Author Topic: Ryzen5 5600X  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Ryzen5 5600X
« on: December 16, 2020, 03:17:14 PM »
Has anyone heard when these CPUs might become available again?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Ryzen5 5600X
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 03:58:48 PM »
Has anyone heard when these CPUs might become available again?

They're probaby being bought up and scalped, just like Nvida's GPU's.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Denniss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 11:15:29 PM »
at least in Germany they are available but still overprized. Prizes are falling slightly though so there's hope. The only CPU with highly limited availability is the 5900X.
If there's no pressing need for this CPU try to wait for christmas offers or next year.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 10:25:11 AM »
Scalpers are here to stay because folks buy from scalpers.

I built my machine with the 10900K. I knew the AMD was about to release... I also knew it would be unavailable for a long time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 10:39:40 AM »
Scalpers are here to stay because folks buy from scalpers.

I built my machine with the 10900K. I knew the AMD was about to release... I also knew it would be unavailable for a long time.

Yep.  I had saved up for an RTX 3080, went to order one on Newegg and they were all out of stock. 
The same $800 video card can be bought on Ebay for over $1,500. (I'll just have to wait)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 08:18:15 PM »
I hope this isn't like the bitcoin miners situation where the supply/demand was out of whack for years. In fact, gpu prices never really recovered with gpu designs several years old still selling for the original MSRP or higher and newer designs coming out with MSRP greater than $1,000. For years, PC prices were kind of fixed: I could build a complete gaming box with 2nd tier hardware (typically last years best or 2nd best hardware) for about $1,500. Only one component kept creeping up in price: the GPU while some components like hard drives went up and down, but trended down overall. A nice mid-range GPU that could play games at decent resolution and quality settings used to be about $200. By the time I needed a 1080 for VR, decent cards could have $600 MSRP or higher. I got my 1080 from NewEgg for $480 after a rebate, just before the bitcoin market surged the price up to $1,200 on eBay. Eventually, I needed a 2nd one for my son. I considered getting a 2080 for me then giving him my 1080, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $800 or more on a gpu, which would be half the cost of an entire PC. Eventually, the supply caught up with the demand and I found a used 1080 identical to mine for $350, whereas used 1080 Tis were still selling for as much as a 2080 Ti.

If everything was available at MSRP right now, I would probably build an all-AMD rig with a 5800X or 5900X cpu and a 6800XT gpu. The 3080 Ti might actually be the better gpu in many respects, but again the price is just too high even if it is in stock and at MSRP when it comes out. All I can do is wait to see if the supply/demand normalizes and then I will figure out whether I am going intel/nVida, intel/AMD, or AMD/AMD.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 01:43:35 AM »
There are actually two major problems I assume:

1. Lockdown/work-from-home/game-and-work from home - so way too many users want to buy a decent gaming GPU
2. Holidays - it is always high demand at this period
3. Many new products - AMD's CPUs, RTX 30x0 series and RX 6X00 series that are major leap forward and everyone want to buy one while non-top-of-the tier products are outclassed

I'd suggest unless you absolutely have to - wait until after holidays. I still play on rx 560/4G that gives me either good visuals for 30FPS in stuff like Shadow of Tomb Raider or 60FPS for dynamic shooting parts were I don't really care about high quality.

I'm waiting for lower end RDNA2 CPUS.

BTW there is another market for nVidia GPUs - deep learning. rx 3090 with 24G of RAM is probably the best GPU for it. I mean gamers don't need it but for me who works in that field  3090 is a dream
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 04:24:53 AM »
Lots of pricing is totally weird in the world right now.  Some CPU's seem (to me) to be way overpriced, but graphics card pricing is in outer space.  The same graphics cards I bought years ago are now 50% to 100% *more* than when I bought them.  That is ridiculous.  I'm wondering if it is just a supply problem or if it is a tendril of inflation.

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 07:08:52 PM »
I am not buying anything until the pricing is at least MSRP or better. If the prices stay up for years like they did for bitcoin, I may abandon this hobby. I did a lot of other things before I focused on combat flight sims. In fact, during my 8 years in the Navy on submarines, I never even owned a PC. I spent every waking minute off duty being as active as I could and I could easily fall back in that routine. I really and truly wanted to be a fighter pilot for most of my life and PCs have given me a placebo to scratch that itch. But I already spend too much time in front of computers for work. If it costs too much, I will go back to having a real life again. But I hate unplugging from the Matrix. With VR, I feel like I am really flying more than ever and it is so addictive for me.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 11:20:44 AM »
Do not expect any price drop before summer.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 02:55:15 PM »
I am not buying anything until the pricing is at least MSRP or better. If the prices stay up for years like they did for bitcoin, I may abandon this hobby. I did a lot of other things before I focused on combat flight sims. In fact, during my 8 years in the Navy on submarines, I never even owned a PC. I spent every waking minute off duty being as active as I could and I could easily fall back in that routine. I really and truly wanted to be a fighter pilot for most of my life and PCs have given me a placebo to scratch that itch. But I already spend too much time in front of computers for work. If it costs too much, I will go back to having a real life again. But I hate unplugging from the Matrix. With VR, I feel like I am really flying more than ever and it is so addictive for me.

^This.

Scalpers true, but especially miners.  And apparently nVidia is selling loads of cards directly to mining companies, leaving gamers out in the cold.   I have to think this will eventually affect computer retailers (why spend money to build a new machine when you can't get a decent video card to put in it?) and game developers (why buy the latest games when your current card will struggle to produce playable framerates?).   I don't bother watching YouTube card reviews anymore because what's the point?  You can't get the cards anyway.   I think the negative effects from this mining bubble will have to start spreading.

I hope the bottom completely falls out of the cryptocurrency market and it never, ever recovers.

I read the other day Tesla has made more money speculating in Bitcoin than they have in all the years they have been making cars.   Seems like a sign of a sick economy to me.