Author Topic: On-line Arenas not loading  (Read 554 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
On-line Arenas not loading
« on: October 11, 2020, 03:23:11 PM »
Went to play today and the on-line Arenas won't load. Off-line practice and other menus are working.

When I select "On-line Arenas" the main menu clears of any text, and just hangs up. I have to close the program using the task manager.

Not sure if there was a windows update since the last time it worked. I tried turning of the firewall in case it was an issue with that, but that did not fix the issue.

Sudgestions?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: On-line Arenas not loading
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 06:46:51 PM »
Rebooted the PC a couple of times and that fixed it.

Who is John Galt?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 07:03:12 PM »
With Win 10 rebooting the PC is the first thing I try when something is suddenly screwy.   :aok

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 01:14:18 PM »
What happens if you log out and then log in from the main menu?
HiTech

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 02:37:40 PM »
What happens if you log out and then log in from the main menu?
HiTech

When the game locked up, I couldn't log out. Just froze every time. Didn't get a timed-out message, or a "couldn't reach server" message either. I had to activate the task manager and close the program that way.  Windows did an update and I suspect something didn't load correctly. Twice I tried to "re-start" instead of shutting down, and it windows got stuck with that restart swirling circle and never actually restarted. One time I left it for hours. Finally hard booted the PC. After it came back up, I used the "shutdown" and it didn't shutdown. So I hard booted it, and re-started it, then used the shutdown and it that worked. Then on restart, everything everything seemed to work normally and has since. 

Who is John Galt?