Author Topic: The 2000 Yard Stare Thomas Calloway Lea III  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: The 2000 Yard Stare Thomas Calloway Lea III
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2020, 09:58:23 AM »
and “......not depend on other people to protect you.”
....and not tell them they are heroes for protecting you.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2020, 10:55:32 AM »
....and not tell them they are heroes for protecting you.

We are talking about folks going out in public. Not war, or police.... at least that is what I am talking about.

People want everyone else to do what they want... they are free to stay home or go to work. Their choice.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2020, 11:42:29 AM »
All business is essential or they wouldn't be in business to begin with.

It reminds of a Twilight Zone episode I saw the other day, where the state deemed people obsolete and would put them to death if they didn't have careers that were needed. It was a good one.

Dont worry, Its all in order to "build back better".

Bubbling and seething beneath the surface, eh? Best to stick to the original topic.  :old:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2020, 11:49:36 AM »
We are talking about folks going out in public. Not war, or police.... at least that is what I am talking about.

People want everyone else to do what they want... they are free to stay home or go to work. Their choice.

Because it only affects the people that believe in infection and not those that don't?  I dunno, man. That kinda 'magical' thinking hasn't helped to flatten the curve so far and blaming the scientists, the doctors, the dead and the dying for restricting civil liberty seems a bit extreme. Plagues are recorded and studied in history. :old:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2020, 12:04:40 PM »
Because it only affects the people that believe in infection and not those that don't?  I dunno, man. That kinda 'magical' thinking hasn't helped to flatten the curve so far and blaming the scientists, the doctors, the dead and the dying for restricting civil liberty seems a bit extreme. Plagues are recorded and studied in history. :old:

In a free society we have a choice....
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2020, 12:11:33 PM »
In a free society we have a choice....

In a free society you only have so much choice. Speed limits, seatbelt laws, hunting licenses, not being allowed to kill your neighbor through neglectful act or malice, you know, all those inconveniences kinda get in the way of some people's 'choices.'

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2020, 12:38:10 PM »
In a free society you only have so much choice. Speed limits, seatbelt laws, hunting licenses, not being allowed to kill your neighbor through neglectful act or malice, you know, all those inconveniences kinda get in the way of some people's 'choices.'

None of those are being overstepped. If you are sick, act like you are sick and do not put yourself in a.position of catching covid. Same if you are scared.

If you do not like peanuts or are allergic to them, you can't stop everyone else from enjoying them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2020, 12:59:32 PM »
None of those are being overstepped. If you are sick, act like you are sick and do not put yourself in a.position of catching covid. Same if you are scared.

If you do not like peanuts or are allergic to them, you can't stop everyone else from enjoying them.

Do not put myself in a position? My oldest step son lives in this small apartment with me and my wife and he works at a grocery store - essential worker. The locals don't take the pandemic any more seriously than you and go to the grocery store without masks or with masks hanging below their noses or strapped to their chins. As a result, this community has seen an explosion in infection rate and death rate with the hospitals exceeding capacity (and this city has four large hospitals and is the hub for the surrounding communities). My wife goes out more than I do to do essential chores around those same type of people. My being infected with Covid19 in a 'society' that takes no precautions for the sake of others in inevitable. As it is for others more compromised than me who live in homes for the elderly or who are presently having to take immunotherapy or chemotherapy.

It won't be me that puts myself in that position. It won't be the frail grandmother that puts herself in that position. It'll be people much like you who have a problem correlating privilege with responsibility.

Anyway, this exchange really is a waste of time. As Forrest Gump would say, 'That's all I have to say about that.' Take care and stay well, my friend.  :aok

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2020, 02:48:45 PM »
Bubbling and seething beneath the surface, eh? Best to stick to the original topic.  :old:

Some of us are aware that we are being treated like prisoners in our own country who are being psychologically tortured in order to submit to an agenda.

That picture will be America in a few years. We will not submit.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »
Some of us are aware that we are being treated like prisoners in our own country who are being psychologically tortured in order to submit to an agenda.

That picture will be America in a few years. We will not submit.

keep it up and soon you will get the thousand yard stare.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2020, 03:16:39 PM »
Happened to see this today.

(Image removed from quote.)

HiTech

Thank you for sharing, HiTech :salute

P.S Happy Thanksgiving HiTech and everyone else in the U.S.
Be safe!
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2020, 03:33:19 PM »
Uhh what does Budweiser do that is essential?

If they’re involved in something other than producing alcohol...then maybe

Sorry but alcohol is not essential and one of the most abused drugs on the planet and ruined 100’s of millions of human lives through mankind

Blasphemy!!!
 :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2020, 03:39:26 PM »
https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/brochures-and-fact-sheets/alcohol-facts-and-statistics

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/alcohol-related-deaths-increasing-united-states

Just a “few” statistics to think about...

Lost two friends in the past year to drinking themselves to death. I see a 3rd trying really hard as I write this.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2020, 03:45:15 PM »
Do not put myself in a position? My oldest step son lives in this small apartment with me and my wife and he works at a grocery store - essential worker. The locals don't take the pandemic any more seriously than you and go to the grocery store without masks or with masks hanging below their noses or strapped to their chins. As a result, this community has seen an explosion in infection rate and death rate with the hospitals exceeding capacity (and this city has four large hospitals and is the hub for the surrounding communities). My wife goes out more than I do to do essential chores around those same type of people. My being infected with Covid19 in a 'society' that takes no precautions for the sake of others in inevitable. As it is for others more compromised than me who live in homes for the elderly or who are presently having to take immunotherapy or chemotherapy.

It won't be me that puts myself in that position. It won't be the frail grandmother that puts herself in that position. It'll be people much like you who have a problem correlating privilege with responsibility.

Anyway, this exchange really is a waste of time. As Forrest Gump would say, 'That's all I have to say about that.' Take care and stay well, my friend.  :aok

Are you sure it was not the hundreds or thousands that were burning cars and businesses?

I take care of my In-Laws....... I do not expect others to. Still your choice to go out in public or not.

OH and I wear a bandana IF I go in any place that requires a face covering...... that even though face coverings have been shown to not work.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2020, 04:09:23 PM »

Are you sure it was not the hundreds or thousands that were burning cars and businesses?

I take care of my In-Laws....... I do not expect others to. Still your choice to go out in public or not.

OH and I wear a bandana IF I go in any place that requires a face covering...... that even though face coverings have been shown to not work.

Exactly.

And doctors and nurses in China were getting sick in full PPE from head to toe, nurses and doctors in America screaming they dont have enough PPE. Yet somehow a lil ole mask is going to save all of us 'regular' folk.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion