Author Topic: I guess basic troubleshooting skills are gone  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: I guess basic troubleshooting skills are gone
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 07:00:58 AM »
New motherboard is better with a fresh install instead of trying to update old drivers IMO

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 09:18:17 AM »
did that. been checking around it looks like Samsung magician has a tendency to ignore some drives specially newer ones.

I think the problem is the cable itself, think it's a sata 2. problem is finding asata 3. going hunting right now,, see if there's a computer repair shop open.

semp

I'm guessing that you updated Samsung Magician software to latest version?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 01:46:37 PM »
There's no difference between SATA1, SATA 2 and SATA3 cables other than the locking clip. The data transfer rates are identical.

then i have no explation why when i connected it to the only sata 3 cable i have data transfer rate hit max.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 01:53:42 PM »
then i have no explation why when i connected it to the only sata 3 cable i have data transfer rate hit max.

semp
Old cables can loose their transfering capacity if they oxidize or are tightly bent. I once had a record player that lost the other channel after a couple of years. I changed the cable and in a couple of years the same happened. The cable was of the cheap looking black RCA type and it broke inside the box where it was bent into a tight S between poles that served as a strain relief.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2020, 12:09:01 AM »
Over the years I have used Laplink PCMover  to clone old machines to new machines. I even cloned Windows 7 Pro machines to Windows 10 Pro machines. It allows you to chose what programs and files to move. It gives you reports on what will move successfully, what might have issues, and what will not move successfully. It works great. I have never had a clone fail using that software.

It works with direct link or over wifi.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 11:40:46 PM »
Old cables can loose their transfering capacity if they oxidize or are tightly bent. I once had a record player that lost the other channel after a couple of years. I changed the cable and in a couple of years the same happened. The cable was of the cheap looking black RCA type and it broke inside the box where it was bent into a tight S between poles that served as a strain relief.

you are right, maybe, doesnt matter.  removed both cables I have owned for maybe 7 years, installed a new sata3 and I get full speed on my new ssd.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2020, 01:01:57 AM »
Glad you got it sorted  :aok
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2020, 09:01:29 PM »
when I lost every single picture i had. I started backing up. back up . back up. backup. I still have clay tablets that i backed up my first ruminations on astrology on.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2020, 02:40:40 AM »