Author Topic: experiences trying to balance teams  (Read 3879 times)

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
Re: experiences trying to balance teams
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 03:55:47 PM »
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug; I never change teams, ever. I get just as much pleasure out of denying a field take from a hord as I do taking a field.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 04:04:08 PM by lutrel »
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 04:15:21 PM »
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug; I never change teams, ever. I get just as much pleasure out of denying a field take from a hord as I do taking a field.

Every player's prerogative.  :old:

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2020, 05:35:42 PM »
HT should remove the timer on side changes IMO

Dont think the spy switching side worry should be that big a concern - sounds childish to me

Who is going to bother with that?

Who should care if a player switches side every sortie?

Is that going to ruin or change the game?

It might turn out to be a blast

Eagler

I’d imagine from what I read on 200 on listen on range that most wouldn’t have a problem with making 1-2 hours down from 6hours.

However, near zero, none I’d imagine would be cool with switch whenever you like - that would literally null out using the CV to take bases....

I do like the suggestion of encouraging players to switch sides and get perks for it when the game is very unbalanced, i.e. 8-12 on one country and well over double on the other two.
—— if this were to ever actually happen it’d be great to see a choice of where the perks go, like switch for 10 perks and be able to choose GV or FTR (who needs bomber perks :headscratch:).
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2020, 11:31:55 PM »
HT should remove the timer on side changes IMO

Dont think the spy switching side worry should be that big a concern - sounds childish to me

Who is going to bother with that?

Who should care if a player switches side every sortie?

Is that going to ruin or change the game?

It might turn out to be a blast

Eagler

At least down to an hour or two.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2020, 05:33:38 PM »

All sides are outnumbered sometimes.... 

I think the bigger problem is when two teams Dogpile on one, and don't bother fighting each other. Even when both sides are well past 20% of bases they need.

Maybe a coding change that prevents the two larger populations from taking more than one base from any one side in a row... the least populated team gets to take whatever they can get their hands on.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 05:59:18 PM »
Wait, is one side being attacked by two opponents on a three sided map unfair?  :old:

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 07:00:33 PM »

Wait, is one side being attacked by two opponents on a three sided map unfair?

It may feel that way... if you are the one, especially if both of them outnumber you anyway.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 11:09:45 PM »
When I switch I have never been seen as a traitor or spy. Just always welcomed by friends.

Another post that discredits a VALID and observed point from ye ol Shuffler himself. How many is that now? 3k+ posts from you where your experience doesnt fit with anothers... How many years now shuff you been at this?

The house done burnt down and shuff still here telling us "we just tryin to stay warm."

"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 11:18:29 PM »
Another post that discredits a VALID and observed point from ye ol Shuffler himself. How many is that now? 3k+ posts from you where your experience doesnt fit with anothers... How many years now shuff you been at this?

The house done burnt down and shuff still here telling us "we just tryin to stay warm."

been playing knights for a couple of years, i don't remember the last time somebody was called a spy when I'm playing.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 06:14:32 AM »
Been knights this week and the last couple of times you could not get into a fight unless you flew at least two sectors out

Rook and bishops so busy fighting each other neither could be bothered to up for an incoming knight.

Boring as hell...

If it stays this way maybe we need an external fly by view like in IL2 so we have something to do in between fights.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2020, 07:14:12 AM »

Keep whining about no one will give you the ball. How about try to get better and quit whining all the time. Try growing up.

You complain about something and think everyone feels the same..... you are just wrong. Don't be ignorant.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 07:16:59 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2020, 08:58:06 AM »

I think the bigger problem is when two teams Dogpile on one, and don't bother fighting each other. Even when both sides are well past 20% of bases they need.

Maybe a coding change that prevents the two larger populations from taking more than one base from any one side in a row... the least populated team gets to take whatever they can get their hands on.

CAV

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,401652.0.html
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2020, 09:38:57 AM »

CAV

There have been a couple of recent good suggestions on possible ways to approach this issue.  Will depend on the powers that be to test them, if possible.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2020, 04:12:44 PM »
Keep whining about no one will give you the ball. How about try to get better and quit whining all the time. Try growing up.

You complain about something and think everyone feels the same..... you are just wrong. Don't be ignorant.
huh? Brother i was brought up by the likes of vDallas and Jarbo. There's no crying in AH and if you screw up your assignment your nothing but a distraction.... at least thats how they felt. I grew up pretty  darn fast in this small chunk of cyber world many years ago.

But for the OP and hundreds like him it is extremely discouraging to go through what they do. All in the name of balance.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2020, 04:41:50 PM »
Brother i was brought up by the likes of vDallas and Jarbo.