Author Topic: Mic's not working  (Read 804 times)

Offline Beach

• Zinc Member
Mic's not working
« on: January 10, 2021, 10:36:17 PM »
Please help

Ever since I have returned to AH I have not been able to get my Mic's to function.  I have just bought a brand new computer and I am running equipment that can handle all of AH's requirements.  My OS is Windows 10 and I have checked to make sure the current headset I'm trying to use at the time ( Bluetooth headset or my Oculus Quest 2 VR ) is set to the respective headset and in game I verify that the preferences, game sound is set to respective headsets.  I can hear the game fine and I can hear others.  on a rare occasion others hear me, but for the most part all others hear is the beep from me keying up the mic.

any techy advice?
Uorok

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Mic's not working
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 09:22:16 AM »
In the Voice settings in AH is mic boost on?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 09:38:06 AM »
What FLS said and also: Have you checked the gain level of the mic in Windows?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Beach

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 09:11:09 PM »
My boost is turned on.  I have checked all mic volume adjustments that I can find, but nothing specifically saying "gain".  Where can I find that option?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 01:15:02 AM »
https://orhelp.osu.edu/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/223/41/How-to-manage-Sound-settings-in-Windows-10 explains most of it. The microphone instructions start at about 1/3 down the page. The 'Device Properties' link opens a new window with tabs, one of which is 'Levels'. You'll find gain there, a slide bar with 10% increments. Most often the zero level isn't enough and 30% is too much but it depends on your microphone.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 11:02:40 AM »
Sound Settings in Windows should let you test the mic.

You set the levels in the AH clipboard Options Preferences Voice menu.

You can tune the voice channel to your Gameid online to hear your transmissions. To test offline tune  to SERVER to hear yourself talk.

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 11:53:59 AM »
Use Skype test call function or similar program to tweak your mic automatically, some of the time this quick fix works in other programs.

What is the name of type of sound device? Right click the start button and open device manager in the menu.

Have you tried selecting default sound device for both in aces high settings? Or a mixture of what u know works?