Author Topic: Emptiness  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
Emptiness
« on: December 26, 2020, 10:54:31 AM »
I first started with Aces High in early 2000, and played for about 10 years.  Left till a couple of weeks ago and resigned up.  But there does not seem to be the same number of people in the sim as there used to be, and few if any fir balls, but a lot of tankers.  Has that been a trend over the last years.  Or, is there a way of finding where the action is other than looking at the map? Is there a place that shows the number of squadrons and if any are requiting.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Emptiness
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 11:07:49 AM »
The numbers are lower than they were some years ago. There is much debate about the causes.

You can ask on the radio where the fights are if you don't see any.

You can also ask people to go duel in the match arena.

There are special events like the scenarios where you have assigned roles but generally they lead to a fight.

There is a squadron forum, just scroll down.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 01:58:24 PM »
I first started with Aces High in early 2000, and played for about 10 years.  Left till a couple of weeks ago and resigned up.  But there does not seem to be the same number of people in the sim as there used to be, and few if any fir balls, but a lot of tankers.  Has that been a trend over the last years.  Or, is there a way of finding where the action is other than looking at the map? Is there a place that shows the number of squadrons and if any are requiting.

Yes the numbers are much lower. Game play has changed to a more "individual" style play. The are very few "squads" of any size left. The best thing to do if you are looking for a squad is when you are on, bring up the notebook, and click on "roster". Across the top of the roster list, click on the "squad" button to sort the list by squads, then "team" to sort by team. This will sort the list so that you can see whos from what squad on your team. Find the group you like flying with by picking a squad with 3-4 or more players on, right click one of the names and click on "goto". That will put you in the same area they are flying in....if they are flying together (some squads dont fly together much any more....that "individual" thing again)., and fly around with them. Work with them, see if they are a fun group to fly with, or do the things you like to do. If so, ask if you can join the squad, if not, check out another group and do the same thing again until you find a group you like flying with.

Years ago squads worked as mini teams on a team. Many had squad nights and would go head to head with other squads on those nights to work on taking a single base. Now you dont see many squads get more than a few guys on together and work together toward a goal be it fighter sweeps, base takes, of porking missions to help out the over all "war effort".

Im looking for a new sqaud as most of the "Pigs" have moved on to other games. I flew with the AK's a few nights and had a lot of fun, but they get together on Mondays and I mostly only get to fly on Satuday nights so while they are a great bunch of guys, the timing doesnt work out for me. Thats why its good to do your squad hunting on the nights/days you fly. There are still a few squads that fly together, but no where as many as the old days.

Offline Guano

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 02:30:17 PM »
You said to scroll down to see the Squad forum.  I couldn't find it.

Too bad about the numbers being down, I thought they would be up because of the world situation.  I've looked at other flight sims, but this was the most fun because I was in a really good and close squad. The leader was called RacrX.  Thanks for the info though and if you find a good squad, let me know.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 03:01:34 PM »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 03:28:52 PM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 01:35:24 PM »
.... if you find a good squad, let me know.

162nd Purple Hearts is another active squad.  I flew with them for a number of years; they were great to fly with, and I especially enjoyed flying with them in FSO.  They regularly hold organized practices on Thursdays.  Weiser is their CO and is a super guy.

I stopped participating in FSOs in an effort to stay on a more regular sleep schedule, and FSOs start around the time I'm thinking about  turning in for the night...... I also like to switch sides to find good fights and help balance the sides.  I find if you treat the other players with respect, help them with their SA, and help cover them, it's usually easy to jump in and participate with whatever is going on at the time.      :cheers:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 01:39:49 PM »
162nd Purple Hearts is another active squad.  I flew with them for a number of years; they were great to fly with, and I especially enjoyed flying with them in FSO.  They regularly hold organized practices on Thursdays.  Weiser is their CO and is a super guy.

I stopped participating in FSOs in an effort to stay on a more regular sleep schedule, and FSOs start around the time I'm thinking about  turning in for the night...... I also like to switch sides to find good fights and help balance the sides.  I find if you treat the other players with respect, help them with their SA, and help cover them, it's usually easy to jump in and participate with whatever is going on at the time.      :cheers:

If you have info on their website or insignia I could use it for my page.  :salute :)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 03:09:31 PM »
If you have info on their website or insignia I could use it for my page.  :salute :)

Okay, will follow up later.....

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 08:52:11 PM »
I passed along the request to the squad boss......    :salute

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 09:11:30 PM »
I passed along the request to the squad boss......    :salute

Thank you, sir.  :salute