Author Topic: Some bugs  (Read 1916 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Some bugs
« on: October 27, 2020, 08:19:20 PM »
In P-38 cockpits, I can't locate the auto pilot indicator lamps or the beacon lamps.

P-38J does not shown external rocket tubes when rockets are selected at loadout.  Rockets doe fire from the correct location on the airframe, but appear out of nowhere.

In VR, I have no RPM control.  I have this function mapped to the slider axis on my throttle and it works when using TrackIR, but is non-functional in VR.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Re: Some bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 08:44:48 PM »
ON P38L gunsite is not Mk9 rkt site and will not accept command to change.
Have lost skins for 38L.
Like the mirror
 :airplane:
AkCaine

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 08:50:37 PM »
Have lost skins for 38L.

That's not a bug. The shape is entirely different and the skin files 4x larger. The old skins are no longer compatible so they are deleted.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »
P38J@L HAVE 2 DG'S :banana:
AkCaine

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 09:49:39 PM »
Love the new skins, however....

In P-38L, normal power is 44 inches HG, military is 54 inches HG, and WEP is 60 inches HG, according to the P38 manual I have.  This was how it read in the old cockpit, but in the new cockpit full throttle reads 44 HG and WEP reads as 59 HG.

The rear view mirror is not showing the rear view, it is showing part of the canopy.  Am I supposed to adjust it?
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 08:07:27 AM »
None of the p38s are allowing change of gunsite.

Also my first run in a G was last night.  Noticed some instances where enemy icons were dissapearing while looking out the front of the plane.  I havent noticed this in the J or L yet, and will try and duplicate and film the G today.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 10:24:54 AM »

Also my first run in a G was last night.  Noticed some instances where enemy icons were dissapearing while looking out the front of the plane.  I havent noticed this in the J or L yet, and will try and duplicate and film the G today.

Think I noticed this also.  Thought it was a VR thing, or maybe my eyes...

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 10:46:44 AM »

I found the issue , until the next patch if you wish you can change the gun sight by copying the file p38l.txt or p38j.txt or p38g.txt in the Settings/Sights folder to p38lgp1.txt or p38jgp1.txt or p38ggp1.txt  after first setting the gun sight you wish in the Gunsight preferences.

HiTech

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »
I found the issue , until the next patch if you wish you can change the gun sight by copying the file p38l.txt or p38j.txt or p38g.txt in the Settings/Sights folder to p38lgp1.txt or p38jgp1.txt or p38ggp1.txt  after first setting the gun sight you wish in the Gunsight preferences.

HiTech

Aye.

Do you need video on the icons dissapearing in the G?

I had a few beers at the time, but it might have been the whole con dissapearing and not just the icon.  I should have a little time this afternoon to look again.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 11:45:22 AM »
Aye.

Do you need video on the icons dissapearing in the G?

I had a few beers at the time, but it might have been the whole con dissapearing and not just the icon.  I should have a little time this afternoon to look again.

A short video showing the location where it blanks out will make it easier to know which poly needs to be taged.

HiTech

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 02:26:26 PM »
A short video showing the location where it blanks out will make it easier to know which poly needs to be taged.

HiTech

Ask and you shall recieve,  appears to be out of the front glass.  The clipboard has issues with it too.  Makes shooting guys down interesting.  :D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:32:26 PM by Lazerr »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 04:27:41 PM »
Lazerr lets do  screen shots of both icon and clip board instead.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 05:14:08 PM »
Might be this weekend before i can get to it, unless anyone else can pitch in here.

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2020, 08:34:04 PM »

HiTech

I can take some video too, but it appears to be the HUD in the P-38G. All other windows I could see icons fine. And in VR, when I lean around the HUD, I can see icons out any of the front windows. As soon as icons cross the plane into the HUD, it disappears. Made me realize how much 'training' we get anticipating the icon range to be ~400 before opening fire! I lost a ton of SA without the icon in view. Thanks for addressing!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 05:17:49 AM »
I can take some video too, but it appears to be the HUD in the P-38G. All other windows I could see icons fine. And in VR, when I lean around the HUD, I can see icons out any of the front windows. As soon as icons cross the plane into the HUD, it disappears. Made me realize how much 'training' we get anticipating the icon range to be ~400 before opening fire! I lost a ton of SA without the icon in view. Thanks for addressing!

I’ll have to take some video this weekend when I can, but I was having the same issue in the G. It has something to do with the armored glass plating in front (with or without reflection on). Maybe even though it is transparent to the pilot, the game is reading it as some object that blocks line of sight to an enemy causing the icon to hide(like the rest of your non glass cockpit bars and fuselage do).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 05:19:37 AM by Owlblink »
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"