Author Topic: 2020 King Of The Hill Tournament Of Champions  (Read 2972 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: 2020 King Of The Hill Tournament Of Champions
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 01:05:33 PM »
The winner, the rabbits and anyone with x number of kills should be invited to the TOC IMO

This would add pilots and make it more of a spectator event.

See you Saturday!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 02:21:43 PM »
I have not been doing anything related to AH. Did the yearly Koth already happened or am i still in time? I totally forgot :uhoh

Dutch

Forget to read the first few posts too ??? Yes, I'm picking on you.
You snapped out of  :old: just in time to  :joystick: and  :airplane: this weekend.

Related to Attendance Entry- This would have to be narrowed down also as I don't think we want a guy showing up for round 1 and leaving every KOTH and getting into the TOC. I wouldn't want it to be attend and get a kill either as we all know sometimes it just works out that way and it's a tough night. They would I assume have to be there for the majority of the event or say 1/2 the rounds that KOTH lasted and participate opposed to just showing up. Also, KOTH CMs, referring to me I guess, would not be allowed entry for hosting every event of the year.
Kills are tricky and are NOT accurate. Unfortunately there is a little bit of Melee still there when a person gets shot down. A few still try and get down on the ground and ditch opposed to giving credit to the guy who shot you down. I've commented during the event about this and even included something in a Results post too IIRC.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2021, 06:16:14 AM »
Not everyone with a kill would get an invite but those with highest percentages from a KOTH

The winner and rabbits have the highest kills so pick the next two highest killers for a TOC invite

Or keep it as is...

<S>

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2021, 01:43:42 PM »
Last year I can remember a time or two where the person with the most kills did not get wabbit status or the win, maybe in that situation let them in?
And with TOC, I think we invite plenty of people to have a good event, say 20 people or so [ be reasonable fuze, say more than 12 ], but it's attendance that hurts it.

But more immediately, I know what I'll be doing 24 hours from now  :D
Waiting patiently for the invitees to show up for the 2020 KOTH TOC in SEA II  :aok :rock :aok :rock
 Hours of great  :joystick: and  :airplane:  with some people feeling like :bhead   or  :ahand and maybe  :neener: not to mention  :furious and hopefully NO  :noid
but I'll be there to  :police: things so we all have a  :rofl TOC.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2021, 07:59:43 AM »
Thanks fuzeman!

<S>

Eagler

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
2020 Ends today sometime after 3 pm
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2021, 08:14:02 AM »
Well hopefully in less than 12 hours we will know the 2020 King Of The Hill Tournament Champion.
If not we’ll be working on it and I’ll have drunk too much coffee to sleep tonight.

If you don’t have an invitation to this year’s event you can start trying to get yours next Saturday night when we start the 2021 season <S>

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: 2020 Ends today sometime after 3 pm
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2021, 12:06:13 PM »
Well hopefully in less than 12 hours we will know the 2020 King Of The Hill Tournament Champion.
If not we’ll be working on it and I’ll have drunk too much coffee to sleep tonight.

If you don’t have an invitation to this year’s event you can start trying to get yours next Saturday night when we start the 2021 season <S>

Woot woot! I am excited!! Make a post about it on the main discussion forum.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 2020 Ends today sometime after 3 pm
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2021, 01:04:12 PM »
Woot woot! I am excited!! Make a post about it on the main discussion forum.

This has been discussed as was the Melee arena message. Being an invitation required event there is that line of announcing an event some people cant participate in. That might not go over well with some so I limit my TOC stuff to just 906 announcements just like any event, and KOTH related areas.
That's just me :uhoh :headscratch: :old:

I can't stop or wouldn't try to stop anyone else from doing so.  :aok :rock

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2022, 07:41:39 PM »
Apologies to KOTHers, Lazer and HiTech for not noticing this much sooner and bringing up a necro-post.
In my defense it is the results to the TOC so it has relevance and importance for the record. As far as a necro-post it pales in comparison to a recent 20 year old one.

Here are the official results for the 2020 KOTH TOC, finally.
The 2020 TOC lasted about ninety minutes and a half dozen rounds were flown. We had six pilots attend and a pair of wabbits.
Congratulations were given to Lazer for being the baddest wabbit there -{S}- The P-38G was chosen for next year which is the reason I noticed this wasn't up yet as it's coming up fast.

Round by round results:
1} Lazer in a Bf 110G-2
2} Violator in a Ki-61-Tei
3} Lazer in a P-40E   {Wabbit}
4} Violator in a C.202   {Wabbit}
5} JeffN in a Bf 109F-4
6} Lazer wins in a FM2

Lazer does earn an automatic reservation to the 2021 KOTH TOC.
Logs can be found at http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs