Author Topic: Text / Message window is gone  (Read 984 times)

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
Text / Message window is gone
« on: January 02, 2021, 04:45:18 PM »
Does anybody know how to bring it back? Can't see any messages. I've tried the resize message window key with no luck. I can see it when I look at the mirror image on my monitor (when I take VR goggles off), just not thru my VR headset. I did change from Win10 standard user account to an admin account today, wondering if that screwed something up?
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Text / Message window is gone
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 05:54:38 PM »
It prolly moved itself to somewhere behind you. In VR go to GUI in the clipboard and look around. It's there somewhere, maybe over your head. Just drag it back to where you want it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 07:40:19 PM »
It prolly moved itself to somewhere behind you. In VR go to GUI in the clipboard and look around. It's there somewhere, maybe over your head. Just drag it back to where you want it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I can see the dark gray background of it only when I bring up the GUI. I can move it around (just can't resize it) there as well. As soon as I close the preferences/GUI, it goes away and I can't see anything that I or others type.
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 08:05:15 PM »
Don't forget to look at both text boxes, normal and ~, they can be in different positions.

If you have trouble resizing the boxes with the mouse in VR, try grabbing a different side of the box.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 08:42:10 PM »
Mine sometimes resets straight above me and the text box is basically minimized to just a line

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 11:18:23 AM »
Tried a few searches without results but IIRC there is a file you can delete and the game will regenerate a new one regarding the text window, at least I thought so.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 12:40:01 PM »
Tried a few searches without results but IIRC there is a file you can delete and the game will regenerate a new one regarding the text window, at least I thought so.

Thanks Fuze, that got me to look through my game files. I deleted VR_msgbar.cfg and VR_filters.cfg and that fixed the issue. Not sure which one was affecting it but it works now.
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 12:58:15 PM »
Happens to me sometimes. I'll find it as a black line floating above my head. Thats the box shrunk down. Grab, stretch it open and reposition.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 01:35:56 PM »
Thanks Fuze, that got me to look through my game files. I deleted VR_msgbar.cfg and VR_filters.cfg and that fixed the issue. Not sure which one was affecting it but it works now.

I didn't expect to help too much but glad I offered my two cents. -{S}-
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 08:19:58 AM »
The file is filtters.cfg or VR_filtters.cfg in the Aces High III/ settings folder. Deleting that file will reset the message window to default.

Where you type text is radio.cfg or VR_radio.cfg

Dale

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 06:49:55 AM »
in my experiance this problem occurs when you switch from monitor to vr modes during game start. Wait for it to load fully, once in tower - then put on the VR.