Author Topic: Some bugs  (Read 1939 times)

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Re: Some bugs
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2020, 01:03:43 PM »
I’ll have to take some video this weekend when I can, but I was having the same issue in the G. It has something to do with the armored glass plating in front (with or without reflection on). Maybe even though it is transparent to the pilot, the game is reading it as some object that blocks line of sight to an enemy causing the icon to hide(like the rest of your non glass cockpit bars and fuselage do).

Yeah that's a good point! Other parts of the environment are visible, but it's blocking the 'icon' much the same way the other non-transparent parts do. Good catch.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2020, 07:21:17 PM »
I’ll have to take some video this weekend when I can, but I was having the same issue in the G. It has something to do with the armored glass plating in front (with or without reflection on). Maybe even though it is transparent to the pilot, the game is reading it as some object that blocks line of sight to an enemy causing the icon to hide(like the rest of your non glass cockpit bars and fuselage do).

In the G, I noticed that the Aircraft was always visible just the label was disappearing and reappearing.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2020, 06:21:33 PM »
Okay, the previous issue seems fixed in the G regarding the front glass hiding icons.

However, I've noticed two places in the cockpit where the outside fuselage is clipping through.
The screenshots I have were taken in VR mode and I hand drew a yellow 'ellipse' around what I am talking about.

Link below goes to the folder in a google drive for the images

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1shOUcfe1vyYnNL5oUa1I7cXedBKOscjG?usp=sharing

This is also noticeable in desktop mode if you shift your pilots view somewhat to the left and right and look down at the sides where they are in these three images.
It is NOT very noticeable in the default position, and doesn't necessarily pose any issues to the players, simply an aesthetic issue at this point that might want to be revisited sometime.
I don't know if fixing this would through off any templates anyone else has for skinning (think Greebo is the only one at this point that has a working one) but for that reason it might need to be addressed before too long.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 06:31:12 PM by Owlblink »
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 12:04:06 PM »
Mirror still doesn't give correct view.

Manifold pressure still reads wrong.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com