Author Topic: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???  (Read 23874 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2020, 01:33:39 PM »
Change the landing message. "so and so landed 5 kills" promotes these "sharks" to pick and avoid fights to get those "kill" numbers up there. Instead post "so and so landed kills". everyone would know they landed 2 or more kills but it would make them all the same, no more "competition" to be the guy who lands the big numbers.

This is a great idea!!!
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2020, 02:55:09 PM »
I don't think that can be attributed to 'generation.' ;)

Bet it can be

Kids these days are on more drugs from doctors than were in the high school halls in the 70s

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2020, 02:59:10 PM »
no need of micro purchases or pay to win. 6 planes, 2 gvs are free. You want to use anything else you get a subscription,  period. Pretty simple.

As for having all the answers  lol if I did id own the company.  many right answers have been posted here and a few of them have been used. I just think its time to try a few more. How's the "no ENY" experiment going? I didn't hear any complaints when I was on Saturday night.

Maybe it time to try a few of these other ideas "that are never going to work".

I like this idea.  Just make sure there is a variety of fighters, bombers, and attack aircraft for them to fly. 

I'd also suggest locking it to default skins only - but they should be able to see the custom skins in the hangar and on other players planes in the arena, so they can see what they are missing.  But if they try to select one to fly, they get a message "A paid subscription is needed to fly this skin.  Subscribe now?" with a link to subscribe.

Offline shmoken

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2020, 07:43:00 PM »
I was about to try out the two week trial and get back into the game.  I left for a while and have tried again every few years, but the numbers are soooo low, it's lots of driving to get to the fight and then not much action!

Free to play is the way to go.  This is such an amazing game.  The physics and damage model, the attention to detail. I just love this game.  Freemium doesn't have to be pay to win.  I hate the "gold" rounds that do extra damage or special vehicles that are bulletproof. 

The free to play games that I really like have you pay extra for cosmetics, or allow you to buy a unique model that has no benefit other than faster experience. 

I'd pay extra to get a new paint scheme for my Dora, or a model that allows me to earn ENY faster so I can fly the Ta-152 without guilt.

Bring it on.  I miss Aces High!!!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2020, 08:11:32 PM »
I like this idea.  Just make sure there is a variety of fighters, bombers, and attack aircraft for them to fly. 

I'd also suggest locking it to default skins only - but they should be able to see the custom skins in the hangar and on other players planes in the arena, so they can see what they are missing.  But if they try to select one to fly, they get a message "A paid subscription is needed to fly this skin.  Subscribe now?" with a link to subscribe.

No.  There is, and should be, no reason to lock skins like that.

As for "free" planes: No perk anything of any kind.

Bomber wise: Restrict the 17, 24, Lancaster and Tu-2.  The Tu-2 I put into this list is due to her payload and speed.

Fighters: Not going to touch that one with a 10ft pole.  I'll leave it to you fighter jocks figure out that mess.  :)

GV's: Panzer F, Sherman 75, 251, M-16, M-8 and Jeep should be the "freebies".  Everything else would be locked.

Allow them to still earn perks however.  This could give more incentive to go paid so they can spend them.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2020, 09:37:46 AM »
no more "competition" to be the guy who lands the big numbers.

In many cases the rearm pad is the root cause of folks landing 3-10 kills in a plane per "sortie".   

Some fly really careful and keep rearming.  Just say'n.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2020, 09:40:11 AM »
In many cases the rearm pad is the root cause of folks landing 3-10 kills in a plane per "sortie".   

Some fly really careful and keep rearming.  Just say'n.

Not like there's anything wrong with that.  :old:

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2020, 01:11:46 PM »
Just face it,.  AH is dead. There havent been any upgrade to the game for like 4 years. And the player base is litteraly dying away from old age. I see no reason for anyone to spend their money on this game. Its a shame but its still the reality. Nostalgia isnt going to save the game.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2020, 01:18:51 PM »
Just face it,.  AH is dead. There havent been any upgrade to the game for like 4 years. And the player base is litteraly dying away from old age. I see no reason for anyone to spend their money on this game. Its a shame but its still the reality. Nostalgia isnt going to save the game.

It's supportive posts like this that sets this community apart from so many out there.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2020, 01:24:35 PM »
It's supportive posts like this that sets this community apart from so many out there.

The people is why we are all coming back
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2020, 01:26:20 PM »
Perhaps the free to play portion of the game model can look something like this:

Option 1 Recommendation:
1.  1st 2 weeks, no changes.  Allow full access.

2.  AFTER the 2 week free trial (full version):
     a.  3 weeks of free play in all Early War planes
     b.  At the end of the EW 3 week free trial, offer 1 final week in all planes sets.

Basically, 1 1/2 months.  Gives time to learn enough to play and understand what you are doing.  Get to know new players.  Allow them access to special events and join FSO as a guest to a host squad.  Basically giving more time to potentially new players to get a little past the learning curve.

Option 2 Recommendation:
Allow full access in the MA to all Early War Planes as a "free to play".  But in doing this, you can potentially ruin the play in the arena.  Not too difficult to troll the arena in this scenario.    Maybe worth the risk though. 

Not saying we should try any of this.  Just throwing some ideas out for HTC to consider to generate traffic.  Maybe already tried and didn't work.  I dunno.  I just fly cartoon planes and die a lot.  THAT is my specialty. 

:rock   
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2020, 02:52:37 PM »
Not like there's anything wrong with that

If you are compelled to fly in a manner the skews perception of what you did in "one" sortie...follow your bliss.  :salute

[sidebar]
The rearm pad BTW is a great and useful tool and should be kept in the game.  For instance, if all the hangers are down. 
This is a different context than using it to display phantasmagorian sortie numbers.  :old:
[/sidebar]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 02:54:50 PM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2020, 03:01:01 PM »
You're way too fixated on the kills landed message. Probably more so than with those you take an accusational stance. Players know about the rearm pad. Players can surmise how some large kills landed messages came to be without it ruining their AH experience. The number of inconsequential elements of this game that some are willing to attribute toward it's supposed demise is rather amusing.  :cool:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2020, 03:02:08 PM »

Why are you here?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2020, 03:03:37 PM »
Why are you here?

To show his support?