Author Topic: Vehicle Spawn camping/Spawn routine. Poll  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Vehicle Spawn camping/Spawn routine. Poll
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 12:10:51 PM »
There's an FPS game out there that features invulnerability/invisibility when you spawn/respawn for a certain distance around the spawn point. You can't be seen or damaged until you leave the circle of safety. Nor can you damage others.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 12:19:03 PM »
There's an FPS game out there that features invulnerability/invisibility when you spawn/respawn for a certain distance around the spawn point. You can't be seen or damaged until you leave the circle of safety. Nor can you damage others.

I actually like that idea. Spawn camping is gamey, but its part of the game that people can take advantage of.

Another reason why I hate playing in tanks.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 12:25:45 PM »

I'd suggest you also couldn't see enemies while you're in the safety zone.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 01:09:02 PM »

If it's the same one I've played enemies in the spawn zone are visible and can be killed, but you yourself become visible soon as you fire a weapon. It's been a really long time and don't remember if enemies out side if are visible.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 04:40:34 PM »
Spawning into a spawn camp is a questionable tactic.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 08:35:30 PM »
I'll go thru 20 panzers to get one t34 that has made my must die list ... It's very satisfying but then again but then again I play for fun not score or to try to get girls.. I'm a married man ya know
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 08:45:00 PM »
GV'ers love to camp. But if it is camped and you are upping......you do have the choice to up or not  :D   You can ask some of your buddies to help you break up the camp and all spawn at once.

:salute

btw......that mean ol' scotty used to always figure out where my M-8 was hiding when he was a Bish   LOL
your m8 was very deadly my friend friend miss ya man
"scott66"        

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2020, 10:04:26 AM »
Spawning into a spawn camp is a questionable tactic.

Interesting thought. Because if the idea of camping is to thwart all incoming GV attacks, then that's an awful lot of power in the hands of one tanker.  If that's the theory, then let's get rid of all base guns, and Whirbles at airfields too so one plane can vulch and cap a base. After all taking off at a capped airfield is a questionable tactic.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2020, 10:06:29 AM »
I'll go thru 20 panzers to get one t34 that has made my must die list ... It's very satisfying but then again but then again I play for fun not score or to try to get girls.. I'm a married man ya know

I've done that too. Just keep upping till runs out of ammo. But invariably, his buddy arrives.  :rofl

It seems like a modification that would give the spawners a bit more of a chance might improve the frustration levels.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2020, 11:13:35 AM »
Bring back old GV icon system.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2020, 02:13:22 PM »
Any of yall that have friends.... call in air cover.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2020, 06:57:41 PM »
Spawn camping is way different than it used to be. It’s much more difficult than it was; I believe that drove many of GV’rs away, like Flk4 and many others I can’t remember...

They loved a good spawn camp and many who could care less about score enjoyed trying to break it.

Vehicle hangar camping is not the same thing & I don’t know why it’s being mentioned as having much to do with the other :headscratch:

However, to answer the question, no I don’t, but not for reasons about camping.
-often spawned in middle of dense vegetation can hardly get the GV rolling
-some maps, the spawns give you no choice but go way around a base to get to town
-some spawns are way too far away from anything to be useful, i.e. A20 up and bombed you before you 1/3 to your destination.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 07:54:52 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Mothman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2020, 06:12:23 PM »
You make it sound like Camping a Base or Spawn is Easy. It's only easy when you have 2 or 3 other players who knows what they are doing. Let me give you an example:
There other day, not going to say any names they know who they are.... There were THREE GVs covering a Hanger, while I drove around and took out the guns. During that time, The two GVs covering the rear did not have effective communication and ended up getting shot within 9 seconds of camping the hanger. NOW!!!! it would be easy to say well they were out numbered. NOPE it was only 1 GV that came out the hanger and killed all three of them. The Two were behind the VH and the third had a side camp, everyone were all set and ready to camp, the only thing they had to do was say "PULL!"  Same thing with camping an Airfield. It's not as easy as you think.... every 10-15 mins Man guns are popping, planes and bombers from nearby base are bomb****ing you. Yes, I got 100 kills camping an Airfield. There was a lot more planning than you might expect that happen to achieve this.

Camping a Spawn is only easy on certain maps that the GV spawns are only 2.5k away from each other and that is a challenge as well because of the 1500k spread. Not sure if many of you know this but the closer you get to a GV spawn the more it shifts. But like anything in life the more you do it the better you get at it.  :evil:   

FYI if Camping was not suppose to happen why are there two Achievements 1 for killing someone within seconds of upping and 1 for staying alive for so long with campers in the area. Just saying!!!

ALSO Thank YOU !!!! Dale for removing the ENY... Last Night myself and another GV were able to defend off 5 GVs and 2 attack Planes attacking our GV base. We had the Higher ENY but because we were still enable to grab a T34, two of us were able to defend. Didn't have to worry about taking a knife to a gunfight. Especially when 3 T34s, 1 Panther and M3 were just 1k off the base. With an ENY of 27 it would have been very difficult for the two of us to stop such a out numbered senario.

Good luck to everyone, stay safe and healthy! 

~S~
Mothman

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2020, 06:29:31 PM »
Mothman for the last time! I blame rush! Lol my round bounced off of slaxers rear and rush didn't have his gun pointed to the hanger cause he saw a squirrel and got distracted...MR "I brought the wrong load out to hanger camp" :devil :rofl
"scott66"        

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2020, 07:13:50 PM »
FYI if Camping was not suppose to happen why are there two Achievements 1 for killing someone within seconds of upping and 1 for staying alive for so long with campers in the area. Just saying!!!

Those achievements merely acknowledge that camping behavior exists. It does not mean that behavior is encouraged.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com