Author Topic: After Yesterday’s Oculus Rift Update.....  (Read 1010 times)

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
After Yesterday’s Oculus Rift Update.....
« on: November 15, 2020, 08:57:12 PM »
......the oculus software wants me to sign in.  So, with the cursor flashing on the email line, there’s no input when typing with my keyboard.  Of course, there’s an option to sign in with Facebook.  So, I tried that.  Still no input when typing.  So, I select Help, I am directed to the oculus support website where I can’t get anything to type in there either.

Yes, the keyboard is typing normally in anything not oculus connected.   It appears that anything that contains oculus is prohibiting any keyboard input.  I also put the headset on to try getting in that way, and a menu wanting me to sign in pops up.

Earlier today, I received an oculus email advertising a game which I signed in for, entered my credit card info, purchased, and then signed out.

I’m confused and out of ideas. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: After Yesterday’s Oculus Rift Update.....
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 08:25:05 AM »
So, any ideas what’s going on to cause this?  Could the update be the culprit or is it something else?

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 09:39:08 AM »
Puma I saw your post but honestly haven't even turned on my PC to check. Having some work done at the house in that room so everything is unplugged - - just in case. I'll try to get on and see if any updates come thru and let you know if I'm having any issues. As of Friday night into early Saturday morning it was fine.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 10:06:29 AM »
Thanks Drano!  This problem was non existent before the recent update.  Another one of those “I don’t know what I don’t know” events. 

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »
OK Puma, just checked. I'm not showing any updates to the Oculus software on my RiftS since 21 days ago when I got v23 (v23.0.0.43.517 to be exact). I'm on FW v2.2.0 and in the PTC so that's prolly why it's been so long without an update. If you're not, that would explain why you just got it in the last few days. Naturally, this update only contained things for the Quest which has been par for the course over the last year. :bhead

Anyway, I opened AH and was able to edit the login creds with both my PC keyboard and the VR keyboard in the game without issue.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 11:35:28 AM »
Thanks for checking Drano!  My system is a Rift.  As I remember, the update was issued a couple weeks before noticing there was one available. 

Yeah, I mystified that there’s no keyboard entry when “oculus” is mentioned anywhere on the page.  I was able to update my oculus payment info with a virtual keyboard from my security software.