Author Topic: Throttle just died....recommendations?  (Read 3391 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Re: Throttle just died....recommendations?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2020, 02:49:32 PM »
I got a sticky rubber pad you'd use for putting a cell phone on the dash of your car. From either Amazon or eBay I forget which. Been a while. It's like four inches square. Really grippy but it doesn't use glue. Once you get it where you want it you really have to give it a good strong tug to get it back loose again. I think it works way better than the rubber feet. The throttle doesn't weigh much anyway and I found I was shoving the whole thing around. No more!

I applied a Jimisha antislip Dashboard Pad to the bottom of my throttle yesterday.  This one is a good size for my throttle without cutting it.  Sticks great to the desk, as you said Drano, no more sliding around.  Best part is I can then easily enough remove the throttle from my desk, no sticky residue, and then put it up out of the way.    :cheers:

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2020, 06:19:05 PM »
I applied a Jimisha antislip Dashboard Pad to the bottom of my throttle yesterday.  This one is a good size for my throttle without cutting it.  Sticks great to the desk, as you said Drano, no more sliding around.  Best part is I can then easily enough remove the throttle from my desk, no sticky residue, and then put it up out of the way.    :cheers:
Yeah I don't know what they're made of but they do work great! The best part is if they get dusty you can just wash em off with a little soap and water and they're good as new.

They hold so well I was afraid to pull the throttle off by the handle. I pried it up from the bottom.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2020, 10:52:09 PM »
Waiting for VKB to make theirs. Been waiting for years now. In the meantime, I have been using a cheap throttle from thrustmaster. A twc I think its called. It's actually pretty good. Halls sensors I think. And it has a bunch of buttons.

VKB gunfighter stick and their rudder pedal are the best in my opinion.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2020, 07:37:30 AM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2020, 08:52:45 AM »
Waiting for VKB to make theirs. Been waiting for years now. In the meantime, I have been using a cheap throttle from thrustmaster. A twc I think its called. It's actually pretty good. Halls sensors I think. And it has a bunch of buttons.

VKB gunfighter stick and their rudder pedal are the best in my opinion.

I saw that throttle and wanted to wait for it just to have my gear all from one manufacture, but 6 months was long enough for me. Just preordered the Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2020, 09:54:05 AM »
After decades of owning Thrustmaster gear that required regular maintenance/repair, I finally switched to a full HOTAS setup by Virpil.  Very happy with it and would never go back to TM.  You get what you pay for!

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills