks! I've been staying rook to try and add to the guys trying to slow the horde, maybe think about it and fight against it?

:aok :salute :cheers:

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 05:21:21 PM »
Country #'s reach parity in late afternoon, eastern time. Rooks and Knights usually have a slight edge over Bish. For whatever reason, Bish #'s are high mornings, EST

Ever consider switching chess pieces?

<S>

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 06:21:30 PM »

Once again?
Base capture has been in this game since the very beginnings. Tanks since Tour #3.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 06:53:00 PM »
Dragdad, sure hate to see you go. Your one of those I love going up against in my tank. You are ALWAYS a challenge. Wish you the best and hope to see you back someday.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2020, 08:23:15 PM »
Sorry to see you go Dragdad  Loved seeing you in Tank Wars! Please take care and be safe. If/when you come back, please stop in!!  :salute
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2020, 12:16:45 AM »
I'm sorry to see you go Dragdad, hopefully things will turn around and we will see you again in MNM again someday.  :salute

<S>FBTrev95
FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2020, 02:11:40 AM »
Dragdad,

I hope you reconsider after you take a break... BTW .... We could use you in the 8 hour scenario on October 17th.   Would love to see you back when you are ready.

Cheers,   One-eye
"One-Eye"