Author Topic: Could it finally be time??  (Read 2416 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Could it finally be time??
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 09:53:21 PM »
Increase by decrease! Addition by subtraction. Growth by contraction! Welcome to the postage stamp world of Aces High (because the map changes actually made it harder to find a fight?).  :old:

:D

I dont know if your trying to be funny, or you just like to go out of your way to be and arrogant a s s and talk down to anyone with an idea? :headscratch:

You may not remember but in the old days we had maps like....

beta 3
baltic
mesaview
Mindnao
SFMA

All SMALL maps. the reason they went to larger maps was because we had an explosion of players and the maps were too small to hold all those players. Funny thing, we are back to those smaller numbers and yet still are stuck playing on maps that are too big to generate the fighting/interaction that makes the game fun.

Get off your high horse and look at some of these ideas objectively instead of the biased view of the resident "brown nose"

oh and by the way, I dont care what your reply is, not going to bother.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 10:09:38 PM »
Don't get your feelings hurt.  :old:

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2020, 04:17:03 AM »
Good topic.

Small maps only, new and old.
Replace Unobtanium armor on Yak3, and B26 with something that actually were used during wwII.
Add more variant planes reusing graphics from existing one's, This topic has been posted before.
With small maps with small front, old radar can be reintroduced, or at least tweaked so you actually have to use situation awareness instead of instant AWAC's radar.
I do think this will re-interest old players into resubscribing again.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2020, 08:31:44 AM »
How many do you fly now?

While I have preferences (P-40 etc.), go back and check stats for X15 over the last several years.  I fly them all.

A few tours I'd start with the first plane then switch to the next after each kill.  Knowing your opponents plane well makes you more effective.

Furthermore, I try to fly them to the limits and document my findings.  Here are my notes: http://oracledba.help/app/ww2planes

Thanks.  :salute
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:36:46 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2020, 09:01:22 AM »
Plenty of planes already..most free planes in any online ww2 sim to date

Need more ppl to fly whats there now or make the maps smaller to concentrate the action

Eagler

Yeah, what he said!

I think we could really use some way to boost the player-base though. Many of us (me included) have made some posts in the previous months about ways to increase player base. While the addition of CAF Ghost Squadron was interesting, it doesn't appear to be a huge draw for new inbounds. Today's games have some great advertising. They also benefit from online/social media presence by active gamers. Smaller maps support the goal of intensifying the fights in the MA, and would really make for a 'faster' experience that I think modern gamers crave. It would also make it more attractive for social media/Twitch/FBLive/etc. streamers. Something to consider.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 09:04:26 AM by SpinDoc1 »
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2020, 09:18:22 AM »
While I have preferences (P-40 etc.), go back and check stats for X15 over the last several years.  I fly them all.

A few tours I'd start with the first plane then switch to the next after each kill.  Knowing your opponents plane well makes you more effective.

Furthermore, I try to fly them to the limits and document my findings.  Here are my notes: http://oracledba.help/app/ww2planes

Thanks.  :salute

Ok... how many do you need?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2020, 04:46:49 PM »
as much as i'd love to see some things, i'm grateful for the new 38 models 

former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2020, 10:59:12 AM »
as much as i'd love to see some things, i'm grateful for the new 38 models

Yes indeed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »
We have a lot of talented players here. Dale could you finally allow player content to be added to give you help with your stamp of approval of coarse.
new aircraft and vehicles would be lovely.

signed: A 20yr paying customer

20 years eh?  Nice. I've been paying since Jan of '08. I don't play as much as I used to (Post Scriptum and Steel Division II have most of my attention at the moment).
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2020, 09:21:07 AM »
I imagine there are quite a few of us still playing with 20 years.

How many other games do you think have 20 year vets?
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2020, 09:31:51 AM »
I remember getting $70/month bills from WarBirds, and then what a savings when I came to Aces High with its flat-rate of $30/month.   

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2020, 09:48:03 AM »
1942 warbirds on a 286 to SWOTL to fighter ace original to warbirds (those dots are way too small) back to fighter ace then into Aces High beta after seeing it in PC Gamer ( those dots are too small ) back to FA which had changrd and not as good..

Back to AH which was on tour 1 I believe then..tried them all since and still find this best for A2A against live folks

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals