Author Topic: Update. Tempest. Cockpit.  (Read 3588 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: Update. Tempest. Cockpit.
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2021, 09:52:55 AM »
Quite surprised the P38s were redone but not the tempest yet...

Yes, considering that the P-38s had lots of skins that needed to be re-done, but the Tempest has only one.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2021, 03:12:41 PM »
Sorry, but that will never happen. The Tempest is so old, it now falls under protection of historic buildings and monuments. Any increase of the polygon count is now strictly forbidden!   :old:

Ha, that's a good one ;-)
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2021, 04:42:52 PM »
Yes, considering that the P-38s had lots of skins that needed to be re-done, but the Tempest has only one.

yeah but the dweeb p38 pilots have lots of skinners.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2021, 05:07:25 PM »
yeah but the dweeb p38 pilots have lots of skinners.

semp

I don't skin B-38's.  :devil
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2021, 12:17:10 PM »
Would it be possible to substitute the typhoon cockpit or are they the same?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2021, 02:20:21 AM »
The cockpit interiors for the Typhoon and Tempest were not exactly the same in real life, there were minor differences in fuselage framing, instruments and control layout. However the bubble canopies on the late Typhoon and on the Tempest were the same so re-using the current Typhoon interior for an updated Tempest exterior 3D model ought to work. Also updating this cockpit to be able to use the AH3 3D pilot would update both aircraft at once. However I don't think it would be possible to use the Typhoon cockpit on the current AH1 Tempest exterior as there would be a canopy framing mismatch between the two 3D models.

I just had yet another look at the current Tempest 3D shape with a view to creating a skins template for it, but it is just so bad I can't bring myself to start.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:24:52 AM by Greebo »

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2022, 08:26:34 PM »
Please please please. Love the new P-38s and the progress there. SO EXCITED to see the updates happening. Now let's get that cartoon paper-sticker like cockpit in my (and I'm sure others) most singularly favorite plane in the game...the TEMPEST!!!

Truth-in-advertising, I have always wanted to fly in a Tempest, and in-game I'm exclusively VR in these fighters - I want to feel like the real deal if I can't get it IRL!

$15 a month should fund this, right?!

Don't hold your breath good sir. Literally the tempest has been my favorite World War II airplane since I was seven years old. You will notice inside the cockpit there is no flightstick.. and yes it works with your hotas, so even though it is low poly you still have the pleasure of flying it. However for somebody like me who flies exclusively with touch controllers in VR, there is no fly stick for me to grab no controls for the aircraft it is an incomplete model and therefore unavailable to me. On a personal level it's super bummed me out because I love the plane competitive level it put me out a big disadvantage against anybody else who can fly it and has a hotas. For three straight years I begged dale to finish the model so I can fly it. So that I could have a complete game that I payed for. And he has quite literally told me that he is not going to do it it is the last plane and he is not going to do it. It is what it is. I mean when's the last time we've gotten a real update in the game anyways? I have been banned out of this game. And it was the longest most treacherous three months of my life. It was worse than trying to quit crack. So I'm not gonna complain anymore I'm not gonna ask anymore and I'm going to be quite happy with the extensive library of plans that are available for me to fly with. But a man can still hope cant he?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2022, 06:01:30 PM »
Don't hold your breath good sir. Literally the tempest has been my favorite World War II airplane since I was seven years old. You will notice inside the cockpit there is no flightstick.. and yes it works with your hotas, so even though it is low poly you still have the pleasure of flying it. However for somebody like me who flies exclusively with touch controllers in VR, there is no fly stick for me to grab no controls for the aircraft it is an incomplete model and therefore unavailable to me. On a personal level it's super bummed me out because I love the plane competitive level it put me out a big disadvantage against anybody else who can fly it and has a hotas. For three straight years I begged dale to finish the model so I can fly it. So that I could have a complete game that I payed for. And he has quite literally told me that he is not going to do it it is the last plane and he is not going to do it. It is what it is. I mean when's the last time we've gotten a real update in the game anyways? I have been banned out of this game. And it was the longest most treacherous three months of my life. It was worse than trying to quit crack. So I'm not gonna complain anymore I'm not gonna ask anymore and I'm going to be quite happy with the extensive library of plans that are available for me to fly with. But a man can still hope cant he?

:confused:

:(

New skins seem to be the only thing that is being added to the game now.

While I’m sure everyone appreciates all the work that goes into new skins, there’s quite a bit of other things that would at the least keep old players for leaving. For example, several new maps have been submitted for approval a year+ now…

With all the skills that skinners have, it seems like they could help make additions to the game that the large majority are in favor of.

Seems like we’re on autopilot into a mountain or something like sale/new owners could be the future, hopefully it’s not the former.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 06:07:26 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2022, 10:13:38 AM »
Please. One more bump. I want my dearly loved Tempest cockpit updated. As do others. I don't fly it right now, because...polygons.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2022, 11:14:28 AM »
For three straight years I begged dale to finish the model so I can fly it. So that I could have a complete game that I payed for. And he has quite literally told me that he is not going to do it it is the last plane and he is not going to do it.

Seems like this might be the last word.    :frown:
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?