Author Topic: Throttle just died....recommendations?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Throttle just died....recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 01:11:40 AM »
While I had mine open the last time I added a piece of velco to the slide base and now my throttle handle has some tension as I slide it back and forth  :)

If you have a CH stick and find the springs too loose, you can wrap a rubber band around the base and gimble to stiffen up the tension.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 01:54:59 PM »
Do you have a rubber band around your gimbles ack ack?

:devil

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 03:42:08 PM »
While I had mine open the last time I added a piece of velco to the slide base and now my throttle handle has some tension as I slide it back and forth  :)

Good idea Fugi.  I don't have any rubber cement at home so have not yet replaced the rubber feet, still easy to open it back up, thanks!

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 03:43:39 PM »
If it fails you again DA Ive got a warthog or x52 for you for whatever it costs to ship over the hills.

Wow, thanks for your generous offer Clu!  AM  hoping this thing will continue to perform well enough, but if not nice to have other options!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 04:58:32 PM »
I got a sticky rubber pad you'd use for putting a cell phone on the dash of your car. From either Amazon or eBay I forget which. Been a while. It's like four inches square. Really grippy but it doesn't use glue. Once you get it where you want it you really have to give it a good strong tug to get it back loose again. I think it works way better than the rubber feet. The throttle doesn't weigh much anyway and I found I was shoving the whole thing around. No more!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 05:34:21 PM »
I got a sticky rubber pad you'd use for putting a cell phone on the dash of your car. From either Amazon or eBay I forget which. Been a while. It's like four inches square. Really grippy but it doesn't use glue. Once you get it where you want it you really have to give it a good strong tug to get it back loose again. I think it works way better than the rubber feet. The throttle doesn't weigh much anyway and I found I was shoving the whole thing around. No more!

I like that idea, going to have to try it Drano.  I have the  sam4e issue with this light throttle, sometimes I have it  sliding off my desk.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 09:32:46 PM »
A quick fix.... wet your finger with coca cola then rub it on the bottom of the rubber feet. They stay where you put it then. Works for throttle and pedals too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 12:50:45 PM »
A quick fix.... wet your finger with coca cola then rub it on the bottom of the rubber feet. They stay where you put it then. Works for throttle and pedals too.

You don't need to put soda on your fingers, just rub the rubber feet.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2020, 01:57:30 PM »
You don't need to put soda on your fingers, just rub the rubber feet.

Clean rubber feet are better than dirty ones for sure. Coke just makes them extra sticky.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2020, 06:14:33 AM »
Glad you are back up and running with your CH Pro Throttle,  DaddyAce

Another recommendation for all who use CH Products controllers is when you have them open servicing/ repairing them

It is best to crimp down on all the female spade wire connectors.... This will help with more thorough and effective contact which will reduce spikes, spiking and smoother response from your controllers

As AckAck posted,  you can add rubber bands to increase the tension... I've used from 1 up to 10 rubber bands in the past messing around with the tension and using around 6 to 10 rubber bands makes the tension resemble the tension the old CH Products Force Feedback Fighterstick had er gave you

Thanks for the tip regarding the rubber pad, Drano

I'm guessing that you only used the fuzzy part of the velcro for this, Fugi?  interesting and thanks for the tip

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2020, 09:51:44 AM »
I finally got around to fixing the twisty Z axis on the X52 stick this morning. Took it apart and lightly sprayed the pot on the stick with WD40 while moving the shaft on the pot back and forth. Its back together and no more random spikes anymore. Can actually hold on autopilot for more then 3 seconds now
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2020, 11:05:01 AM »
I finally got around to fixing the twisty Z axis on the X52 stick this morning. Took it apart and lightly sprayed the pot on the stick with WD40 while moving the shaft on the pot back and forth. Its back together and no more random spikes anymore. Can actually hold on autopilot for more then 3 seconds now

I hope you lubricated it after the WD40.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2020, 11:46:54 AM »
Just another of the zillion uses for WD40. It's prolly not the best thing for that tho. They make electronics cleaner spray for that exact application. A little can lasts next to forever if that's all you're gonna use it for. Works a lot better too. Just make sure that it's labeled safe for plastics else it may weld/melt your plastic parts. Problem with WD40 is its a petroleum product. When you spray it on some plastics and rubbers that are also petroleum products it will tend to break them down and make them brittle. The good news is its fairly weak stuff!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2020, 01:23:43 PM »
I hope you lubricated it after the WD40.

Uh Oh  :uhoh
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2020, 01:30:34 PM »
At least it says nothing about not using on plastics, but also if it turns into a puddle of good and wires in the next week I will know not to do that again