Author Topic: After the last update my game will minimizes to my desktop every 8 min or so  (Read 1016 times)

Offline popason

• Zinc Member
I have tried everything even uninstalling Mcafee, turning off behind the seen apps updating drivers checked for malware and viruses. Im now lost. My cpu's are staying cool. The only thing I have done other then down loaded the new patch was to install a 4T ssd card and clone the hard drives to the ssd drives. Please if anyone can help I would appreciate your thoughts.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Just in case something minor has failed during the cloning process, run "sfc /scannow" in Power Shell Admin (right click the start menu icon down left).

Other than that, McAfee is known to do funny things even when uninstalled so shutting it down may not change anything.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
My Niece was having that same issue last week, in MNM, she was kicked to Desktop 5 times in 30min. I had her go in, and check "Power Management"settings on USBs. Most had been reverted to "allow computer to shut down". Guessing a Win Update? Also had her get rid of Temp files,to clear up memory. Not sure the cleanup, had much effect,but it did solve her issue. She hasnt been kicked or had mini-freezes since---3 hours of game play :banana:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Nice catch, 1stpar3! Especially the version updates may change all the power management changes the user has made.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
If in vr the mirror desktop causes it to miminize when I remove vr headset

I turn that off

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline popason

• Zinc Member
Thanks to all for the info

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member

I turn that off

Eagler
Where is this "Oculus desktop mirror setting found"? I never even thought about it...cant hurt! 
BROTHER!!!!! Wish you were at my place, for MNM!!!!   Then, you could hear what I hear! (ULblizz)
 "Its a 109!!!!!!!" Is this Eagl?.....MOTHER TRUCKER!!"  With a few, "I got him!!!! MOTHER TRUCKER!!! NOW I KNOW, he will be hunting me...  :uhoh
That evolved into....Where that MO-FO(paraphrased  she is not a potty mouth lol))  at? HE IS MINE! CHIT... NOOO NOOO NOOOO!!!! GRRRRRRRR! I'll be back" I told her to fly a different plane, now and again. She just said "SCREW THAT"! He is the best fights I have in MNM! Wish he was GREEN."

Love ya Brother,
BW1stpar/ULcapkid

"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member

I turn that off

Eagler
Eagler
Where is this "Oculus desktop mirror setting found"? I never even thought about it...cant hurt! 
BROTHER!!!!! Wish you were at my place, for MNM!!!!   Then, you could hear what I hear! (ULblizz)
 "Its a 109!!!!!!!" Is this Eagl?.....MOTHER TRUCKER!!"  With a few, "I got him!!!! MOTHER TRUCKER!!! NOW I KNOW, he will be hunting me...  :uhoh
That evolved into....Where that MO-FO(paraphrased  she is not a potty mouth lol))  at? HE IS MINE! CHIT... NOOO NOOO NOOOO!!!! GRRRRRRRR! I'll be back" I told her to fly a different plane, now and again. She just said "SCREW THAT"! He is the best fights I have in MNM! Wish he was GREEN."

Love ya Brother,
BW1stpar/ULcapkid

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Thanks for the kind words :)

Blizz is a very good stick.

It is an AH setting..

Option/ pref/vr...disable auto vr mode swap is the one I checked

Eagler

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 02:18:38 PM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Thanks for the kind words :)

Blizz is a very good stick.

It is an AH setting..

Option/ pref/vr...disable auto vr mode swap is the one I checked

Eagler
ALL TRUTH, Brother! Thanks, testing it!