Author Topic: Releasing ordinance from a fighter  (Read 776 times)

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
Releasing ordinance from a fighter
« on: December 17, 2020, 03:40:14 PM »
I select secondary, the bombs show, but when I hit fire secondary the secondary gun goes off, and 1 bomb drops. Is there a way to just drop the bombs, or fire the rockets without having to cycle through the list of weaponry each time you want to do one particular thing?

Thanks

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Releasing ordinance from a fighter
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 03:56:32 PM »
Nope.

Most guys with program 2 buttons for weapons.

1. Fire all, This is your trigger to fire all guns at a target.
2. Fire secondary, for me its my top single button on my stick. You can use it to throw a burst of secondary guns saving cannon rounds, or once hitting "back space" key to cycle through your secondary weapons, bombs, rockets, and guns. to fire those

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 05:27:12 PM »
I select secondary, the bombs show, but when I hit fire secondary the secondary gun goes off, and 1 bomb drops. Is there a way to just drop the bombs, or fire the rockets without having to cycle through the list of weaponry each time you want to do one particular thing?

Thanks

To drop bombs or rockets you have to select them as the secondary weapon. Your secondary guns should stop firing until reselected.

To fire all guns with the primary trigger assign Fire All Guns instead of primary fire.

If you still want to be able to separate your primary and secondary fire, for example when you have cannon and cannon is selected as secondary, you can use Modes. Copy mode 1 to mode 3 in the controller setup and set up one mode with fire all guns and the other mode with just fire primary o the trigger.  That way you can select bombs or rockets and still fire all your guns or switch modes to fire guns and cannon separately.

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 08:06:23 PM »
I fat fingers the reply.  I have it set up with primary and secondary.  The trigger on the joystick fires all.  The top button is select secondary,  when I hit that the panel cycles through the ordinance, but when I hit fire secondary i get e burst of guns, then the bomb drops, and secondary goes back to mg (P 51).  To drop the second bomb i have to select it again and it repeats..a burst then the bomb drops.  Confused.

Thanks

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 09:31:53 PM »
sounds like you setup the "secondary" button to "weapons Select secondary" instead of "fire secondary"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 09:51:16 PM »
I fat fingers the reply.  I have it set up with primary and secondary.  The trigger on the joystick fires all.  The top button is select secondary,  when I hit that the panel cycles through the ordinance, but when I hit fire secondary i get e burst of guns, then the bomb drops, and secondary goes back to mg (P 51).  To drop the second bomb i have to select it again and it repeats..a burst then the bomb drops.  Confused.

Thanks

What are you using for "fire secondary"?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 09:34:01 AM »
Sounds like a double trigger like whats on the warthog

Make a separate button to only fire secondary weapon

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 03:11:01 PM »
I have one button set to "Global Weapon Select Secondary" and and another "Global Fire Secondary" on my FIghterstick. If I am in a 51 with bombs and rockets, and I select Bomb, when I hit fire secondary I get a machine gun burst and maybe the bomb drops, and if it does the secondary select switches to rockets.  Seems to me that if I want to bomb something I should be able to drop 1 or 2 bombs in 1 pass.  If I select rockets after 2 are fired, then it stays live for the last 4, and I don't have to reselect them.  I am dealing with something unnatural here I suspect.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 04:14:08 PM »
You're correct there is something screwy there. I tired the P-51 with bombs and rockets and everything worked normally and I couldn't reproduce your experience. I suspect the joystick might have an issue.

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 06:45:18 PM »
Based on your comment, I put the 2 functions on my throttle and they worked perfectly-meaning it's the fire secondary button on my fighterstick. Guess I need to get a new button.

Thanks

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 08:06:30 PM »
 :aok