Author Topic: Random rolling  (Read 588 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Random rolling
« on: October 10, 2020, 09:29:39 AM »
While playing and holding steady, any aircraft will randomly roll despite that not being the command. Is this a hardware issue or soft ware?

It can be frustrating and it’s random when it does it
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Random rolling
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 10:42:42 AM »
Engine Prop Torque. Try using auto-level.. however, if it is popping out of auto level it is your controllers that are at issue
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:54:38 AM »
Define holding steady. Auto pilot level? Manually trimmed but no auto-pilot? Combat trim no auto pilot?

Film would help illustrate the issue.

Any difference in AOA between the wings would create unequal lift and roll the aircraft.

I assume you aren't referring to the propeller rotating the aircraft since it's a random unexpected occurrence.

An aircraft's weight and momentum are only supported by air pressure, this affects stability. It's part of the flight model in AH.

If you have a hardware issue like the stick spiking on the roll axis you could see that in the clipboard controller setup advanced page.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 12:47:29 PM »
To best describe it it only happens 98% of the when I’m in manual control utilizing stock setting ie not messing with trim or combat trim. And it’s only rolling right.

Not that I think about it I wonder if a driver might need updated or something

It’s not the torque at all it’s like I just used a littl rudder and started rolling left.

I forgot where the spiking is. I was thinking about that today and didn’t have the time to invest investigate. I’ll have to look in to that. I think the issue is Deff my controllers at this point tho.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 01:04:08 PM »
Re calibrate your stick/rudder/etc?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
Bring up your clipboard go to Controls/Map Controllers/Advanced.
Now check each axis to see what is spiking

Coogan
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 01:13:06 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 10:53:50 PM »
Try a P-38 and see if it still does it
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 06:14:39 PM »
I adjusted some of the setting and it does it less. But there is deff something up with the joystick.y axis numbers are constantly changing like you were applying input. And a odd thing I discovered that depending on how I use it, my throttle gets changed. I’ll have to check drivers when I can and calibrate with Microsoft and ah again
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 06:24:01 PM »
check through all your stick settings... I had a issue on saturday where my plane would turn combat trim off... I found the key it was mapped to...(Never mapped it before) I also found that I had trim set to buttons on my contrllers...again never mapped myself before...In fact never ever manually trimmed in game...oh maybe once 9 or 10 years ago iplayed with it but...too many buttons to remember ....

I also noticed that I have a lot of simultaneous inputs happening...even when doing nothing except looking through the controllers....set them all to none...

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 06:36:56 PM »
I adjusted some of the setting and it does it less. But there is deff something up with the joystick.y axis numbers are constantly changing like you were applying input. And a odd thing I discovered that depending on how I use it, my throttle gets changed. I’ll have to check drivers when I can and calibrate with Microsoft and ah again

Try adding deadband and damping to the Y axis since it's spiking.

If you take the stick apart you can try spraying the potentiometer with contact cleaner to reduce the spiking.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 08:53:23 PM »

Try adding deadband and damping to the Y axis since it's spiking.

If you take the stick apart you can try spraying the potentiometer with contact cleaner to reduce the spiking.
I can try this even tho I have no idea what you just said lol

The dead band helped helped a lot but I I’ll try dampening.

Theres deff something funky with my stick cuz I noticed today when I went to roll and pulled back my wep turned off and I noticed my throttle had a small hiccup moment. Idk if it’s cuz the stick sat in a box and may have had something fall on it but this is annoying.

It doesn’t help I’ll get random don’t move your controls to fast in the middle of a fight.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 07:10:30 AM »
Try a power USB hub to make sure the devices are getting enough voltage

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »
That’s something I can try. When my kid gets picked I plan on looking inside the joystick and cleaning out and rearranging my hubs.
I’ll keep you all updated
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle