Author Topic: Any skinners interested in Glamorous Glen III?  (Read 922 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Any skinners interested in Glamorous Glen III?
« on: December 10, 2020, 10:14:07 AM »
Any skinners interested in Glamorous Glen III to honor General Yeager (with slightly modified kill markings, of course)?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Any skinners interested in Glamorous Glen III?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 12:59:55 PM »
I always thought it was an attractive skin.  This is kind of an old screenshot but I could update it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 01:07:11 PM »
Was that ever accepted in an update? (I looked for it before I posted the request).  :salute

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 01:33:09 PM »
Never submitted it - the P-51D slots were full.   

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 02:04:30 PM »
Never submitted it - the P-51D slots were full.

We need another West Virginian represented! <S>  :cheers:
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 02:43:45 PM »
Any skinners interested in Glamorous Glen III to honor General Yeager (with slightly modified kill markings, of course)?

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

I would do it but after Oboe PM'ed me that screenshot I think it is best we wait on him.   I am working on Old Crow though so perhaps we can get a couple of them in the game to fly wing with.   Then again, we already have an OD 357th and I also did Yeager's first P-51B.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 10:18:11 AM »
Better be careful not to fill the Pony slots so soon. We have a dozen Pacific ones already.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 12:10:51 PM »
Better be careful not to fill the Pony slots so soon. We have a dozen Pacific ones already.

Exaggerate much?

I don't hear any complaints other than from you (no surprise there, albeit a tad ironic considering I skinned one directly at your request).   Pacific Mustangs have just as much a place in here as those from any other Theater.   They have a rich history and have been well-received.

If you don't like my skins then make some of your own.  We're not exactly overflowing with skinners around here.

As for the slots being full, I am the one who lobbied to have them expanded in the first place.  There are still close to twenty open slots for the D if my math is correct.

No offense intended (I realize that's a one-way street with the #Butthurt Brigade).   YMMV.    :salute

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 01:27:02 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 08:35:07 PM »
Exaggerate much?

I don't hear any complaints other than from you (no surprise there, albeit a tad ironic considering I skinned one directly at your request).   Pacific Mustangs have just as much a place in here as those from any other Theater.   They have a rich history and have been well-received.

If you don't like my skins then make some of your own.  We're not exactly overflowing with skinners around here.

As for the slots being full, I am the one who lobbied to have them expanded in the first place.  There are still close to twenty open slots for the D if my math is correct.

No offense intended (I realize that's a one-way street with the #Butthurt Brigade).   YMMV.    :salute

It seems I offended you. Sorry, that was not the purpose. I just simply stated that I have seen a lot of Pacific P-51s when there were only a few units there and a very short time period is all. I see nothing wrong with another 357th P-51 especially one that was piloted by Yeager...especially considering we have 20 slots.

I certainly appreciate the work you did for me and never made a comment on how good or bad your skins are, so I am not sure where that comment came from. I am butthurt about nothing and not sure where that comment came from either. Thank you for successfully lobbying for more slots  :aok.

Alas, you are one of only two P-51 skinners. So, if you want 30 PTO P-51s you have that power. I was simply making a point about the percentages of aircraft in the PTO and ETO while understanding we have a limit regarding how many skins we have available. So it would behoove oneself to keep that in mind. Like aforementioned, you are in charge here so do as you please.

I am very sorry for offending you, it was not my intention.

:cheers:

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 09:58:34 PM »
A valid request. I believe he just took it wrong.... a misunderstanding. It makes all the sense in the world to have good coverage. Really helps scenarios and all the folks really appreciate it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 07:01:43 PM »
Fair enough.   Apologies for taking it wrong. 

I frankly think there weren't enough Pacific Theater Mustangs.    When diversity is the goal I would rather see the VLR airplanes from multiple groups over five from the same ETO group.

When Oboe took a timeout I was the ONLY Mustang skinner.  The orphans did not fare well when the graphics engine changed.   So I made the effort to improve them.   At that point I think only four or five Ds were original schemes I WANTED to do.  So when the slots were opened I got to do a few I wanted and I chose under-represented units. 

I have no plans for any more at the moment. 

I have volunteered before to remove my stuff to open up slots.  I'll do so again if the need arises.   In the meantime I hope people find them of use.   Thanks for the kind replies.

:cheers: :salute
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 08:06:54 PM »
Also, P3, I wasn't including you in the #Butthurt Brigade.   I simply noted that with them non-offense isn't a two-way street. 
”KILLER V”

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 03:35:45 PM »
Also, P3, I wasn't including you in the #Butthurt Brigade.   I simply noted that with them non-offense isn't a two-way street.

It certainly seemed that way. Thanks for the clarification.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2021, 03:39:37 PM »
It certainly seemed that way. Thanks for the clarification.

My apologies for that as I can see why you would have read it that way.

:salute :cheers:
”KILLER V”