Author Topic: Just an observation  (Read 4634 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Just an observation
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 12:03:20 PM »
:aok

Yes they certainly would!

logged in last night, small pizza, bishops were close to winning.  logged out, came back in later,  buzzsaw, 15 minutes all strats were already down, logged back out.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 12:45:18 PM »
Lusche: Have you ever computed the median kph?

HiTech

I could do that later for a couple of random tours from different epochs of AH.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
Average k/h in fighter mode for all tours I have data on:

Average and median k/h for the November tour of selected years (except for 2020, September was used instead):

Data used: Scores of all pilot ID's with at least one kill or death in a tour.
Avg = (sum of all kills in fighter mode in the arena) / (total time spent in fighter mode for all pilots)
Median=median of k/h from the pilot scores

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 03:43:58 PM »
Is this why some of you mainly play this game? for kills per hour? like it isn't worth your time if you don't get so many kills per hour? not worth the subscription price?

There are more than a few of the players from AH II coming back into the game. I see new players every day in the TA and the MA. 40% of those are sticking around INMO.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2020, 03:47:38 PM »
I play to retaliate against the trees.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2020, 03:48:44 PM »
Is this why some of you mainly play this game? for kills per hour? like it isn't worth your time if you don't get so many kills per hour? not worth the subscription price?

There are more than a few of the players from AH II coming back into the game. I see new players every day in the TA and the MA. 40% of those are sticking around INMO.

A decent amount of people, about all they ask for is some kind of active air battle on one of their fronts while they're on.  K/H when you fly mostly fighter is believed to be an indicator of that.

Lusche's graph looks to me pretty much like it follows population.  Although it's interesting how low the median is.  That says to me there were relatively few people pulling the average up with large numbers of kills.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2020, 04:03:08 PM »
I don't think anybody is looking at his numbers and says "Oh, my k/h is only x.xx, I quit!".
People quit because of not having enough fun, which can have various reasons of which 'not enough action' may be one of the more important ones. (And yes, players also quit for financial reasons or lack of time or old age, but that's not within the scope of this thread)

Although it's interesting how low the median is.  That says to me there were relatively few people pulling the average up with large numbers of kills.

But it's interesting to see that the ratio of (AVG/MED) has become smaller over the years, which is indicative of a more homogenous population than ever before (many older players, few newcomers).

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2020, 04:05:26 PM »
Lusche's graph looks to me pretty much like it follows population. 

Population soared high 2007-2009, you can't really see that in the AVG graph

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2020, 04:09:37 PM »
But it's interesting to see that the ratio of (AVG/MED) has become smaller over the years, which is indicative of a more homogenous population than ever before (many older players, few newcomers).

Sounds pretty plausible to me.

Population soared high 2007-2009, you can't really see that in the AVG graph

Ah.  I just saw the spike close to there and thought that was it.  Didn't realize it was before the highest pop years.

Glad to see you're still awesome, Snail.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2020, 04:16:45 PM »
Hey Lusche... another nice chart. How about a frozen margarita with salt on top.   :D

Oh wait...... no salt no salt.    :confused:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2020, 04:32:18 PM »
I'd think the same chart graphing only the top 150 would be a better representation of things.  But you'd need more points as one tour may include crap maps for the whole month.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2020, 07:22:00 PM »
Never looked at my K/H before, but just checked it.  Was surprised to find I was ranked 18 at 10.26 K/H.  But, other than scenario type events,  I usually play maybe half an hour to a couple hours most days, and almost exclusively fly fighters looking for good fights.

But to get to your point, I think finding good action quickly would surely be a plus, especially with keeping new players.

Just to set the  record straight.....Not being used to studying these stats, I think I pulled up atypical info...looked at it again, for Nov Melee was more like about 4 for me with a rank of about 200..closer to what I'd expect for this old guy  .... :old:

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2020, 07:56:20 PM »

I really dont think you see the point he is trying to make.  Player vs player action runs parallel to the kills per hour stat.  The way to game is heading = the wrong way.  People arent going to come here and pay 14.95 to steal a maproom in a largely vacant map.

Smaller maps, or 2 countries on larger ones.

ENY values, sideswitch timer, and dusk to dawn, and town resupply are a few other negative factors.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2020, 09:00:47 PM »
I really dont think you see the point he is trying to make.  Player vs player action runs parallel to the kills per hour stat.  The way to game is heading = the wrong way.  People arent going to come here and pay 14.95 to steal a maproom in a largely vacant map.

Smaller maps, or 2 countries on larger ones.

ENY values, sideswitch timer, and dusk to dawn, and town resupply are a few other negative factors.

player versus players means there's always gonna be those who kill a lot and those who die a lot.  to raise the average it means there will be quite a few who hardly get kills.

food for thought.  you think players who join look at stats and say, naw average kills per hour is bad, i quit. or they think, damn I couldnt take off after 10 tries, forget this game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2020, 09:28:11 PM »
player versus players means there's always gonna be those who kill a lot and those who die a lot.  to raise the average it means there will be quite a few who hardly get kills.

food for thought.  you think players who join look at stats and say, naw average kills per hour is bad, i quit. or they think, damn I couldnt take off after 10 tries, forget this game.

semp

FORGET THE STATS!!!!  All he is saying is he use to get more kills per hour of play than he does now, only meaning he either has a hard time finding fights or many players have gotten much better and are killing him more often  :noid

New players arent leaving because their stats suck, they are leaving because it takes too long to get a kill! Either they are spending too much time finding a fight (boring), of the are getting their a s s e s handed to them instantly. (frustrating)

If a way was found for new player to get into action quicker, of get lucky enough to get a few quick kills diving through a large furball  it would more than likely help keep those players in the game.