Author Topic: Main WWI Arena  (Read 1032 times)

Offline skillet83

• Zinc Member
Main WWI Arena
« on: January 11, 2021, 06:51:40 PM »
Currently, the WWI arena has three teams, Bish, Knight, Rook. In previous versions of AH, it was only two sides with some separation. We fly that arena on Friday and Saturday evenings. It would be great to go back to two sides with a little separation. Also, having field ack at your base to protect you on take off and landing would be great as well from the vulchers that do not respect field operations to get in the game.
Doing this would be much easier to keep teams even, hopefully get more peeps in. Currently have a handful that fly regularly on Fri and Sat. Would like to see it grow.

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
Re: Main WWI Arena
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 06:05:35 PM »
+1
Two sides makes sense in this arena. This approach works well in an arena with lower numbers where there is no base taking or map winning. It might also make keeping the sides balanced easier since there is no ENY. More seperation between bases would is also a good idea. Maybe with a no-man's land between them. Base ack again, also a good idea. It would help keep the fights out in the area between the bases.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 02:20:57 PM »
The people in there can choose just 2 sides.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 09:59:37 AM »
We try to use just two sides but that usually dont work very good as you will be in combat and see some guy up from another country. Then you will be trying to notify him while battling with someone like Skillet and the outcome is not very good. The other guy gets upset and leaves and the person doing the notifying is left with a wrecked kite.  Two countries with further bases and field ack to prevent vulchers. That would a real nice addition to the WW1 arena plus a few new Planes..

:airplane: :cheers: :salute
Pops

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 10:48:28 AM »
Can't you disable the planes from the fields of the 3rd country you want blocked?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 04:08:00 PM »
Can't you disable the planes from the fields of the 3rd country you want blocked?

Eagler

That is correct
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 04:18:50 PM »

Eagler

He can if he has permissions from HTC as some of the guys that run the scenarios and AvA arenas.

I think it would be easiest for them to create a custom arena with one of the small AVA or scenario maps that have only 2 sides and then disable all planes but the WWI one from all fields. It has the ack they want (and it could be adjusted for lethality), they would just need to find which map has close enough bases so it wont take a month to fly to the action in those old kites.

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 05:09:06 PM »
Eagler I do not have that privilege to be able to take bases away from an arena that also goes for you Darkwood. Fugitive I am trying to figure out how to set up a map in a scenario arena but I need some assistance on that. Thanks for all input guys <S>

Pops

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 06:02:05 PM »
Eagler I do not have that privilege to be able to take bases away from an arena that also goes for you Darkwood. Fugitive I am trying to figure out how to set up a map in a scenario arena but I need some assistance on that. Thanks for all input guys <S>

Pops

To setup custom arena....

Load the game up and click on "Online Arenas"

The lower left red button "create arena", click that

Name-- name it what you want, its what will be displayed on the clipboard under "Melee Arena, SEA and so on. Pops WWI is kinda catchy  :)

Arena password-- leave it blank if you dont want to limit "who" comes in

Max players-- this is the issue, max is 16. If you attract more players it wont work for you

Terrain-- pick anyone that is available. Im sure some of the smaller AvA maps would work for you
Texture-- default is good or you could try pacific or europe, you wont break it.

Arena config-- Once in the custom arena you can make adjustment to plane sets, ack strength wind alts ammo loads and so on. If you save the file here is were you would load it and save you some time in setting up the arena each time.

Message of the day-- you can have a custom message display when players log in. I've never done it, but you type up the text and save it and then upload it. Once its up loaded you can select it here.

Click "Create Arena".

Once it builds it out you have your own arena. Like I said you can go through all of the settings and adjust the arena the way you want it. Just remember to save it so you dont have to mess with it the next time you load it up.

Its not hard, and I really dont think you can break it so spend an hour or two just messing with it.

Good luck!