Author Topic: Active Aces High Squadrons  (Read 8101 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Active Aces High Squadrons
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2020, 09:46:23 PM »
Kommando Nowotny's website is: https://flykommando.com/

Excellent. Again, thank you.  :cheers:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2020, 10:04:31 PM »
190 players today between fso and ma.

sep
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2020, 04:03:12 AM »
The GFC is a non Yank squad.

We are even a bit sniffy of anyone who is not British

I thank you
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2020, 07:59:06 AM »

I thank you

What day and time is your usual squad night in the MA (if you currently have one)? :)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2020, 09:30:56 AM »
Big Fight War Night?

What are you on about here?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2020, 11:37:09 AM »
Big Fight War Night?

What are you on about here?

Squadrons, by and large, are where it's at in Aces High. Especially the larger ones. But even the smaller ones can make a difference if they affiliate with other squadrons. My thinking is if all the squadrons (their C.O.s or if not at least a member) were contacted about organizing one specific night a week with a determined time window (like 'Titanic Tuesday' once represented) and the squadrons also considered spreading themselves evenly between sides then there would be recordable instances of a full arena again. Newcomers will be more impressed with such but, just as importantly (if not more so) veteran players will once again experience AH in its glory. I would further hope that having so many squads on at once would spur them on to adopting new players (whether to permanently join their squadron or not), enhancing their experience.

I've also imagined a game newsletter or maybe just page that would keep up to date information about squadrons, who's in them, how they can be contacted and squadron vs squadron MA events. If the AH squadron page is broken, then who's to stop the community, itself, from keeping this information available and up to date?  :cheers:

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2020, 01:30:09 PM »
Squadrons, by and large, are where it's at in Aces High. Especially the larger ones. But even the smaller ones can make a difference if they affiliate with other squadrons. My thinking is if all the squadrons (their C.O.s or if not at least a member) were contacted about organizing one specific night a week with a determined time window (like 'Titanic Tuesday' once represented) and the squadrons also considered spreading themselves evenly between sides then there would be recordable instances of a full arena again. Newcomers will be more impressed with such but, just as importantly (if not more so) veteran players will once again experience AH in its glory. I would further hope that having so many squads on at once would spur them on to adopting new players (whether to permanently join their squadron or not), enhancing their experience.

I've also imagined a game newsletter or maybe just page that would keep up to date information about squadrons, who's in them, how they can be contacted and squadron vs squadron MA events. If the AH squadron page is broken, then who's to stop the community, itself, from keeping this information available and up to date?  :cheers:

Interesting. Most of us do that on Friday nights around 11 PM Eastern. The hour or two leading up to that time is usually a little more full than normal. I recommend building on that, I also recommend a new name.

:aok
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2020, 01:38:39 PM »
Interesting. Most of us do that on Friday nights around 11 PM Eastern. The hour or two leading up to that time is usually a little more full than normal. I recommend building on that, I also recommend a new name.

The name isn't important. That's something that can always be tweaked. Fridays after FSO will get players who want to keep playing after the event but it will also find just as many players who are tired after an FSO. I haven't seen any attempt to coordinate among squadrons throughout the community on a grand scale to increase the population of the MA for some time now.

Of course, I will be interested in handing this off to anyone willing to take over (especially if they believe they can do a better job of it and also because I appear to be going blind now).

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2020, 04:15:15 PM »

I thank you

You are Ugandan.....how did you get in......."sniff"... :old:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 04:18:03 PM by Canspec »
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2020, 02:07:59 AM »
Squad night are for men who go for windy walks :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2020, 04:49:11 AM »
This is an excellent thing you put together, Arlo.  Thanks!  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2020, 05:03:37 AM »
This is an excellent thing you put together, Arlo.  Thanks!  :aok

Thank you, Brooke. You, among others, inspired me to.  : :salute :)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2020, 06:30:12 AM »
Why don't you all bring your squads to Monday Night Madness?
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2020, 07:09:13 AM »
Why don't you all bring your squads to Monday Night Madness?

Nothing is stopping them. Well, nothing you or I know of. This is a promotion of organized squad participation in the MA, however.  :)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2020, 07:24:56 AM »
This is a promotion of organized squad participation in the MA, however.  :)
I never intended to hijack this thread but

There is already plenty of that. Organized squad nights and such.

You know I see the crying on 200 and country channel about gameplay and the fact that no one takes advantage of the Axis vs Allies arena where all of the issues that are described are non existant  is mind baffling. For some the MA is all they have and I am totally cool with that. But to whine about something steadily and not partake of the alternative is just crazy. The big two country debate is ongoing. But in the AvA it is an every day thing fighting between two countries.

So I am calling out all these squads you listed above to come out tonight for Monday Night Madness and see what you got.

The arena is custom. There are CM's present that if you ask nicely and sometimes make your case for a certain plane to be turned on it would be granted. Heck last week we got Jaeger to turn the Me-163's on for crazy fights. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 07:29:52 AM by RichardDarkwood »
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys