Author Topic: Joystick Famine  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
Joystick Famine
« on: December 18, 2020, 02:04:55 AM »
To cut a long story short I had send back aka RMA my thrustmaster t.flight hotas one and ended up getting a refund.
The problem now is a complete lack of availability or hugely inflated prices on low go mid end flight sim gear.

I'm fed up of waiting and believe it will be the 2nd week of January before any restocking takes place. The t16000m looks ok with the hall sensors as does the vkb gladiator nxt.

I'm hoping to get any advice or stick with precision and was wondering if anyone in the EU or so was selling anything more suitable than a 15 year old Saitek Cyborg Evo.

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
Re: Joystick Famine
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 12:29:32 PM »
Above tldr: flight sticks and hotas resupply dates known.

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 01:01:20 AM »
I posted some this to Brookes post in hardware/software but I feel this applies here as well. Amazon and Newegg are horrible places to shop for flight controllers.

All the mainstream stuff from Logitech all the way up to the TM:Warthog is way way overpriced right now the only stuff that doesn't seem to be sold by price gouging scalpers is the High End Boutique stuff from the likes of WinWing, Virpil, VKB, Komodo. VKB at least has some good midrange gear that is realistically priced.

the only low to mid range stuff I would recommend is VKB's stuff like the Gladiator NXT GNX Premium which is actually worth the $150 USD sale price.

If your looking for a new joystick your best bet is Virpil or VKB but they are both high end and very expensive ... fortunately they are easy to get .... I ordered the virpil T50 Mongoos CM3 throttle to replace my CM2 (The CM3 has moduler detents) a few weeks ago and I have already been given delivery notice that I should receive my new throttle this Friday.

At least VKB has some less expensive mid range gear. If your still dead set on shopping the low to mid like Saitech TM CH etc I would look at pilot supply stores such as ...

Pilot Shop
https://www.pilotshop.com

Pilot Mall
https://www.pilotmall.com/

And My Pilot Store
https://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 05:48:10 AM »
Thanks Mayhem that's some good info you posted there. I guess I'm looking for a tide me over stick at this point.

I'm living in The Netherlands where VKB has it's European address . You'd be inclined to think that would make a difference as regarding pricing or availability of VKB products but they are always out of stock particularly on gladiator NXT premiums.
I might add they are quite a bit more expensive too.

How do people generally fare without a separate throttle?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:50:12 AM by Cluzig »

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 03:26:08 AM »
Check out "used" Joysticks on Amazon, alot of times they sell them really cheap if the box is beat up.  I've gotten two perfectly fine joysticks, a nice video card, great monitor, nintendo switch, and likely many other things way below normal price.  Havent noticed any cosmetic imperfections that they always claim it has.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 08:59:33 PM »
Globally there are shipping issues (as in insufficient air capacity) and this is pushing prices of components up and availability down.