Author Topic: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore  (Read 11952 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2020, 05:55:25 PM »
You might want to find someone else to rant at as Eagler is one that is good for the game.

If someone is unable to improve their play to where they are happy in the game, then maybe this one is not for them.  Many folks today depend on buying theirselfs better. Not actually making themselves better.  Not that the OP is one... but that is another issue we face today. Something in gaming we had a word for back in the day is acceptable today and companies make lots of money off those types.

Traveler has a point, you too sometimes belittle players who play the game differently than you.

Eagler, and you like the A2A aspect of the game, others like Mothman, DR7 and Mano like the GV aspect. Some like squad operations and wingman tactics like Traveler and his "Lightning" bunch. The point is with the number we have alienating any of these players isnt good for the game. What Eagler said is bad for the game. Belittling other players because they dont play the game the way you do is not good for the game.

The game was designed to be played many ways. DR7 isnt a stella fighter pilot but he is one of the best GVers Just because he doesnt get better at the fighter aspect of the game doesnt mean he isnt right for this game. Far too often a players comments, complaints, or suggestions are pounced on by a bunch of the BBS "yahoos" and that isnt good for the game. Its just as bad as bullying a player in the game. We should be looking to KEEP as many players as possible, not chase them away with comments like " Base capture? Whats that? "

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2020, 06:11:51 PM »

Far too often a players comments, complaints, or suggestions are pounced on by a bunch of the BBS "yahoos" and that isnt good for the game.

That will never change
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2020, 12:27:10 AM »
Traveler has a point, you too sometimes belittle players who play the game differently than you.

Eagler, and you like the A2A aspect of the game, others like Mothman, DR7 and Mano like the GV aspect. Some like squad operations and wingman tactics like Traveler and his "Lightning" bunch. The point is with the number we have alienating any of these players isnt good for the game. What Eagler said is bad for the game. Belittling other players because they dont play the game the way you do is not good for the game.

The game was designed to be played many ways. DR7 isnt a stella fighter pilot but he is one of the best GVers Just because he doesnt get better at the fighter aspect of the game doesnt mean he isnt right for this game. Far too often a players comments, complaints, or suggestions are pounced on by a bunch of the BBS "yahoos" and that isnt good for the game. Its just as bad as bullying a player in the game. We should be looking to KEEP as many players as possible, not chase them away with comments like " Base capture? Whats that? "

Well I can tell you I supported this game for over a year when I could not even play. My home was flooded and I was in my RV in the drive for over a year while it was being rebuilt. I don't take kindly to the ones who rant and rave and really have nothing to complain about. Maybe they need to lose their home,  a leg, or a family member, to put things in perspective.

This is a game. Enjoy it while you can and quit trying to run the company. If yall think you are so good at running a game company.... yall should all start one.

The game is not the problem, it is the players.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2020, 12:40:54 AM »
Well I can tell you I supported this game for over a year when I could not even play. My home was flooded and I was in my RV in the drive for over a year while it was being rebuilt. I don't take kindly to the ones who rant and rave and really have nothing to complain about. Maybe they need to lose their home,  a leg, or a family member, to put things in perspective.

This is a game. Enjoy it while you can and quit trying to run the company. If yall think you are so good at running a game company.... yall should all start one.

100 percent agree with the bolded.

Just because you have had issues in your life and continued to support the game doesnt give you the right to belittle other players, nothing does. You have no idea what other players have had to deal with.

Players can complain and suggest as they will. If you dont agree that is your prerogative, however it doesnt give the right to belittle their point of view.

That will never change

Unfortunately that is true. It is too bad that players, old or new cant voice an opinion WITHOUT the BBS yahoos dog piling them.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2020, 12:44:53 AM »
100 percent agree with the bolded.

Just because you have had issues in your life and continued to support the game doesnt give you the right to belittle other players, nothing does. You have no idea what other players have had to deal with.

Players can complain and suggest as they will. If you dont agree that is your prerogative, however it doesnt give the right to belittle their point of view.

Unfortunately that is true. It is too bad that players, old or new cant voice an opinion WITHOUT the BBS yahoos dog piling them.

But it's their prerogative......
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2020, 06:23:31 AM »
Hey fugitive who is belittling who now?

This bbs yahoo has never told anyone else how to play this game.

As I am not a tanker I do not find it anywhere near as enjoyable as fighters.

The game is titled as an air to air sim and that is how it started

Excuse me if I think it was better then than now with the base capture whining

Seems to me those that cant fly in this flying game crawl around on the ground and hide in trees and whine when they cant see each other.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2020, 07:17:16 AM »

Seems to me those that cant fly in this flying game crawl around on the ground and hide in trees and whine when they cant see each other.

Eagler

That is not always the case. The LTAR's learned how to fly. Just the other day in a ol school mission dr7 landed 11 kills in a P-47. A lot of players play both aspects of this game myself included.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2020, 07:37:03 AM »
Exceptions to the rule to support and validate your point (on both sides of this discussion) can and are often easily found, but don't pretend they are the norm.
It's disingenuous, and is harmful to any follow on posts you make.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2020, 09:18:55 AM »

:aok :cheers:

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2020, 09:24:55 AM »
You might want to find someone else to rant at as Eagler is one that is good for the game.

If someone is unable to improve their play to where they are happy in the game, then maybe this one is not for them.  Many folks today depend on buying theirselfs better. Not actually making themselves better.  Not that the OP is one... but that is another issue we face today. Something in gaming we had a word for back in the day is acceptable today and companies make lots of money off those types.
Not a rant, just an observation and one stated opinion.  But please do explain how one buys theirself better, in a game with a fixed price that includes everything?

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2020, 10:06:44 AM »
Hey fugitive who is belittling who now?
Wasnt belittling anyone, just pointing out we should be working to KEEP players instead of telling them that if they cant handle it here, to move on.

This bbs yahoo has never told anyone else how to play this game.
LOL!!! you just did! By telling them that the base capture way of play isnt what they should be playing.

As I am not a tanker I do not find it anywhere near as enjoyable as fighters.
and that is you. Other people play the game other ways and seeing as how HTC ADDED these features to the game Im guessing its ok to to play the base capture, or GV game if a person wants.

The game is titled as an air to air sim and that is how it started
  Yes and the web page is very much out of date and needs a major overhaul. If your so sure that A2A is the way to go as a stand alone game feature you could try WWI arena, the AvsA arena, or War Online Pacific. I know they dont seem to carry the numbers the main arena does but dont let that discourage you, its a popular type of game play.

Excuse me if I think it was better then than now with the base capture whining
  Yes it was better "then" because we had over 600 players on each night.

Eagler
  Why are you worried about them crawling around on the ground and hiding in the trees, You an A2A guy, go find a fight.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2020, 11:41:07 PM »
Not a rant, just an observation and one stated opinion.  But please do explain how one buys theirself better, in a game with a fixed price that includes everything?

:aok

Reference to other games, not this one. I probably could have been a little more clear on that point.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2020, 07:18:02 AM »
:aok

Reference to other games, not this one. I probably could have been a little more clear on that point.

And it's not like this forum hasn't had any selfish requests to buy perks or buy ENY immunity.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2020, 10:51:35 AM »
And it's not like this forum hasn't had any selfish requests to buy perks or buy ENY immunity.

On that note, I would love to be able to tag new players so that we could donate perks to allow them to try perked planes and get a taste of those in the MA.

I would like to do that. No idea if it would help the game or not. I sure can't use all of them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2020, 11:20:37 AM »
So people buying stuff to make them "better", like perks, is bad.  But you giving perks to them is good?  I'm not saying I am for or against either, just trying to understand.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane