Author Topic: Re-set the 2-week trial after a year (or 6 months?)  (Read 2970 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re-set the 2-week trial after a year (or 6 months?)
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2020, 05:16:42 PM »
we would have more players if the sheep came back. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2020, 05:44:02 PM »

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 08:58:01 AM »
Like HBO occasionally has free weekends where you can watch even if you are not a subscriber.  Repeatedly at least once a year it seems like.  That might be an alternative approach.  You could control that more.  Choose time when people will be home live Memorial day weekend or Thanksgiving or Xmas week.  Have a free week that anyone can play even if they had already had a trial before.  That has the marketing advantage of a limited time offer that might get it spread around.  Also, this approach wouldn't be something you would have to commit to long term.  You can choose when to have a free AH week when and if you want or never again.  The key would be to advertise it well in advance so word can spread before the event.

$0.02.

This strategy works on me often.  I played alot of Final Fantasy XI and XIV in the day and I'll see Facebook ads every year that offer a free week for old players to logon again and play for 96 hours or something to that effect.  It gets me everytime, I'm curious to see my character again, get hooked and sub for a month before I wash out again and come back to Aces High.  It might be hard to target old players on Facebook, i'm not sure what targeting mechanisms are available these days, but I think there are thousands of old players out there that moved on to other games but would come back for nostalgia for atleast a month if they were reminded that the game exists for a free weekend/week.

I think the biggest thing that needs to happen is a rebrand/rename to get back on steam with fresh reviews.  If the game wasnt branded as free to play with a bait and switch, most of those negative reviews wouldnt be posted and the game would see much higher traffic of new players trying it out.  It was also a disaster for VR players to get through the UI.  Fix the problems identified in the negative comments and a re-release on Steam could make a whole lot of sense.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 09:01:13 AM by haggerty »
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2020, 10:36:29 AM »
For me it is a lack of players at any given time, not the $15. This started back when the arena splits occurred (who in their right mind wanted to wait to play with squadies) and slowly went downhill. It is sad, because this game always had so much potential and things to do. Will this game ever get back to what it was? It makes me sad, I don't think it will, I seriously hope for the best though.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2020, 10:40:40 AM »
For me it is a lack of players at any given time, not the $15. This started back when the arena splits occurred (who in their right mind wanted to wait to play with squadies) and slowly went downhill. It is sad, because this game always had so much potential and things to do. Will this game ever get back to what it was? It makes me sad, I don't think it will, I seriously hope for the best though.

What exactly are you looking for?

I was looking for fairly even sides. It was that way most of the time.... far less the past month or so.

There are still fights.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)