Author Topic: Suggestion for leveling country numbers: option to assign on login  (Read 2528 times)

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Ok...hear me out.

I've heard a lot of complaints in the General Forum from folks fed up with ENY, and others cancelling accounts because they can't stand the hordes...I have a suggestion to even the sides a bit. This won't be perfect, but it's a proposal to blunt the effects of ganging up:

- Create a menu option (perhaps another function in the O'club?) which you can toggle to either 'keep/maintain country affiliation' or to change to something like 'assign to new side upon login' (call it "mercenary" mode!)
- The idea is that those players who want to keep playing on one side can do that. But others who want to work toward a fair fight are willing to roll the dice a bit, and go for the least-favored country
- This also fits with the idea of mercenary status, as a gun for hire --> when you join the side with the least players your perk multiplier will improve, giving you more bang for the buck!

As many of you know, us Arabian Knights rotate through the three countries each month. We are no strangers to switching sides, in fact we thrive on it! That's what inspired me for this suggestion, I hope this gets implemented, and I hope some people feel like trying it out. Thanks for reading!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Suggestion for leveling country numbers: option to assign on login
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 08:52:08 PM »
I'd love this idea, so long as your 'auto assign' does not count toward your 6 hour timer. So in theory, you'd log in and be asked "would you like to switch to the low number side?". It would show the current numbers. If you select yes, you get brought to the low number side and keep your side switch for 'future' use. If not, you stay on your current affiliated country.

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 09:04:40 PM »
I'd love this idea, so long as your 'auto assign' does not count toward your 6 hour timer. So in theory, you'd log in and be asked "would you like to switch to the low number side?". It would show the current numbers. If you select yes, you get brought to the low number side and keep your side switch for 'future' use. If not, you stay on your current affiliated country.

Seems plausible to me! And also seems a reasonable, complementary idea.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 09:45:48 PM »
think a better option is basically what was said but a little different.  log in you have 5 minutes to decide which country to join,  1 hour to switch to another then 6 hours.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 03:52:21 AM »
Not a bad idea at all.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 09:34:51 AM »
Even better if you could have a peek at the map for a minute or two in order to make your decision.

Great idea.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 06:45:41 AM »
Maybe to test out the two country theory's some are saying is how the game should be.

One of the three countries should abandon and join one of the other two countries just to see if it works.

"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 07:01:03 AM »
For two country setup - start with 3 countries but have one country start with only a couple of bases that are quickly captured by the other two.

That way when players from the 3rd now gone country log on they have to pick one of the other two or are auto assigned

Next map a different chess piece is short changed

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 08:29:53 AM »
A 2 country idea for the MA svcks.

Population scenario: Rooks = 20 players, Knights = 22 players, Bishops = 40 players.

Switch from Bishops to Rooks =  earn 20 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Bishops to Knights =  earn 18 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Knights to Rooks =  earn 2 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Knights to Bishop = costs 18 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Rooks to Knights =  costs 2 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Rooks to Bishops =  costs 20 perks and a 6 hour wait to switch again.

Why keep the wait time? To keep a player from farming excessive perks every time the balance shifts.

What warning box pops up in the O Club when you select a switch to another side?

"Switching to ______ will result in a loss of ______ perk points and a 6 hour wait to switch again. Yes/No?"

or

"Switching to ______ will result in earning _______ perk points but you will have a six hour wait to switch again. Yes/No?"

Oh, and reinstitute the original ENY equipment penalties.

*ShruG*

My version of having HiTech nanny code the game further (which is a shame but ..... ). SMDH  :D

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 08:32:43 AM »
Why not just roll back the AcesHigh "rules" clock back to 2006 when the game was at its peak and see if that steers us back onto up and up. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 08:38:53 AM »
Up until recently (the ENY disablement to see how positive/negative an effect that had) wasn't the AH 'rules' essentially the 2006 version?  :aok

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 02:50:28 PM »
Next to go should be the kiddie timer preventing  side switching

If I wanted to switch countries every sortie I should be able to

Always thought that rule was childish

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 02:53:16 PM »
Wait .... you think ENY is permanently gone? As in disabling it was a huge success:rofl

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 03:31:47 PM »
Why not just roll back the AcesHigh "rules" clock back to 2006 when the game was at its peak and see if that steers us back onto up and up. :old:

Your off by 3 years.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 04:49:22 PM »
Your off by 3 years.

My mind isn't as sharp as it once was  :embarrassed:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho