Author Topic: Thrustmaster T.16000M now costs 150% more? And other outrageous prices.  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Ye gods.

First I noticed that graphics cards are 100% more than the same card cost a couple years ago.

Now I see the Thrustmaster T.16000M costs 150% more than it did 1 year ago.  ($140 at Amazon, where I bought it for $56 in March.)

And it's now $22 to get a plate of Thai fried rice from my local place.

Weimar, is that you?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Thrustmaster T.16000M now costs 150% more? And other outrageous prices.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 09:17:26 AM »
Same cards are even higher than when they were released just months ago. They just announced they will be going up too.

If people stop buying......
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TheRobbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 10:52:42 AM »

Now I see the Thrustmaster T.16000M costs 150% more than it did 1 year ago.  ($140 at Amazon, where I bought it for $56 in March.)

i feel your pain, i encountered the same situation. ended up ordering a used saitek off of ebay. my last thrustmaster started spiking the rudder bad after falling off of my desk. i am not gonna pay 140.00 for something that can break that easily. i am just that much of a cheapskate.
Scared aka Friend aka Booger.

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 11:26:18 AM »

If people stop buying......

Well, these's the rub.  The prices are going up because people are buying them as fast as they can be made.  If production on many of those items were to increase 50%, you'd likely still have them sold out shortly after the new shipments arrive.  Until demand drops, to a level that can easily be supported by the current manufacturing capacity, you aren't likely to see prices go back down.  And unfortunately, the realities of current manufacturing mean that you're unlikely to see significant increases in the near future - which is sad, since I've got a whole computer I'm looking to replace, and the graphics card in particular is 3 generations behind.

Mike

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 01:37:29 PM »
Googling searching says the Dell store has them for $70.

We're lucky, Covid helped home entertainment peripheral makers. A lot of other businesses went out of business. Our hobby will survive.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 03:35:12 PM »
Ye gods.
And it's now $22 to get a plate of Thai fried rice from my local place.

Weimar, is that you?

Do a YT search for UncleRoger Egg Fried Rice.  HAIYA!! $5 should cover enough for 4  :banana:

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 04:34:07 AM »
Googling searching says the Dell store has them for $70.

Thanks for the recommendation of Dell.  It is a good recommendation.

I'd have to wait a month to get it from them, though, and need them sooner than that.

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 11:14:03 AM »
Just wait it out a few days if possible. I've been tracking stick prices as I'm stuck with a saitek cyborg since my t flight hotas went kaputt. Prices will level out very soon as ETAs expect them 2nd week of January regarding the T16000M.

Logitech joysticks and former saitek stuff is week 3 for extreme 3d pro and 4 for the Hotas x56 restock. This is true for Europe but I suspect the same for NA.

Edit: the Thrustmaster T16000m is now available and dropped from 100 to 80 euro. I think by the 12th of January most will be restocked.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:18:23 AM by Cluzig »