Author Topic: NVIDIA SHADOW PLAY  (Read 777 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
NVIDIA SHADOW PLAY
« on: October 18, 2020, 01:50:51 AM »
Any of you VR Fellers use Shadow Play to record game play? I keep getting "A Full Screen game must be used for this feature"? One of you guys(in game) said something about "Click, Play in full Window Mode"? Where is this option? It sure isnt on the Startup screen/Graphic details area as told :headscratch: I have adjusted the VR_winsize, to ALMOST FULL SCREEN! Guess I can revert back to 3 updates(Nvidia Drivers) ago? Otherwise...I better practice with OBS? Just curious!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: NVIDIA SHADOW PLAY
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:10:40 AM »
I don't know how other VR headsets handle it but with my RiftS the software has its own mirror application. I use that and set it up to display only the right eye. I adjust my forward head position in AH so that I'm looking thru the gunsight centered with my right eye. Otherwise it looks canted off to the right. That's part one.

The other part is using another free program called OBS studio. This is used to record and stream games. I set it up to use the mirror program as a video source. Use the headset speakers as an audio source. I have buttons mapped to start and stop recording and streaming.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 12:15:09 AM »
I don't know how other VR headsets handle it but with my RiftS the software has its own mirror application. I use that and set it up to display only the right eye. I adjust my forward head position in AH so that I'm looking thru the gunsight centered with my right eye. Otherwise it looks canted off to the right. That's part one.

The other part is using another free program called OBS studio. This is used to record and stream games. I set it up to use the mirror program as a video source. Use the headset speakers as an audio source. I have buttons mapped to start and stop recording and streaming.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Yeah, thats what I am gonna have to do! I also RiftS...the Nvidia was working fine, well,until it wasnt :uhoh Thanks! :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline finnster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 05:18:15 PM »
Steam can provide a VR view, which is like mirror.
I use nvidia's shadowplay vid recorder all the time... works great but makes for very large files!
My first try at it in VR can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz08yqtUu6M&t=72s
The video isn't the best- I have to turn some details down because my Pimax needs more GPU horsepower than I have right now.
As well, I converted it to lower video res for easy UL to youtube.
cheers
finnster

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 05:23:21 PM »
I used to use Fraps

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 02:37:36 AM »
Steam can provide a VR view, which is like mirror.
I use nvidia's shadowplay vid recorder all the time... works great but makes for very large files!
My first try at it in VR can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz08yqtUu6M&t=72s
The video isn't the best- I have to turn some details down because my Pimax needs more GPU horsepower than I have right now.
As well, I converted it to lower video res for easy UL to youtube.
cheers
finnster
SAME...well used to be? Shadow Play worked great! I had to adjust the "VR_winsize" in AcesHigh,but it worked AWESOME! Recently though, I get "Requires a Full Screen Game" to use this function message?  Only reason I learned of this was, forgot to save AH FILM RECORDING of an epic fight...hit my button for "Last 20 Min recording" and WTF?