Author Topic: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???  (Read 23715 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2020, 11:29:51 AM »
Meh. Talk to guys who manage their energy. The rearm pad has been used ever since it existed to increase glory messages and it never reset the WEP. Methinks your perceived viewpoint is exaggerated.  :D :salute :cheers:

I disagree. You're gonna need the WEP and planes with limited WEP will eventually be at a disadvantage if you are aggressive. A P51 with poor acceleration needs to use WEP (smartly) and you can only get a few sorties in before you're stuck flying WEPless.

Other planes like the YAK3 or 262 don't have WEP so could jn theory maintain their performance for long runs. The K4 has a lot of WEP so chances are you run out of parts before WEP.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2020, 01:55:13 PM »
I disagree. You're gonna need the WEP and planes with limited WEP will eventually be at a disadvantage if you are aggressive. A P51 with poor acceleration needs to use WEP (smartly) and you can only get a few sorties in before you're stuck flying WEPless.

Other planes like the YAK3 or 262 don't have WEP so could jn theory maintain their performance for long runs. The K4 has a lot of WEP so chances are you run out of parts before WEP.

Not seeing this as making a case. *ShruG*  :old:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2020, 07:49:08 PM »
I hear a lot of people talking about how hard it is because there are a lot of 'good players' and because of that, people leave. I never hear about those players wanting to actually get better. You see, I wanted to be better. So I dueled, a lot and learned. I got beat over an over again. I couldn't believe how much harder this game was compared to flying combat flight simulator against AI. If you think you are going to come in here an start kicking but, you are gravely mistaken.

What really hurts new players is getting ganged by multiple people every time. The biggest issues and hardest part of the MA is getting ganged by multiple players. This has more of a negative impact to players than coming across good sticks.

The second issue is maps. When you have maps like Bowl MA up for 4 days, flying 10 minutes to a base with action spread out all over the map with minimal big battles in the afternoon and off hours. This creates slow and boring gameplay. Maps make the action happen. Thats why they are so important. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2020, 03:39:21 PM »
Story of the modern era Vio;  No Lions, only kittens.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2020, 04:19:13 AM »

YAk3's overheated at 100% throttle IRL, so they should have to use WEP like everyone else.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2020, 08:08:32 AM »
YAk3's overheated at 100% throttle IRL, so they should have to use WEP like everyone else.

WEP produced more than 100% of the engine's normal rated power for a limited amount of time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_emergency_power

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2020, 08:34:22 AM »
I’ll be honest. If we want new players. We need to advertise to the potential player base. And the best way to do that is to promote the game through content  advertisements. Not the traditional way. But through YouTube Content creators. PhlyDaily, Squire, Matsimus, Military Aviation History (Bismarck). Let them play the game. Be up front about it. I guarantee, that if they sponsored the game through these avenues they would get new players in. But idk if HTC has the resources to do it anymore.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2020, 09:00:53 AM »
I’ll be honest. If we want new players. We need to advertise to the potential player base. And the best way to do that is to promote the game through content  advertisements. Not the traditional way. But through YouTube Content creators. PhlyDaily, Squire, Matsimus, Military Aviation History (Bismarck). Let them play the game. Be up front about it. I guarantee, that if they sponsored the game through these avenues they would get new players in. But idk if HTC has the resources to do it anymore.

HT may be interested if you tell him what your guarantee consist of.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2020, 09:56:18 AM »

Yes.  Advertising will save us all.   :rolleyes:

NGE first.  Then advertise the everliving hell out of it.  And it still won't drag many people away from the free options.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2020, 10:23:44 AM »
Unfortunately I don't see a way to adapt to the current trend of free to play while maintaining a simulator feel.  By going free to play you will need to create reasons for people to pay money.  It could be as simple as skins, but that wouldn't draw enough, you'll need people to pay that $10-15 a month for premium.  And what would premium give without making the game pay to win?  More perks per action wouldn't be very enticing, a grind to fly good planes is not going to work without separating the Tempests from the Spit 1's.  Proper free to play is the only way you are going to get a high number of players in the game though because of its ancient GUI and aging graphics.  If its a bait and switch like the current format, you'll always have bad reviews on Steam that keep most people from even trying it.  The first thing that popped up when I downloaded this free to play game on Steam was the opportunity for discounted membership, alot of people would uninstall right then and there.  Like War Thunder and World of Tanks has shown, free to play doesn't mean you aren't going to be profitable, all those thousands of players that are playing for free entice their friends to play too, and for every person there is a chance you get people like me that will spend way more than $15/month on a game without thinking twice.  The biggest hurdle is just determining how to implement this sandbox world conquest game into a format that would allow paying customers a reason to pay without destroying the will of the non paying customers.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2020, 11:15:56 AM »
Unfortunately I don't see a way to adapt to the current trend of free to play while maintaining a simulator feel.  By going free to play you will need to create reasons for people to pay money.  It could be as simple as skins, but that wouldn't draw enough, you'll need people to pay that $10-15 a month for premium.  And what would premium give without making the game pay to win?  More perks per action wouldn't be very enticing, a grind to fly good planes is not going to work without separating the Tempests from the Spit 1's.  Proper free to play is the only way you are going to get a high number of players in the game though because of its ancient GUI and aging graphics.  If its a bait and switch like the current format, you'll always have bad reviews on Steam that keep most people from even trying it.  The first thing that popped up when I downloaded this free to play game on Steam was the opportunity for discounted membership, alot of people would uninstall right then and there.  Like War Thunder and World of Tanks has shown, free to play doesn't mean you aren't going to be profitable, all those thousands of players that are playing for free entice their friends to play too, and for every person there is a chance you get people like me that will spend way more than $15/month on a game without thinking twice.  The biggest hurdle is just determining how to implement this sandbox world conquest game into a format that would allow paying customers a reason to pay without destroying the will of the non paying customers.

Didn't some subscription-based space sim make changes to allow free players into same arena space as the subscription payers?  I want to say it was Eve Online, but not sure - and I don't know what the limits between pay and free are as far as available equipment, ships, etc.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2020, 11:24:37 AM »
Didn't some subscription-based space sim make changes to allow free players into same arena space as the subscription payers?  I want to say it was Eve Online, but not sure - and I don't know what the limits between pay and free are as far as available equipment, ships, etc.

Yes, Eve Online is a free to play, but its grindy and entices payment to get ahead.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2020, 11:29:15 AM »
I like the fact that in AH I can't "buy my way to the top" like most games these days

And I'll take my flight sims without external view a2a combat allowed

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2020, 11:34:54 AM »
I am finding that GTA V is pretty much worthless. I bought it a little over a month a go and I am already tiring of it. What works is the groups that use it, like FiveM. The roll play servers are mostly moderated and disable the garbage space vehicles and such. They also ban those that run cheats which Rockstar does a terrible job of.

I have been here at AH for better than 20 years.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2020, 11:38:25 AM »

A lot of the Subscription games changed and allowed you to get to certain levels on F2P as well. I know WoW was one of them, EVE was as well but I think since they may have removed that limitation.

Then there are the 'premium' style games which you can play completely for free but there are 'pay to progress faster' methods. These are the likes of WT, WoT, WoWS.

Then, there are true free to play games wherein whatever you buy either does not give you a competitive advantage (eg cosmetics), example of this is SMITE, or everything in the game can be obtained in-game without paying anything, an example of this is Warframe.

These companies of course need revenue streams so they offer premium currencies for USD, but the USD you are spending won't net you any competitive advantage during gameplay and you aren't required to spend a penny to play the game.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com