Author Topic: References for a course of treatment for Covid  (Read 11054 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
References for a course of treatment for Covid
« on: November 25, 2020, 09:05:17 PM »
After infection:  daily aspirin, daily zinc, course of doxycycline, course of Ivermectin.

Various references:

https://youtu.be/cxmhvZ6eEI4?t=545
From Dr. Peter A. McCullough, Vice Chairman of Internal Medicine, Baylor University Medical Center.  They use this course of treatment and feel that it works very well.  They see three stages that lead to problems with Covid.  First is viral replication, of course.  Ivermectin, zinc, and doxycycline are for that.  Second, for some people, inflammatory processes get out of hand (cytokine storm).  Aspirin as an anti-inflammatory can help with that.  If a person is in a hospital, steriods can be a yet more-powerful help (prednisone).  Third, some people progress to having microthrombosis (micro blood clots, such as in the lungs and other organs, which is what leads to lung and other organ damage in some people).  Aspirin is a mild anticoagulant that can help.  If a person is in a hospital, then other blood thinners that are yet more powerful can be used (warfarin, etc.).

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2020-08-19/ivermectin-triple-therapy-protocol-for-covid-19-to-australian-gp <--- being promoted by Dr. Thomas Borody, who developed the main treatment in the world for ulcers.  This reference contains links to various other references.

-----------------------------

Also, daily vitamin D supplement looks to be very useful in prevention and reduction of problems if infected.  There are lots of references for that.

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
Re: References for a course of treatment for Covid
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 09:11:21 PM »
take vitamin d and stay away from sick people

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 10:16:50 AM »
Seems this thing is a seven headed beast eh?

Not to mention once / when/ after you get it you now have the dreaded "pre existing condition" which means insurance will be ridiculous going foward

And I thought my meds for my stents are a pita lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 08:12:42 AM »
over dose of vitamin d will not help.  you just do not want to be deficient.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-science-idUSKBN2872LH

really good topic here.  with lack of fda approval, we are on our own to get the best care possible.

:salute

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 09:04:39 PM »
Taking a high dose of vitamin D (5000iu or more a day) requires supplementation with vitamin K2.  Vitamin K helps transport blood calcium into the appropriate tissues.  High doses of viamin D can cause hypercalcemia.  Too much vitamin D can cause kidney stones.

That being said, vitamin D is such a potent immune system agonist, that it even causes the palms of your hands to produces antimicrobial peptides.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 01:32:15 AM »
Taking a high dose of vitamin D (5000iu or more a day) requires supplementation with vitamin K2.  Vitamin K helps transport blood calcium into the appropriate tissues.  High doses of viamin D can cause hypercalcemia.  Too much vitamin D can cause kidney stones.

That being said, vitamin D is such a potent immune system agonist, that it even causes the palms of your hands to produces antimicrobial peptides.

Awesome

:salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 01:53:53 AM »
And you can make your own vitamin D just by being out in the sunshine.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 02:53:45 AM »
I read somewhere if you are north of St Louis, you can lay outside naked all winter and not get enough uv to create optimal D levels.

Some theorized the less pigment in some people's skin help them through difficult disease pressure.  A interesting concept when also applied to the current pandemic.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 03:01:33 AM »
Just for fyi, vitamin d tablets must be converted in the kidney into the active form. So you need to have taken your pills and built sufficient levels at least 3 days before infection. Possibly one week before symptoms.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 04:34:12 AM »
Just for fyi, vitamin d tablets must be converted in the kidney into the active form. So you need to have taken your pills and built sufficient levels at least 3 days before infection. Possibly one week before symptoms.

dont forget vampires are normally vitamin d deficient.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 05:40:34 AM »
I read somewhere if you are north of St Louis, you can lay outside naked all winter and not get enough uv to create optimal D levels.

Some theorized the less pigment in some people's skin help them through difficult disease pressure.  A interesting concept when also applied to the current pandemic.

I am on a weekly prescription dose of 50,000 IU of vitamin D and I work outside, and it is still way under the minimum required levels every time I have labs drawn. I have yet been able to increase the levels no matter what I do. Dr cant figure out why
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 09:00:21 PM »
dont forget vampires are normally vitamin d deficient.

semp

That's why I take a daily supplement.  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 09:02:50 PM »
I don't take more than 100% rda vitamin D.  Many vitamins are water soluble, so if you take too much, you piss out what your body doesn't need.  Vitamin D is fat soluble and builds up in you if you take too much.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2020, 05:34:20 PM »

How's that?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2020, 07:13:45 PM »
Because vitamin d deficiency is correlated with worse outcome from covid infection.  In the old days, the only source of vitamin d was the sun.  We now know if a person is north of st Louis vitamin d can not be made sufficiently in the winter.  So there is a gradiant that moves with the sun where more or less vitamin d can be made.  Any other factor limiting vitamin d production would add to this problem.