Author Topic: 2020 King Of The Hill Tournament Of Champions  (Read 2861 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
2020 King Of The Hill Tournament Of Champions
« on: November 21, 2020, 09:08:18 PM »
Getting close and wondering if you made the list?? No not Santa's list  :uhoh    The Tournament Of Champions list of course    :aok
I generally do make a mistake so give it a once or twice over and see if I did or not, there's always hope    :bolt:
I know way back when Covid19 got wabbit status there was a discussion about this handle in the TOC but it was water under the bridge then. The handle is NOT open so can't exclude it although I thought I was going to be.

Tournament Of Champions list of reservations; winners and wabbits of 2020
Covid19, Eagler, HORRIDO1, JeffN, Krupnski, Lazer, Limbo0, Pacifis2, Rud3boi, Sawzaw, Simon, Sukov, ULDutchV, Violator, Wiley.

January 2021 does have 5 Saturdays in it so I guess we have a bigger than usual window of opportunity for the TOC date. I usually go 2nd Saturday and then get the regular KOTH in the 3rd but I suppose we can get the TOC in the 2nd or 3rd Saturday and still have a couple Saturdays to get the regular one in.
Have any preference for the TOC date and time? Sooner you speak up the greater your chance of it having an effect.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: 2020 King Of The Hill Tournament Of Champions
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 07:30:51 PM »
I'm thinking the 15th might work best for TOC?

Maybe the 22nd or 29th for the regular koth.

:airplane:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 10:30:10 AM »
Any day if fine with me

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 12:24:12 PM »
I'm thinking the 15th might work best for TOC?

Maybe the 22nd or 29th for the regular koth.

:airplane:

On my calender those are Frydays or am I missing something?  January 2021 correct?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 06:25:13 PM »
On my calender those are Frydays or am I missing something?  January 2021 correct?

Oh damnit, looked at the wrong column lol. Shift those dates forward a day.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »
I've always had it 2nd Saturday but we have space this year so going a week later I think as of now with
TOC 16 January  and KOTH 23 January , and as of now there are no conflicts with other events.

If anyone is interested in working with a tough old geezer like me running KOTH in 2021 feel free to submit an application.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 05:41:51 PM »
Submitted Saturday 23 January 2021 in SEA II at 3 pm ET. With the holidays I guess I'm a bit more behind than usual on scheduling.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 09:49:21 AM »
Should not have named this what it is, now the conundrum sets in and do I add the Oh-phicial information here or start a new thread. Going with here, and more importantly as times a wastin..., now. Thusly.....

Official 2020 KOTH TOC Information
Well 2020 has ended so the event we've all been waiting for is coming up this month; well, at least 15 or 20 of us. The 2020 King Of The Hill Tournament Of Champions will be held 16 January 2021 at 3pm ET in SEA II. Our first chariot of battle will be a flying cannon, the Bf 110G-2 chosen by last years winner ULDutchieV.
This is an invitation only event to fly in as you have had to win or qualify as a wabbit to get that invitation during the 2020 season. If you didn't qualify we have our first regular event next Saturday and you can try to get one then. Onlookers will be allowed and CM Eye will be enabled as long as they are not a distraction to the event.
Players who qualified for this years TOC are: Covid19, Eagler, HORRIDO1, JeffN, Krupnski, Lazer, Limbo0, Owl, Pacifis2, Rud3boi, Sawzaw, Simon, Sukov, train45, ULDutchV, Violator, Wiley.

Winner will receive three free months of Aces High.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
2020 is not over yet!!! The Best is yet to come.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 03:56:40 PM »
<SNIP>
Official 2020 KOTH TOC Information
Well 2020 has ended so the event we've all been waiting for is coming up this month; well, at least 15 or 20 of us. The 2020 King Of The Hill Tournament Of Champions will be held 16 January 2021 at 3pm ET in SEA II. Our first chariot of battle will be a flying cannon, the Bf 110G-2 chosen by last years winner ULDutchieV.
This is an invitation only event to fly in as you have had to win or qualify as a wabbit to get that invitation during the 2020 season. If you didn't qualify we have our first regular event next Saturday and you can try to get one then. Onlookers will be allowed and CM Eye will be enabled as long as they are not a distraction to the event.
Players who qualified for this years TOC are: Covid19, Eagler, HORRIDO1, JeffN, Krupnski, Lazer, Limbo0, Owl, Pacifis2, Rud3boi, Sawzaw, Simon, Sukov, train45, ULDutchV, Violator, Wiley.

Winner will receive three free months of Aces High.

Exactly what it says, the best is yet to come referring to 2020 with the TOC coming in one week. In fact we might be wrapping it up, getting ready for the next round, or maybe KNOW who won the Tournament and who wont get billed for three months  :aok  :aok  :aok   One for each month  :D

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 04:06:10 PM »
Oh yes, CM Eye will be enabled for spectators if they want to see the cream of the crop have some great dog fights. Well from the crop of people who attend KOTH   :)
If they are not a distraction, ie: text or VOX too much among a couple of things, spectators will be allowed.
If you do plan to spectate, now would be the time to get CM Eye working and make sure you are familiar with using it. I use it every month but it still takes me a time or three to get my rhythm down and get smooth using it and following people in a fight.

This should give you a head start in setting it up and what I have on my KOTH arena message:
*Use CM-eye [F5] mode to enjoy the action after you die!*
You may have to set up CM-Eye for it to work, here's how.
There are a few ways of course but it is easier to set up
a 'Mode 3' and use your joystick buttons and throttle.
1) Go into Options > Controls > Map Controllers
2) Open the Mode Selection menu, select 'Mode 3'
3) Hit the 'Copy Mode 1' button
NOTE>> you may very well want to use different keys than the following. These are just examples. <<<
4) Select Button 0, set to 'View CM Eye Move Forward'
5) Select Button 1, set to 'View CM Eye Move Backward'
6)Select Button 2, set to 'View CM Eye Move Map'(optional)
7) Go to 'Map Keys' and set an available key to
select Mode 3.
I personally set it to the * on the keypad.
However, there are other keys you can use.

CM Eye should now work.
Hit F5 from the Tower, then your key to enter Mode 3.
Joystick buttons 0, 1 and 2 will move you around in CM Eye.
Your throttle controls how fast you move.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 2020 is not over yet!!! The Best is yet to come.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 11:15:09 AM »
Exactly what it says, the best is yet to come referring to 2020 with the TOC coming in one week. In fact we might be wrapping it up, getting ready for the next round, or maybe KNOW who won the Tournament and who wont get billed for three months  :aok  :aok  :aok   One for each month  :D

Saturday will end the 2020 KOTH season, chump or champ???
Said with some humor, KOTHers are NOT chumps, excluding the host :D

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 06:26:43 PM »
Thoughts on this, I'd have to keep attendance, but what do you think of 'attend every KOTH and get into the TOC' invitation?
If there ends up being more than one, they can fly a round to pick a winner or maybe random number to just narrow it to one.

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 08:32:33 PM »
Thoughts on this, I'd have to keep attendance, but what do you think of 'attend every KOTH and get into the TOC' invitation?

I like it
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 12:09:44 PM »
I have not been doing anything related to AH. Did the yearly Koth already happened or am i still in time? I totally forgot :uhoh

Dutch
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 12:42:37 PM »
I have not been doing anything related to AH. Did the yearly Koth already happened or am i still in time? I totally forgot :uhoh

Dutch
This weekend!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com