Author Topic: ENY removal experiment  (Read 3927 times)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Re: ENY removal experiment
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 05:03:33 PM »
Why not keep eny, but change a few of the eny values of a few planes and vehicles.  I'm not advocating placing a higher eny value on all the uber planes and vehicles, but say a couple to keep both sides somewhat happy.  Just a thought that could be tried and implemented to see how it works out.  Besides 2 countries kicking the crap out of the 3rd country, having no restraints on the most populated countries is like pouring gasoline on a fire.  Whether you are Bishop, Rook or Knight, you have experienced being rolled by the other two countries.  It's even worse when your country has a very low population and there is no eny.  I understand the frustration that a player has when their combat choices are limited due to eny.  I've experienced it many times in my 20 years or so in the game.  Taking my own situation aside, some sort of balance adjustment is both good and fair for every country.  That is why I am proposing some slight changes in just a couple of the eny values of planes and vehicles.

Cheers,   One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 05:15:46 PM »
 I liked the ENY,  but thought it should be stronger,   if it werent for ENY I would never have tried the G2 or D11

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 05:33:51 PM »

This and maybe reset the players perk Points each campaign or maybe even each new map.
CAV

The flood of tears would require an ark

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 06:21:49 PM »
I may be wrong, but years ago weren’t perk points reset after each campaign?

Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Online CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 06:38:35 PM »

Funny part is the most crying will come largely from players who can't find a reason to spend them anyway.... :frown:

CAV

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 08:00:49 PM »
Sad to see good sticks in uber planes - it can't help new players stick around

Agreed.

But then...they pay their money to fly whatever they want to fly, whenever they want to fly it, whoever they want to fly it with...

- oldman (have a little self-respect, you lame geezers)

Online CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2020, 10:20:45 AM »

But then...they pay their money to fly whatever they want to fly, whenever they want to fly it, whoever they want to fly it with...

Is that what they are paying for.......... I don't see that on the AcesHigh web page. I always believed I was paying for this...

Aces High is a massive multi-player online combat simulation centered around the World War II air-war.

I've been in combat... I didn't have all equipment i needed.... No one ask me where I would like to fight at, they pointed at the map... and  most of the people around me, I didn't know very well. That's the way real Combat felt to me.  :joystick:

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2020, 01:09:41 PM »

Agreed.

- oldman (have a little self-respect, you lame geezers)

I guess its about using the right tool for the job.  I see a lot of late war speed n cannon mongers flying around in hoardes that would be effective if they were in midwar birds.  I tend to get out the faster more uber planes when im going into a planned tricky situation.  It does nothing for my gaming experience to beat the snot out of guys trying to bust a cap with a tempest.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2020, 03:49:23 PM »
I may be wrong, but years ago weren’t perk points reset after each campaign?

Goat

Don't recall that ever being the case.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »

Same here.

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 08:49:55 PM »

Ok, must be old age catching up with me.  :old:

Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 09:33:04 PM »
Ok, must be old age catching up with me.  :old:

Goat

Join the club.... you old goat you.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2020, 12:59:13 AM »
Too me it seems that fights last a bit longer?  Meaning I dont see as dramatic, of swings in player numbers, as before this new ENY environment. A Horde would form and numbers would go wonky...then ENY would stifle the fight!
  First day or 2 ,it was mainly a lot of 262s and 234s, but of late, seems the Base, of old standard rides? Still see a rise in 262 use and Tempests, but not THAT many more? Still see Spit 16s, Pony d's and their like, about the same#s, and still seems more 190-ds and Yak-3s, as per normal? I like it!  :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2020, 11:05:59 AM »
I don't think there is much change in gameplay. If anything it lets the maps rotate much faster.
I see a lot of perks being burned up, and not a bad thing. Most of the big perk rides have been coming from the "newer" players from what I noticed.

I never minded ENY, for or against. Just drove me nuts when you had hangar queens that were not in flight spiking up ENYU while you still get rolled by other teams.
I REALLY want to see the country switch times to be toned down much less (at most 2 hours). Other than the "spies" why is there a 12 hour switch time implemented?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline dieter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2020, 03:23:30 PM »
I like the way the gameplay has been since eny has gone away.  I don't have any statistics, but the game seems to be a lot better for me.  Fights are more prevalent, and seem to be more long standing.  I would only ask for two more things.  Get rid of night, I think it is universally hated by almost all of us older players who like to be able to see. And second, if side switching is to prevent cheaters?  Make NOE mean nobody can see the dar bar or planes on any side, and the second second,  :x let side switching happen every 10 minutes.  Then as numbers change and fights die out on one front, we can switch sides to an area that has a fight raging and not have to try to stir something up. 

ULDieter