Author Topic: Pay $$ for ENY immunity  (Read 2303 times)

Offline TBlayde

• Zinc Member
Pay $$ for ENY immunity
« on: October 21, 2020, 11:19:56 AM »
I would pay more $$ to be made immune to ENY effects. I am ok with the increased ENY perk penalty.

I just want to be able to fly the right tool for the job. And I will pay extra $$ to do so.

When can this happen?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Pay $$ for ENY immunity
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 11:23:57 AM »
Yeah, that's the 'answer.' Perhaps along with buying perk points or purchasing rare field modifications. Or ... perhaps this game deals with no purchased advantages (or immunity to disadvantages) for everyone. The slippery slope you fail to see affects the whole community.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 11:29:18 AM »
He doesn't care because the OP is only interested what is good for him.  If, like me, isn't affected by ENY because of the plane I fly, he wouldn't have posted.  However, since his skill level is dependent on flying fast, late war planes because he can run, of course he's gonna cry about ENY and demand it be changed.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TBlayde

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 11:35:32 AM »
With as much as you post in the forums I am surprised you get any time to fly at all.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 11:50:02 AM »
With as much as you post in the forums I am surprised you get any time to fly at all.

That promotes your idea how?  :aok

Offline TBlayde

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 12:33:27 PM »
Just as much as yours did.

Money talks, roadkill walks. Hoping that appeals to HT. Id' pay a higher subscription rate not to have to deal with ENY.

If everyone is doing that, or would vote for that, then it's still not pay to win.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 12:38:30 PM »
Just as much as yours did.

I'm not promoting your idea. Your idea sucks. But that's ok. Lots of 'great ideas' in the wishlist do. I'm patient. You might have a winner someday.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 12:50:18 PM »
$50 per hour seems fair.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 04:22:37 PM »
$50 per hour seems fair.   :D

Back in the day, that's what it felt like I was paying to play AWDOS on Genie.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 04:25:18 PM »
Back in the day, that's what it felt like I was paying to play AWDOS on Genie.

AWDOS on Genie was before my time but it sure seemed that was what the early BigWeekers paid from what was posted there.  :D

Offline TBlayde

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 04:28:27 PM »
Air Warrior was another great sim to expire. I cut my PVP air combat teeth there.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 05:08:24 PM »
Air Warrior was another great sim to expire. I cut my PVP air combat teeth there.

Have you considered returning?  They probably miss you.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline TBlayde

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 09:54:32 AM »
*Sigh* Sad thing is I think you might have been serious. Going to file AH along with AW and call it a day.

After taking a new look at what's available I have found another that even has a Linux client. I don't blame HT for giving up one whit after seeing the competition he's up against. I'd be deflated too.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 05:32:47 PM »
The problem with your proposed model is that it disparages against those who have a lot of cash against those who don't.  Like War Thunder - that's Pay to Win. And it sucks donkey balls.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 05:53:51 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 06:28:56 PM »
I would pay more $$ to be made immune to ENY effects. I am ok with the increased ENY perk penalty.

I just want to be able to fly the right tool for the job. And I will pay extra $$ to do so.

When can this happen?

personally I think the $15 bucks is barely worth the game even with NMY turned off. I think if I had to pay extra just to get by NMY I would simply give up on this game and move on to something else, which adds to the biggest problem facing this game ... low player and subscriber count.

I pay $15 bucks a month mostly to fly with my friends and to fly Corsairs and that's about it.

Most of the few friends I have left that plays this game pretty much only fly in FSO and maybe hit the MA right after FSO and that's about it.

I use the bowling doctrine to justify the expense. I get about as much dollar for dollar fun playing aces high as I do league bowling for which I pay about $20 a month. However thanks to Covid most bowling leagues are going to be down at least until spring 2021. 

I've been playing AH since beta the longest break I took from this game was when I left in 2012 for another game and the fact NMY was a real PITA even back then when we actually had some numbers. 

NMY is still pretty much putting a damper on the corsair flying as of late, and no matter how much we whine beach and groan we can't get HT to do damn thing about it. It's been a problem for over decade and it's till here and he still doesn't care. We do not have the proper tools to rebalance the arena other than logging out.

We can't just switch sides because the NMY can and does sometimes follows us to the new country and once NMY stabilizes you have to wait to change back ... so if squads or buddies show up they either need to switch sides to your new country or you're just SOL. In 2011 the Country Change Cap was 12 hours I believe it currently 6 or 2 hours when it should be less than 30 minutes if it's on at all. However we are still limited to long waits between country swaps ...... The reason given was the same reason we lost cross country coms .... spies.

No really! here we are in a freaking Dying video game we pay $15 bucks a month for and people are worried about spies, And the joke about that is everything done in the game to stop spying is easily bypassed by simply taking it out of the game.

Cross country coms gone .... No problem just use mumble skype ventrillo teamspeak facebook messenger zoom .....

You really want to put the spying BS to rest How about this ....

Make a publicly viewable Facebook group called "Aces High Spy vs Spy" and dump screen caps of the map and strat info on it as well as mission updates. Want to know where the enemy carrier groups are go check facebook.

How much do mature paying customers have to suffer because the community as a whole has to act like 8 year olds and can't seem to grow the Heck up?!

I figure as soon as Covid is under control I'm probably going to go back to bowling as I don't have NMY values forcing me to use my Columbia U dot over my Storm Fire on med to dry lanes, and honestly there is even less here now to keep me in the game then their was in 2011 .... most of the player base is gone now.

Even if this game truly is the spiritual successor to Air Warrior it does not need to die like Air Warrior did.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 06:36:26 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)