Author Topic: Aileron trim not steady  (Read 454 times)

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
Aileron trim not steady
« on: December 23, 2020, 05:55:43 PM »
No matter what fighter I fly the aileron trim drifts a lot so that I have to keep correcting it.  I have recalibrated my controller, in both Windows and the sim, but all I can do is get it close, but it still drifts.  It would be nice if you could adjust climb on auto pilot, but that does not seem to work either.

Thanks

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Aileron trim not steady
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 06:12:10 PM »
if you have combat trim on then the trim is automatic and will continue to change as your speed changes cntrl X toggles combat trim on and off

in auto speed mode (alt X) you can set the speed you want to climb at with a dot command. .speed 250 enter, will have the plane climb at 250 mph

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Aileron trim not steady
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:15:02 PM »
Aileron trim is for a specific speed. When your speed changes you will be out of trim. You can use auto-level autopilot or auto-angle auto pilot to hold your course with wings level.

You can change the speed you climb at with the .speed command when in auto-speed auto pilot. Open the text box and type .speed 200 and you will climb at 200 instead of the default climb rate.

You can also climb at different pitch angles, resulting in different speeds, using the auto-angle auto pilot.

I have all the auto pilot modes mapped to a hat switch so it's easy to pick between them.